• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Better airflow on Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Generally speaking, if you are having a "draw" problem with an eGo it is due to a problem with the atty or cartomizer that you are using and not the battery itself. There of course can be exceptions.... the cone may fit too tightly around the OD of the atty/cartomizer that you are using, or the slots on the battery connector could be too shallow from the factory. But "too shallow slots" are pretty dern rare. I'd look into the cone, atty or cartomizer first.

ChrisKY

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Generally speaking, if you are having a "draw" problem with an eGo it is due to a problem with the atty or cartomizer that you are using and not the battery itself. There of course can be exceptions.... the cone may fit too tightly around the OD of the atty/cartomizer that you are using, or the slots on the battery connector could be too shallow from the factory. But "too shallow slots" are pretty dern rare. I'd look into the cone, atty or cartomizer first.

I should have been more clear on the setup... Tornado regular w/ 510 standard atty and cone. These are two hole atties and I have tried the 7 I have on all three batteries w/ & w/o cone. The draw is consistent, just harder than my V4L 808's.

I found a video that showed deepening the slots and enlarging the cart hole and was wondering if all that was necessary to improve (lighten) the draw or if the mega 510's or the cylinder style XL had a lighter draw.

This may just be me and what I am used to, not sure since i have always used a two piece rig.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Something that you can try... unscrew your atty to the point where it is JUST making electrical contact. That will usually open up a gap between the base of the atty and the battery connector, allowing more air in. If that "loosens" up your draw, then deepening the slots would work for you. If it doesn't loosed up the draw, then you'd need to open up the two small holes in the atty.

Personally.... I close up one of the holes in my LR atties with 5-minute epoxy. I like a "tighter" draw and it makes my bottom feeder work better.

ChrisKY

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Something that you can try... unscrew your atty to the point where it is JUST making electrical contact. That will usually open up a gap between the base of the atty and the battery connector, allowing more air in. If that "loosens" up your draw, then deepening the slots would work for you. If it doesn't loosed up the draw, then you'd need to open up the two small holes in the atty.

Personally.... I close up one of the holes in my LR atties with 5-minute epoxy. I like a "tighter" draw and it makes my bottom feeder work better.

Thanks... Will give that a try.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey Chris from Kentucky, welcome to the group :)

Scott has offered you the most solid advice to troubleshoot your woes. Coming from the 808 family with their known airy draws, I can see and sense your dilemma. For me I find the draw on the eGo just right, especially with the cone, but that is just my vaping style. Something to keep in mind, a less airy draw produces more vapour is less time as you are not sucking in as much air.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Something that you can try... unscrew your atty to the point where it is JUST making electrical contact. That will usually open up a gap between the base of the atty and the battery connector, allowing more air in.

Well I'll be darned! Not that I was having any particular airflow problems, but reading your post made me mindful that I occasionally part my lips when vaping to allow more airflow. Your advice prompted me to remove the cone and loosen the atty a tad. What a difference! (Had no idea there were airholes in the atty.)

Now I can stop vaping like a fish out of water gasping for breath.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread