• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Diagnosed with cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
How are things going?

Still going good. I had my second Chemo and 12th Radiation treatments today so I'm over 1/3 of the way. I'm using my peg, a tube inserted in my stomach, for most of my water now and had my first can of food that way today. They just want me to be ready if my throat gets too bad to swallow. My son is spending lots of time with me here at the hotel and that really makes it a lot easier for me. He has taken time off work and will be here most of the rest of the way. The Lord did bless me with some fine children even though I didn't have much luck with my wives. lol :D Just trying to be funny they had a good mother too but due to lots of circumstances brought on mostly by me our marriage never worked out but we are still friends after being divorced for over 35 years.:)

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well just a little update on my battle. I'm still on the feeding tube for most of my nourishment. My taste buds were pretty well wiped out from the Radiation treatment but are slowly coming back and some food is beginning to taste edible again so I'm eating some food everyday. I go back for more scans at the end of the month and will know more about where I stand then. I still have some nodules on my Thyroid and Lungs they are concerned about. I'm doing pretty good though and feel good most of the time except I don't have the energy I had before but I'm almost 73 so part of that is probably from getting older and my body has been through quite a battle this last year. Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern I really appreciate them.:)
I almost forgot about this thread until I came across it tonight and thought I would update it.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I thought I would update this thread for those that might be wondering how I was doing. Well I went in for the scans in August and the news wasn't good. The cancer has spread into both lungs and the doctor said I had about six months left. That was almost two months ago and I'm still about the same. I am a Christian and believe in Divine healing so I believe God will heal me and that "I shall not die but I shall live to declare the mighty works of God"! It is all in Gods hands so I will be content in whatever the outcome is. My birthday is Friday and I will be 73 so I have had a good long life much longer than most of my friends I grew up with. The hardest part of this whole ordeal was telling my children and grandchildren the doctors prognosis but the Lord is helping them as well. They have put me on Hospice Care but I plan on being around much longer than the timeframe they have given me. I will continue to post on here if there are any changes or every month or so anyway. I have a new grand daughter that is two months old and get to see her everyday. It is so awesome to watch her grow and learn everyday. She gave me a big smile today which made me very happy.:) My daughter has six children and I have been the main babysitter for the last five. I will be taking care of the new one at least 4 hrs a day when my daughter returns to teaching elementary school at the end of the month. It will be awesome to spend that much time with her everyday. So remember "This is the day the Lord has made rejoice and be glad in it"!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread