Connecticut: Attempt to Add E-Cigarettes to "Smoking" Ban (SB 990)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
Thanks Frosting! Anyone in northeastern CT that wants a ride to the hearing let me know!

35834768.jpg

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
The Public Health Committee will hold a public hearing on Friday, March 15, 2013 at 10:30 A.M. in Room 1D of the LOB. The Committee is accepting electronic testimony via email at phc.testimony@cga.ct.gov [This address is included in the CTA comma delimited e-mail list]. Please submit electronic testimony no later than 5:00 P.M. on Thursday, March 14, 2013. If you are unable to submit electronic testimony, please submit 10 copies of written testimony no later than 8:30 A.M. on Friday, March 15, 2013 in Room 3000 of the LOB. Please submit separate testimony for each bill. Testimony submitted after the deadline will not be available until after the hearing. Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 9:00 A.M. in First Floor Atrium of the LOB. The first hour of the hearing is reserved for Legislators, Constitutional Officers, State Agency Heads and Chief Elected Municipal Officials. Speakers will be limited to three minutes of testimony. Bills will be heard in the order listed in the Bulletin. Unofficial sign-up sheets have no standing with the Committee.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Some good heads up above.

For other vapers who will be attending, I am curious if anyone is, or has already planned to include the clear-stream poster in their remarks? Reference : http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/CSA_Poster.pdf

I am considering attaching the poster to my testimony as a reference of points as to do with why I oppose the bill, it's lack of justification to be the same as smoking, etc. I don't want to over-lap points if anyone else is already planning on doing so, if you are please mention it

Update--- I'm finding 3 minutes too short for me to get in all the talking points I would like to say. I may still give a mention and nod to clear stream, but it will not be my focus. If anyone would like to make it their focus, please mention it here so I will take it out of my testimony and let someone else better explain it than I have time to.

So yup, if anyone is wondering, your limit is only 3 minutes to speak.

Last edited:

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
With all the crazy regulations going on, I don't want CT vapers to miss this news! Get ur buns to the capitol!!

Bump! Please attend even if you do not testify, your presence means something!

Anyone from northeastern ct or along the way let me know if you need a ride!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Hi Factor52
I just re-posted this video in Media and General News forum Link
as well as in the Campaigning forum Link

Everyone opposed to e-cigarettes should be Forced to watch this video
before they would be allowed to open their mouth 1 more time to lie about e-smoking.

Every "elected official" and every "board of health" ... should be Forced to watch this video
before voting on any e-cigarette restriction or ban !!

This video should be networked EVERYWHERE !!!!!!

Here is the direct YouTube link
Click Here

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
Hi Factor52

before they would be allowed to open their mouth 1 more time to lie about e-smoking.

Every "elected official" and every "board of health" ... should be Forced to watch this video

Click Here

Thanks Petrodus, I wasnt sure if it was something everyone had already seen, I feel the same about it.. Thanks for running with it..
:)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Thanks Petrodus, I wasnt sure if it was something everyone had already seen, I feel the same about it.. Thanks for running with it..
I'm dead serious !!!

Networking this video will be 100 times more effective
that just sharing one's personal testimony !!!!!!!!

Its only human nature to watch a video
and ignore emails and or simple text messages
on Facebook etc.

Last edited:

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Hi Factor52

Click Here
great video. can't wait for the movie.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Those who are attending the Connecticut hearing might want to take a few minutes to listen to this show about attending legislative hearings:

https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/anti-nanny-with-ravengrim-23

Unfortunately, there were a few technical difficulties so some of the content in the beginning and end was lost, but it's still an excellent listen.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Those who are attending the Connecticut hearing might want to take a few minutes to listen to this show about attending legislative hearings:

Unfortunately, there were a few technical difficulties so some of the content in the beginning and end was lost, but it's still an excellent listen.

I just listened to that and I have to say it gives really excellent advice about Dos and Don'ts of testifying. Thanks for posting it.

Eric A. Blair

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2011
Democratic Peoples Republic of NJ
Much like all controversial issues (gay marriage, abortion e.g.) this is a social engineering experiment to change cultural attitudes and acceptance. Big Phrma front groups and the STATE have invested millions of dollars on a denormalization campaign, with the expectation they would see billions in profit from NRT sales and taxes.

If it looks like smoking, authoritarians and central planners don't like to be mocked.

That's the bad news. The good news is that these stupid human pharma and grant junkie public ban tricks won't work on ecigs.

I vape in restaurants in NJ all the time. Just don't exhale the vapor.

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut

Well I was happy to see this posted in the thread. Saved me the trouble of figuring out a nice way of wording a little blurp today on the proper dress code for attending the hearing. There are some really great tips and insights on what to expect and how to prepare for the hearing. This is a must listen to show that would be helpful for any state or local public hearing.

Please attend if you can, even if just to show your support by being there. If you cannont attend see the links in earlier posts to email committee members. Addresses, parking and times info as well are posted earlier in this thread.

C U There! :rolleyes:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
For those who are interested, here is a copy of the letter CASAA submitted to the Joint Committee on Public Health on behalf of its Connecticut membership:

CASAA: CASAA Letter to Connecticut Joint Committee on Public Health

It sounds as if there's going to be an amazing turnout of vapers . . . for those of you on the fence, I'd strongly encourage you to attend if you can. There is simply nothing quite as empowering as attending a hearing. Even if you choose not to speak, your presence will in and of itself speak volumes.

We just had a big win in Utah, and there is absolutely no doubt that that win was the result of the hard work and dedication of Utah vapers. With less than 24 hours' notice, somewhere between 40 and 50 vapers managed to attend the Committee hearing. As we saw in Utah, and as we see time and time again, when local vapers fight for their rights, wins typically follow. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread