Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I know it's still three months away, but for some, that could be considered short-notice.

But, are any REOnauts going to VapeBash this year?
Friday April 11th and Saturday April 12th.

I went one day last year, and it was a great time. Tons of vendors, lots of freebies, raffles, everything sold at a discount, and juice out the wazzoo! (This was before I began DIYing my own).
I'm lucky enough to live less than 40 minutes from the convention, but they have a pretty decent room rate (listed on the site).

The reason I'm posting here as opposed to somewhere like the General forum is that I'd love to meet as many of you wonderful people in person as I can. Even if it's just to say, "Hey! You're awesome. Nice to meet you! ...Okay, bye!" :D
Whereas I don't want to meet every single ECFer that would see it over there haha.

So, yeah, anyone planning on going this year? :)

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
I just saw on WGN last night... That all indoor vaping/ecig related stuff will be banned within the next 30 days. If you can't smoke a real cig in said venue, then you can't vape there either. How will this affect the convention?

Heated tent??? Big Heated tent... people from Chicago, if this is true... make sure you contact the guard/reserve units, and the convention team... big tent, or tents can be set up in a day or two... heck me n 7 other people made a giant tent appear and disappear monday, on a paved surface...

I did not enjoy being inside the tent when it was up... but it was all good...

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Isn't VapeBash in the village of Rosemont? Can Rahm send storm troopers in riot gear there?

Yeah Vapebash is just outside the city in the suburb of Rosemont. If your flying in to Ohare, your basically right there.

No worries.

The downfall of the usage ban is if you were planning on visiting the city, but even so I believe people will keep on vaping indoors regardless, just more discretely. In bars I really can't see it being enforced at all; it'd be up to the bartender or a fanatic patron to speak up... not gonna happen.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
JUST the city of Chicago itself...for now. (Well, Evanston too, but that was a few months back).

But, as stated, the new ban won't affect VapeBash at all. :D
That's good news for you Chicago folks. We are having our big convention in downtown Tampa in February. Hopefully Bob Jerkhorn doesnt follow suit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread