Status
Not open for further replies.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I'm excited to join another group here on ECF. I got impatient waiting for the VV REO to be released and I found a deal in the classies I couldn't pass up.

I am getting the Buzz Pro 510 connection. I have some Boge 2.0ohm cartos already. I read in another thread that the recommendation is 2.5ohms. My Boges will be ok though, right? (edit) After reading other posts I forgot to mention mine are stainless steel...I ultimately want to throw a tank on it. I've been looking at the Phiniac tanks but they are a little out of my budget. Is there something more affordable I can use that won't react with all my juices?

I will also need to punch a hole in the my Boges, right? I found a thread that talks about the little tool you can get from the hardware store. Where do I punch the hole? I also read something about a tool to help fill the tanks...
New Extra Long Tank Filler Do I need this or do I need to get a syringe? I don't want any leakage.

As far as voltage goes, what is a safe range to stay in for the Buzz Pro?

That's all I can think of at this minute. Sorry for the novel. :D

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
2 ohm will work fine, just slightly shorter run time for a given power.

On the cartos, you need bare stainless steel -- if they have a plastic covering that has to be removed.

I've been very happy with the notcigs M1A1 tank. It's not the standard polycarbonate, but some liquids I believe can make it crack. my4jewels is the resident expert in that area (she keeps a list of things that crack tanks, and specifically tried an M1A1 I believe).

For non-cracking tanks, if you like a liquid that's on the not-good-in-tanks list, stainless, pyrex, or polypropylene (syringe plastic, translucent not transparent). Smoktech at least makes a polypropylene in DCT (extra long) size. I picked up a 5 pack on a PIF coop, cut one down for standard length cartos, works fine best I can tell (I sent it to someone to use).

For punching holes, a saddle valve works, though personally I prefer my own carto punch:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/272989-diy-carto-punch.html

Holes are user choice. I vape a pretty thin eliquid, use the punch above, put in two holes. My cartos have dense filler -- if they were looser perhaps I would only use one hole. Holes should be placed so that when the carto is inserted in the tank the holes are just above the bottom cap. practice on an old carto or two, you'll get the hang of it pretty fast :)

Filling a tank I don't use a syringe. I "top fill". Gently pull the carto by the connector end, until the top of the carto is below the top cap on the tank. Hold the tank at an angle, squirt eliquid in the small gap between the carto and the tank wall. It's pretty fast.

When putting a carto into a tank, make sure the orings on the tank are wet -- eliquid works fine -- and use a twisting motion, like screwing in a light bulb. This makes it easier to clear the orings in the tank.

On first fill of a new carto, prime the carto -- put some eliquid in the top, let it soak a bit before using.

With 2 ohm you can take it all the way to maximum voltage (past the red marking) if you want, though that would be quite hot. Safe is to start at lower voltage, near green, gradually rotate the dial until you get what you like for warmth/flavor.

Last edited:

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
2 ohm will work fine, just slightly shorter run time for a given power.

On the cartos, you need bare stainless steel -- if they have a plastic covering that has to be removed.

I've been very happy with the notcigs M1A1 tank. It's not the standard polycarbonate, but some liquids I believe can make it crack. my4jewels is the resident expert in that area (she keeps a list of things that crack tanks, and specifically tried an M1A1 I believe).

For non-cracking tanks, if you like a liquid that's on the not-good-in-tanks list, stainless, pyrex, or polypropylene (syringe plastic, translucent not transparent). Smoktech at least makes a polypropylene in DCT (extra long) size. I picked up a 5 pack on a PIF coop, cut one down for standard length cartos, works fine best I can tell (I sent it to someone to use).

For punching holes, a saddle valve works, though personally I prefer my own carto punch:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/272989-diy-carto-punch.html

Holes are user choice. I vape a pretty thin eliquid, use the punch above, put in two holes. My cartos have dense filler -- if they were looser perhaps I would only use one hole. Holes should be placed so that when the carto is inserted in the tank the holes are just above the bottom cap. practice on an old carto or two, you'll get the hang of it pretty fast :)

Filling a tank I don't use a syringe. I "top fill". Gently pull the tank by the connector end, until the top of the carto is below the top cap on the tank. Hold the tank at an angle, squirt eliquid in the small gap between the carto and the tank wall. It's pretty fast.

When putting a carto into a tank, make sure the orings on the tank are wet -- eliquid works fine -- and use a twisting motion, like screwing in a light bulb. This makes it easier to clear the orings in the tank.

On first fill of a new carto, prime the carto -- put some eliquid in the top, let it soak a bit before using.

With 2 ohm you can take it all the way to maximum voltage (past the red marking) if you want, though that would be quite hot. Safe is to start at lower voltage, near green, gradually rotate the dial until you get what you like for warmth/flavor.

Thank you so much!!! :)

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
Congratulations, Keekers! You're gonna love the Buzz Pro! Mark covered it well...
I do wish I'd used his carto punch DIY instead of going the expensive route.

As far as carto ohms, and voltages in general - it's best used as Mike intended: "dial it to your perfect vape". I had a bunch of 2.0 boges and 1.7 smoktech ressurrectors laying around when I got the Buzz Pro, and it's working really well with those. I was initially shy about going to or past the red mark, but it's no problem! Mark's right about LR's getting hotter; in that regard it's a matter of personal preference. As far as battery life, I'm getting 24 hours vaping time at 2.0 ohms between 4.5 and 5.2 volts. Juice-wise, that's about 5mL for me.

Again, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your experience with the Buzzzzz Pro!

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Congratulations, Keekers! You're gonna love the Buzz Pro! Mark covered it well...
I do wish I'd used his carto punch DIY instead of going the expensive route.

As far as carto ohms, and voltages in general - it's best used as Mike intended: "dial it to your perfect vape". I had a bunch of 2.0 boges and 1.7 smoktech ressurrectors laying around when I got the Buzz Pro, and it's working really well with those. I was initially shy about going to or past the red mark, but it's no problem! Mark's right about LR's getting hotter; in that regard it's a matter of personal preference. As far as battery life, I'm getting 24 hours vaping time at 2.0 ohms between 4.5 and 5.2 volts. Juice-wise, that's about 5mL for me.

Again, congratulations! I can't wait to hear about your experience with the Buzzzzz Pro!

Eeks!!! I'm so excited!

I'm not sure I'll be able to do the DIY carto punch...I'm not very good at drilling and stuff like that. I'll probably just end up buying pre punched cartos so I don't have to punch. I can't believe the price of that one puncher at $40. It's probably worth the money if you punch a lot of cartos. Do you have the $40 one? I think it's stainless steel. I saw it on a bunch of websites. I definitely saw it on COV.

Do you use a tank? I won't do well with dripping.

This wil be my first VV experience :)
Thanks for the congrats my friend!

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
Eeks!!! I'm so excited!

I'm not sure I'll be able to do the DIY carto punch...I'm not very good at drilling and stuff like that. I'll probably just end up buying pre punched cartos so I don't have to punch. I can't believe the price of that one puncher at $40. It's probably worth the money if you punch a lot of cartos. Do you have the $40 one? I think it's stainless steel. I saw it on a bunch of websites. I definitely saw it on COV.

Do you use a tank? I won't do well with dripping.

This wil be my first VV experience :)
Thanks for the congrats my friend!

I did get the $40 one from COV. It's a solid block of aluminum. It's cake to use. Mark carto, slide into hole at end, turn handle until you hear a "pop", then two full turns. I've never had a bad punch, and the size of the hole has worked with even the thickest of juices (I mostly vape 100% VG). That said, I think Mark's DIY is freakin' ingenious! I would have tried it if I'd see it sooner. As for the tank, when I got the Buzz, I was on a CrAzY "if you can vape with it, I'm gonna buy it" binge. I got the sandblasted Phiniac with a tribal lion on it. Very happy with it. With a tank, my experience has been that the vapor seems thicker, the draw lighter, and the vapor cooler than a naked carto.

I don't do well with dripping either... I just got my first Cisco atty today, and I have to say... WOW! I've got to have that ALL THE TIME!!! The VV Reo or VVPV is going to have to happen at some point (I'm absorbing more nic from the side of my mod than from vaping LOL). I know that'll be the best of all worlds. I shall never forsake the Buzz though... So solid. Notcigs is awesome.

I am SO EXCITED for you!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Mine you don't use any power tools. You just need a little 1/8" Allen wrench from a dollar store to remove the set screw that comes with the hub, then use a standard cheap wrench to turn the hex head machine screw that punches the hole; I use a generic flat wrench, from a some-assembly-required exercise bike, works fine, this doesn't take any strength.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buzz pro with a carto tank is just a stellar all around performer, and takes a beating.

Vvpv with a good atty, i've got io6 on it, kicks it up for absolute purity of flavor, but I go back to the buzz pro when doing handyman chores around the house. Vvpv is also solid, but I'd feel bad pounding it the way I have the bp :)

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
Buzz pro with a carto tank is just a stellar all around performer, and takes a beating.

Vvpv with a good atty, i've got io6 on it, kicks it up for absolute purity of flavor, but I go back to the buzz pro when doing handyman chores around the house. Vvpv is also solid, but I'd feel bad pounding it the way I have the bp :)

Hey Mark, what's your personal opinion of the io6 vs HH357 vs cisco 306 in terms of performance? These critters seem to run in packs, and I've heard great things about all of them. Only personal experience is with the cisco 306.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Afraid I am not really atty knowledgeable. I've used io6 on vvpv, Cisco 306 on my bottom feeder, based on recommendations from some people who are really smart on them. They have both done really well.

HH357 gets a lot of praise, certainly, but I haven't been tempted to try it simply because what I do use works plenty good enough for me.

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I did get the $40 one from COV. It's a solid block of aluminum. It's cake to use. Mark carto, slide into hole at end, turn handle until you hear a "pop", then two full turns. I've never had a bad punch, and the size of the hole has worked with even the thickest of juices (I mostly vape 100% VG). That said, I think Mark's DIY is freakin' ingenious! I would have tried it if I'd see it sooner. As for the tank, when I got the Buzz, I was on a CrAzY "if you can vape with it, I'm gonna buy it" binge. I got the sandblasted Phiniac with a tribal lion on it. Very happy with it. With a tank, my experience has been that the vapor seems thicker, the draw lighter, and the vapor cooler than a naked carto.

I don't do well with dripping either... I just got my first Cisco atty today, and I have to say... WOW! I've got to have that ALL THE TIME!!! The VV Reo or VVPV is going to have to happen at some point (I'm absorbing more nic from the side of my mod than from vaping LOL). I know that'll be the best of all worlds. I shall never forsake the Buzz though... So solid. Notcigs is awesome.

I am SO EXCITED for you!
I love my Cisco attys. I was strictly cartos only but decided to give attys a try. The Cisco LR 1.5ohm and 1.8ohm are great and very user friendly.

I'm going to try the DIY method! Can't hurt. Thanks, I'm excited too! It was shipped yesterday so I better get moving!

Mine you don't use any power tools. You just need a little 1/8" Allen wrench from a dollar store to remove the set screw that comes with the hub, then use a standard cheap wrench to turn the hex head machine screw that punches the hole; I use a generic flat wrench, from a some-assembly-required exercise bike, works fine, this doesn't take any strength.
I'm going to try it :) I'll probably be PMing you though just to give you a heads up :)

HH357 gets a lot of praise, certainly, but I haven't been tempted to try it simply because what I do use works plenty good enough for me.
Ditto!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Probably. No magic to VV, it is just a power delivery device. Of course it could just be dirty atties :)

The cool thing about the notcigs products is how easy they are to adjust, you really just spin the dial until things taste good. For many liquids the sweet spot combination is in the 8 - 10W region, so 1.8 ohms start around green, 2.5 ohms start just below yellow, 3 ohms start between yellow and red (there are 3 paint dots on the notcigs PV wheel).

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
Probably. No magic to VV, it is just a power delivery device. Of course it could just be dirty atties :)

The cool thing about the notcigs products is how easy they are to adjust, you really just spin the dial until things taste good. For many liquids the sweet spot combination is in the 8 - 10W region, so 1.8 ohms start around green, 2.5 ohms start just below yellow, 3 ohms start between yellow and red (there are 3 paint dots on the notcigs PV wheel).

Thank you so much! That is very helpful!

The Buzz Pro came yesterday!!! Unfortunately I realized there isn't much point in trying it out without a tank as it will just burn up the attys and cartos trying to find the sweet spot. I hope the Phiniac site opens soon!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I used an Infinity, then a Buzz Pro, for 7 months with plain cartos before getting an M1A1 tank. You'll go through eliquid, need to top off more frequently, running at higher power, but it's absolutely worth firing that beastie up :)

I ended up just leaving the rubber mouth piece off of cartos, though a drip tip would also have been good to use, to simplify topping-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread