COVID-19 transmission through online/mailorder - How worried are you?

How worried are you about Covid-19 spreading through mail order packages?

• VERY WORRIED - I'm not ordering anything online at this point

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • SOMEWHAT WORRIED - I'm still ordering for now, but I take precautions with my packages

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • NOT WORRIED - I'll keep shopping online & I don't feel the need to take precautions with my packages

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Retailers have been sending out emails indicating how they're going about trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in/from their warehouses.

vape or otherwise, how concerned are you, a consumer, with the spread of Covid-19 corona virus through packages from internet orders (domestic of foreign)?

You'll be allowed to change your vote at any time as the situation progresses.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Only order from china still hasn't shipped

It will. But it's a bit tough right now. As much as some Chinese and US sources want us to think things are normal or almost normal in China, it really isn't. Manufacturers most likely still aren't operating anywhere near even 50% capacity as a whole and those that are pretty well back up to speed (if any) have a backlog to work against.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I just became worried within the last of days due to an internet article i read. A usps worker tested positive for the virus. Cause of my worry? Works at a distribution center in Wash state-- Federal way. Lots of vape package pass thru there. The old real flavors diy just changed their name....not location. ecigexpress that also just renamed but not moved location. So while most of the ecig vendors are taking extra steps to be safe they dont control the package after mailing it. Just what i am doing. Others need to decide for themselves.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Vapenw, the old real flavors diy just changed their name....not location.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but VapeNW is still named VapeNW and hasn't been located in Washington state for at least 2-3 years. They moved to NV about 2-3 years ago to evade the wrath of Washington's anti-vape stance, and now recently moved to KY when NV implemented a vape tax with a floor tax.

I have ordered several times from VapeNW in Dec and all orders shipped from NV. The last one I ordered in Feb was shipped from KY, after they moved.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Maybe I misunderstood your post, but VapeNW is still named VapeNW and hasn't been located in Washington state for at least 2-3 years. They moved to NV about 2-3 years ago to evade the wrath of Washington's anti-vape stance, and now recently moved to KY when NV implemented a vape tax with a floor tax.

I have ordered several times from VapeNW in Dec and all orders shipped from NV. The last one I ordered in Feb was shipped from KY, after they moved.
    Ok honestly didnt know they had
    moved since i have not ordered from them in years. Good to know. I will change my post and remove them.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    C19 detectable in aerosols for up to three hours,
    up to four hours on copper,
    up to 24 hours on cardboard and
    up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel

I get the mail & packages, cut them open,
    wash hands while belting out the chorus of NIN Closer,
    use knife to open packages and leave boxes where they sit for a couple of days

I'm more concerned with breathing other peoples air at the PO to ship outgoing

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm not worried by I work with grubby kids all day, some of whom I am QUITE sure have the virus. I still think I have already had it but in any case.... Packages are the least of my worries and that is BECAUSE I need to save my money for More Important things, as I have been reduced to 4 days. Not sure I'd be order either yeah due to mail service, China boats etc. Not now.

That's the thing about the "sorter person" though there are ZERO ways to tell IF that is how the person got it, honestly. It's ridiculous to sort of try and speculate. Get your packages with clean hands, wash the outside with hand sanitizer, then discard extra packaging and sanitize again.

It's not hard. So NO I am not worried but I also am not buying anything.

Anna

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    If and when I need to receive a package, because I am able to do It here in the country house, this is what I will do:

-unpack with gloves and masks and dispose of all unnecessary wraps and items placing them in an isolated closed container bag

-leave remaining items in a well vented place, dispersed between them for as long as I can until I need those items.

RichardV

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 26, 2012
    The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
    The packages I receive are sprayed with Lysol that has been approved for Covid use. Then the next day items are removed and packages/packing materials are disposed of. All of this occurs outside and the items are placed in a storage building for at least 2 weeks before I bring them inside.
    This may be overkill but I am 68 and my wife is 65 with health problems so I am taking no chances.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No point in worrying now, the genie is out of the bottle now so to speak and it's everywhere now.

So you think that no matter what we do we are all going to get the virus, therefore no need to take any precautions?

That's some serious futilist thinking there :eek:

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread