Columbus, OH Store is now Open :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ya sadly the spots that we wanted to go were not too keen on the establishment we wanted to put in there.
Disappointing, yet not surprising to hear. :(

Cincinnati being the conservative community that it thinks it is, the local business association (I'm guessing here) probably ignorantly see's the e-cig market as not too different than a "head shop" or tatoo parlor. There's only one head shop still left in Greater Cincinnati (near University of Cincinnati), and it has not had the best public reputation over the years. So to local business leaders, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Last edited:

MxChino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
Mansfield, Ohio
I've been to the columbus, ohio store twice now. The level of service has been fantastic both times! I drive about an hour from Mansfield to get there and most recently came down this past Thursday. The guys helped set me up with a Zmax and a whole bunch of accessories. Although I spent way to much it was worth it! Thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welp, if you know where Jungle Jim's is in EastGate we will be going in around that area. I've never heard of Jungle Jim's but guess it's suppose to be considered a decent landmark in that area of Cincinnati according to the real estate agent. :p
Link to Jungle Jim's on the east side of Cincinnati: Jungle Jim's International Market

Jungle Jim's is well known to Greater Cincinnati area residents. If it has anything to do with food or food products, they have it. Largest wine and beer selection in the tri-state, international food offerings, cooking classes and demo's.

The area between the parking lot and the store has large jungle animals like elephants and palm trees to set the atmosphere for the little ones, and there are talking animated-animals inside the store. Your first visit likely would take 2-4 hours to be able to take in all the stuff to see. Definitely worth planning to spend a morning or afternoon for a visit. Cool place. :headbang:

Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Jungle+Jim's+Eastgate+Suite+250,+4450+Eastgate+South+Drive,&hl=en&ll=39.093831,-84.273891&spn=0.019485,0.038581&sll=39.155622,-84.326935&sspn=0.311481,0.617294&hq=Jungle+Jim's+Eastgate+Suite+250,+4450+Eastgate+South+Drive,&t=m&z=15

For people that might be visiting from out of town (ie Reds' or Bengals' games), fastest access would be to hop onto I-471 (east of both stadiums) crossing over the Ohio River on the "Big Mac Bridge" (golden arches) into Kentucky. You soon come across an exit to I-275 East which you take and follow over the river again into Ohio. Eastgate is another 5 minute drive at that point. Since I don't have an address yet, I don't know the exact exit to take yet. The whole trip from downtown to Eastgate should not take longer than 15 minutes.

Last edited:

CincyDawg

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southwest Ohio
Ya sadly the spots that we wanted to go were not too keen on the establishment we wanted to put in there. We settled on the East Gate as the area itself seems to be more of retail oriented and directly off of at least 275 there. We went with this choice with the intentions of putting one on the west side later this year :p And in Columbus, OH we're also looking for another place on the NW side of things.

The nice thing about this spot is that it's the Shopping Area for the East Side with Jungle Jim's pulling over 100K people a week to it. So we're hoping this location will attract a lot of ecig users from the area. The retail spot will be our biggest storefront at 2,300 sqft so you know we're going to put a nice size lounge in it. We're going to be doing a different layout than the Columbus store and very excited :p

As we get closer to opening we'll be doing interviews for sure. We're planning on starting with quite a few new faces as I'm sure no one from Columbus will want to make that 2 hour drive. We already know who is running the store and we're excited to have the person. We'll of course post here when interviews will be happening :)

Any word on when the Eastgate store will be opening?

Artifex75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chillicothe Oh
I just made the hour and twenty minute trek from Chillicothe to the Columbus store last week and it was totally worth it. It was the first time that I've had the opportunity to be around other vapers. Chilli isn't big on anything more complicated than Blu cigs and that manner of thing. We have one smoke shop that sells a few eGo batteries and one type of clearo!

So, I walk in and the place is packed, but the staff treated us like long lost friends. A few were geeking out over the pipe to epipe conversion that I had just finished. I have never in my life (this is not an exaggeration) experienced such great customer service. There was absolutely no pressure for sales. You get the impression that these people love what they do so much, they've got PG in their veins. The juice selection is excellent and one red headed fellow even managed to find one that my wife likes, which I had so far failed to do.

There was a guy there that specializes in rebuilding coils and wicks, but I cannot remember his name. I'm horrible with names and I hate that I can't remember his... I believe he is only there on weekends. He taught me how to rebuild my attys and it has changed my life. I had a few crap attys from the smoke shop down here that have come alive with a low ohm coil. Please tell me this guy's name!

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
There was a guy there that specializes in rebuilding coils and wicks, but I cannot remember his name. I'm horrible with names and I hate that I can't remember his... I believe he is only there on weekends. He taught me how to rebuild my attys and it has changed my life. I had a few crap attys from the smoke shop down here that have come alive with a low ohm coil. Please tell me this guy's name!

His name is Ken :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread