COVID-19 transmission through online/mailorder - How worried are you?

How worried are you about Covid-19 spreading through mail order packages?

• VERY WORRIED - I'm not ordering anything online at this point

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • SOMEWHAT WORRIED - I'm still ordering for now, but I take precautions with my packages

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • NOT WORRIED - I'll keep shopping online & I don't feel the need to take precautions with my packages

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Retailers have been sending out emails indicating how they're going about trying to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in/from their warehouses.

vape or otherwise, how concerned are you, a consumer, with the spread of Covid-19 corona virus through packages from internet orders (domestic of foreign)?

You'll be allowed to change your vote at any time as the situation progresses.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

RichardV

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 26, 2012
    The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
    The packages I receive are sprayed with Lysol that has been approved for Covid use. Then the next day items are removed and packages/packing materials are disposed of. All of this occurs outside and the items are placed in a storage building for at least 2 weeks before I bring them inside.
    This may be overkill but I am 68 and my wife is 65 with health problems so I am taking no chances.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    C19 detectable in aerosols for up to three hours,
    up to four hours on copper,
    up to 24 hours on cardboard and
    up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel

I get the mail & packages, cut them open,
    wash hands while belting out the chorus of NIN Closer,
    use knife to open packages and leave boxes where they sit for a couple of days

I'm more concerned with breathing other peoples air at the PO to ship outgoing

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    This thread was never meant to be a thread to debate anything, just a poll and an outlet to express how ECFers feel about ordering online during this situation. that's all.

But, I'm still waiting for those factual and "reliable sources" you seem to like to mention yet never divulge.

Oh, wait...

Yup, that's what I figured.
    Well, that was a scinitllating and enlightening debate on a source's veracity, methodology applied, and conclusions drawn, wasn't it? Sharing of factual info like that helps everyone.

Ciao.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    btw, @UncleJunkle - I appreciate the link. Was looking for info like this the other day, unloading delivered groceries with my wife. Was wondering about effect of cold/heat on the surfaces, etc. I'm gonna look this one over when I get a chance.

And didn't want you to think I was criticizing that portion of the "debate!" ;)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Only order from china still hasn't shipped

It will. But it's a bit tough right now. As much as some Chinese and US sources want us to think things are normal or almost normal in China, it really isn't. Manufacturers most likely still aren't operating anywhere near even 50% capacity as a whole and those that are pretty well back up to speed (if any) have a backlog to work against.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Maybe I misunderstood your post, but VapeNW is still named VapeNW and hasn't been located in Washington state for at least 2-3 years. They moved to NV about 2-3 years ago to evade the wrath of Washington's anti-vape stance, and now recently moved to KY when NV implemented a vape tax with a floor tax.

I have ordered several times from VapeNW in Dec and all orders shipped from NV. The last one I ordered in Feb was shipped from KY, after they moved.
    Ok honestly didnt know they had
    moved since i have not ordered from them in years. Good to know. I will change my post and remove them.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last edited:

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    If and when I need to receive a package, because I am able to do It here in the country house, this is what I will do:

-unpack with gloves and masks and dispose of all unnecessary wraps and items placing them in an isolated closed container bag

-leave remaining items in a well vented place, dispersed between them for as long as I can until I need those items.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um it IS pretty much up to fate now yes. The nice thing about this virus is that for many of us, it is so mild and puny it is like any other upper respiratory infection. I am pretty sure I had it already, I really am.

Those few "antibody" tests which have been done indicate a fair amount of the populace has no idea.

Also taking precautions NOW when the incubation period is what it is.... Well, if it makes you feel better you should go right ahead. But based on other models (AND the US is ahead a bit, but only time frame wise) most of the populace will get it. The good news is you sort of have to be SUPER frail elderly to DIE from it, although you might have a nastier time.

However, I THINK the CDC's deal or so they say is to LOWER the spread of the virus if possible by isolating everyone so hospitals aren't overwhelmed and more time does mean more treatment protocols tested etc. But there are some with promise.

I do what I'm told at work but I am FAIRLY certain the virus is TEEMING in my building. I do what I am told, but I'm pretty sure I already had it ,but if not, I will. So like, IDK. I mean....

Crud. My boss just told me we are all back up to full time on Monday. Crud. She wants to come and see me Monday "just to check in" and try to change everything probably. But, whatever if she needs to be her stars to be stars, well whatever.

I hate visits from my boss but there is plenty I can do anyway if I so desire, Etc.l
    Anna

But yeah, pretty much, the CDC is closing the economy, I mean barn, door long afterward. The spike and spread will be about the same, we are just lagging behind other countries etc.

Just my opinion as always.
    Anna

Reactions: Nermal

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    If you are worried don't touch it bare handed for three days, LOL. Com'on end the panic follow simple advise, social distancing, wash your hands often, keep your fingers out of your mouth, don't pick your nose, only put "your" elbow in your ear, don't rub your eyes and stay away from sick people. Follow these rules and your 98% protected.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I really don't think you will be 98% protected and I'm not sure where you got this figure? I'm not trying to be contentious, just generally interested.

Also, I'm not sanitizing my junk mail OR my packages. After opening and tossing what has been opened I would sanitize my hands THEN.

Oh well I guess we all have our ways. I seriously STIL think I got it I've been seeing the under fivers for going on 3 weeks now. Maybe I will come down with it soon.

I do the masky, hand glove wash thing too but I don't think anyone is 100% perfect at it. IDK.

Anna

Reactions: Nermal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread