Columbus, OH Store is now Open :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tat2dpinoy

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Columbus, OH
We're heading down to Cinnci to look at a few locations next week. So that should be coming sooner than later. Akron/Canton will be happening (hopefully) at the same time. Also you will probably notice a few new faces being added to the columbus store...starting tomorrow :p

Good to see vendors taking off in Ohio, we needed it! I'm there weekly and met a new Columbus staff yesterday, nice and helpful. Keep up the good work Altsmoke!

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I just checked out the shop today for the first time. The synapse has my neurons firing and I been vaping it pretty much all day. Hard to taste any other juice as this taste lingers for a while.. So just keep vaping it.. I spoke to him about the cincinnati B&M and it seems like they are planning on opening one up in the next few months. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sorry mate just had to quote you. Never thought anyone else in West Chester vaped. I usually get weird looks when I out and about here. Kinda nice to know another here in West Chester that vapes.

Even better a cinti smoke shop...

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Yes :p We've been frequenting the area quite a bit over the past few weeks. We have a spot picked out in Hyde Park. They're actually heading down to the Columbus store sometime next week to get a better understanding of what we do and see if we will 'fit in'. So if everything goes good, should have a lease before the end of the year, construction will start and hopefully open up in early January :)

We do have a few 'backup' spots if this one falls through, but the one above is our first choice :p So the answer is, sooner than later :p

-Rob

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes :p We've been frequenting the area quite a bit over the past few weeks. We have a spot picked out in Hyde Park. They're actually heading down to the Columbus store sometime next week to get a better understanding of what we do and see if we will 'fit in'. So if everything goes good, should have a lease before the end of the year, construction will start and hopefully open up in early January :)

We do have a few 'backup' spots if this one falls through, but the one above is our first choice :p So the answer is, sooner than later :p

-Rob
:toast: Wow! That is totally awesome. I have a few co-workers that are interested in possibly starting vaping but they are the types that are wary of buying anything online, preferring to see and buy stuff in a more hands-on fashion, which I can understand.

When I first became interested in vaping, I looked around at what was available hands-on locally: Mystic at Walmart, Blu at Walgreens, and Cig2O at a tobacco shop was all that was down here, and after researching those brands decided to go with your friends from Smokeless Image, and shortly thereafter got my Silver Bullet and BB.

I hear there are a couple of vendors at the flea market north of Cincinnati (Turtle Creek?), but I haven't ventured up to see what they have available. So you won't have much competition down here as far as brick-and-mortar vape shops. Hyde Park would probably be a nice location. Conservative yet trendy neighborhood with a thriving business district, and centrally located for the entire metro area.

Can't wait until you are up and running. Good luck. Hope your plans include a vape bar of sorts where local vapors can come hang out and make vape. :vapor:

I'll probably be a regular. :headbang:

Last edited:

mwdenko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Ohio
Stopped by from Akron today... In Columbus on business. Love the shop knowlegeable staff.

Set me up with a Smok V-max. I love it. I was also introduced to dripping there. I was surprised at the vapor that it produces as well as the taste! I can't wait until a shop opens in Akron. Looks like you have a new customer! Everytime I'm in town I'll be stopping in. (until the shop in Akron opens) :)

Thanks!
Matthew.

gilpdawg

Apr 15, 2012
New Paris
I'm going to stop in Saturday. I've got a friend interested in vaping and what better way to get someone started then checking out different juices and devices in the flesh, and not getting a Walgreens special and being turned off of the whole experience. Coming from the other side of Dayton so looking forward to the proposed Cincy store.

TxTunesLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My sister got me into vaping 4 months ago, she has completely stopped vaping, and i piffed her some of my stuff because she wanted to get back into it. And since I had found this a few weeks ago, this thread..I now can recommend she go on up to the store since she is in newark its not to far and when I come home we can come up as well together, told her I wanted to get some more ce3's from alt's cuz i love them too as the nano's for juice trying instead of atty's ..hope to see u guys in the coming months (gotta check air fares lol)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Stopped in the Columbus store today (drove from Amelia,) had a wonderful experience and can't wait for the Cincy store to open, I'm sure I'll be a regular there. Thanks for everything you guys are doing.

Any info concerning the Cincy store? Has a location be secured and if so when it is expected to open it's doors?

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Welp it will not be in Hyde Park. We have several places that we're deciding upon. Should have more information for you on Wednesday, and maybe even an address. Sorry for the delay, we had our hearts set on a few different spots and basically were told 'no' on quite a few of these spots. But things are definitely looking up :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welp, if you know where Jungle Jim's is in EastGate we will be going in around that area. I've never heard of Jungle Jim's but guess it's suppose to be considered a decent landmark in that area of Cincinnati according to the real estate agent. :p
Not real familiar with that side of town, I live on the West Side. Eastgate is not the trendy area like Hyde Park would have been, and not centrally located. Glad to hear plans are moving positively forward, though.

How is the store going to be staffed? I might need another job soon. :unsure:

Last edited:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Ya sadly the spots that we wanted to go were not too keen on the establishment we wanted to put in there. We settled on the East Gate as the area itself seems to be more of retail oriented and directly off of at least 275 there. We went with this choice with the intentions of putting one on the west side later this year :p And in Columbus, OH we're also looking for another place on the NW side of things.

The nice thing about this spot is that it's the Shopping Area for the East Side with Jungle Jim's pulling over 100K people a week to it. So we're hoping this location will attract a lot of ecig users from the area. The retail spot will be our biggest storefront at 2,300 sqft so you know we're going to put a nice size lounge in it. We're going to be doing a different layout than the Columbus store and very excited :p

As we get closer to opening we'll be doing interviews for sure. We're planning on starting with quite a few new faces as I'm sure no one from Columbus will want to make that 2 hour drive. We already know who is running the store and we're excited to have the person. We'll of course post here when interviews will be happening :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread