• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

CASAA CALL TO ACTION- For ALL CT + New England Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Posted: March 3rd 2013!

CASAA: Call to Action! Connecticut E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 990

Connecticut: Attempt to Add E-Cigarettes to "Smoking" Ban -- SB 990

This bill would:
Ban the use of e-cigarettes in any public place where smoking is prohibited.

Because Connecticut law bans "smoking" in any tobacco shop that has changed its size or opened since the end of 2002, e-cigarette usage would also be banned in brick & mortar e-cigarette stores stores across Connecticut.

SB 990 is currently awaiting a hearing in the Joint Committee on Public Health, which is comprised of members from both the Connecticut House of Representatives and Senate. If you are from the Connecticut area and think you could attend and testify at this hearing, please e-mail us at board@casaa.org.

Full text of SB 990
Legislative tracking for SB 990

I thought this was important to post in the CT/New England group.
We will need all the support we can get. This is liable to change vaping as we know it.

CASAA- The Consumer Advocates for a Smoke-Free Alternatives Association have issued a CALL TO ACTION for all Connecticut vapers and Connecticut vape shops. This bill will ban e-cigarette use in all public areas within Connecticut. We are the front lines in the battle against unfair regulation. Please help me in this, we are all our state has.

Here is a link to the CASAA Call To Action Page:
CASAA: Call to Action! Connecticut E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 990

If we sit back and let this happen, we effectively bow down to the government and allow them to strip our right to vape in public. We effectively sit back and say we don't care. E-cigarettes are JUST beginning to gain in popularity in recent years. They are saving lives and we cannot allow the government to nip us in the bud and throw us into a bureaucratic imposed obscurity.

Vapor disperses quickly and for the most part, does not produce foul odor or enter into other's personal spaces! It is often impossible to help someone make the switch to e-cigs in a shop without allowing them to try them FIRST! This government measure would effectively stunt the amount of smokers that make the switch & can stunt your business!

PLEASE send me a reply to let me know you got this and to let me know you stand with us! This is very important to vapers everywhere. CT banning e-cigs can easily set a precedent for other US states and can add to the fuel of the upcoming federal regulations in April.

PLEASE let me know you stand with us. It is important to contact the board members, your senators and congressmen. PLEASE read this link and contact the board members at the very least: CASAA: Call to Action! Connecticut E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 990

Thank you! I hope to hear from you all soon! We CAN prevent this![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread