Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
DC, they are pissing up a flag pole.

Just because you can't exhale a cloud of vapor at a diner doesn't mean you can't vape at a diner.

This is true for existing vapers, who may be more confident and knowledgeable, however current smokers (who know nothing about e-cigarettes and aren't necessarily looking to quit smoking) may hear "You can't use these where smoking is banned, so you are still stuck outside in the cold" and think "Why bother then?"

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
I am the Vaping Extremist | Ecig Advanced News

We went to the Kentucky center for smoke-free policy meeting today. My wife blogged about our experience.

Wow! "Paranoia will destroy ya!"

Agree with some of the posts on the blog. These people (the Kentucky Center for Smoke-Free Policy) should be outed for the raving lunatics they are. Guards? Really ... shame on them.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
What did hahn mean by the statement "In Ky. it's useless to discuss smokeless tobacco products?" Useless as in their mind is already made up and to hell with the science? Or useless in that they know they will get well deserved push back from vapors that are evidently more savvy in finding the current research out there than she is?

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
What did hahn mean by the statement "In Ky. it's useless to discuss smokeless tobacco products?" Useless as in their mind is already made up and to hell with the science? Or useless in that they know they will get well deserved push back from vapors that are evidently more savvy in finding the current research out there than she is?

It's useless in as much as they are operating from a Prohibitionist perspective. THR in their mind is not a goal at least at the leadership level. That being said, many of the local health department attendees (rank and file members) were more open to it because their goal truly is public health. THR has the potential to improve general overall public health, but they didn't know much about it except what they have been spoon fed by Hahn et al. So they were more open to learning about it and talking with us.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
And thus should qualify for government subsidies.

You would think. However with the weight of the pharmaceutical and tobacco companies (campaign dollars) being thrown around, skiing will be a favorite pastime in Hades before we see that happen.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's useless in as much as they are operating from a Prohibitionist perspective. THR in their mind is not a goal at least at the leadership level. That being said, many of the local health department attendees (rank and file members) were more open to it because their goal truly is public health. THR has the potential to improve general overall public health, but they didn't know much about it except what they have been spoon fed by Hahn et al. So they were more open to learning about it and talking with us.
Did Ellen Hahn (or anyone else) have the option to not allow you to attend?
Or was this open to the public?

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Did Ellen Hahn (or anyone else) have the option to not allow you to attend?
Or was this open to the public?

It was a private event that you had to pre register for. She could have not allowed us in, and would have been well within her rights to do so.

Honestly, I think she was secretly hoping we would show our asses so she could have the little victory of showing us the door.

Well that's not how it went down, we got to show them that you can oppose them passionately and still maintain civility and professionalism.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Honestly, I think she was secretly hoping we would show our asses so she could have the little victory of showing us the door.
I'd say you're probably 100% right about that.

I'm sure she's received some extremely negative feedback from many vapers.
Probably to the point where she figured we were mostly a bunch of drug-addled raving lunatics.

Well that's not how it went down, we got to show them that you can oppose them passionately and still maintain civility and professionalism.
Yeah, two things I've never been really good at when I get extremely angry.
And that woman is definitely one that makes me extremely angry.

GREAT JOB you guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread