Increasing airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
I asked this question last year and I never really got an answer. Now I am back to see if someone else has a solution.

I have a SS GGTS that I use regularly and cleaned once every week or two. Full strip down, contacts springs, airholes, the works.

I have had several instances where the draw on many brands (mainly VK LR Joye) 510 atty was to stiff while inside the collector tank.

My only remedy was to take the collector tank off to get the airflow to improve. In all honestly the airflow was so bad that it affected flavor of the vape.

Since then I got a Stealth Cap and have been using that for 510s, RBAs and a recent aquisition of a V2 Odysseus. This set up vapes great with no restriction in airflow.

Now of course I have a GGTS/Odysseus Base ON PREORDER and want to know if anyone has modified the collector tank to allow more airflow so that I will know what I need to do incase I experience the same restriction issue with the GGTS/Odysseus setup.

I was inspired to ask this question after watching the Ikarus video and saw that the air control option for 510 adapter had one long hole versus the 4 little holes that the collector tank currently comes with.

I have thought of taking it to a machine shop to replicate the large single hole and allow more airflow but, frankly it scares me to do this as CoV does not have a replacement the last time I checked and with my luck the worst could happen.

Once again I would like to clarify that the airflow is being impeeded by MY collector tank on 510 attys and it is not clogged any where. I have not tried it on the Odysseus yet as I am waiting on the base to come.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
First there should be no problem with air control. You have enough to airway to inhale. two things to look out for since you mention your using joy, vk etc. look at the holes at the bottom of the 510 and see when you putting it on if its getting sealed in chamber or if its exposed. Also the fir pin under that there are 4 holes and need to be made sure its cleared by blowing into the 510 connector. make sure all liquid that may come out or if there is dried gunk cleaned. to do this you may want to watch my video when i replaced the orings inside it will show you how to dismantle that.
GOLDEN GREEK GGTS Battery Plunger Oring Replacement. - YouTube

My personal opinion i would make any more holes on collector tank. I vape at insainly high heat at times and i get a wave of air flow with no problem on my two ggts devices. Its just may need to be taken apart and wash out that pin and re apply the orings and blow inside that opening get all excess hot water out from wash then try it again.

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
First there should be no problem with air control. You have enough to airway to inhale. two things to look out for since you mention your using joy, vk etc. look at the holes at the bottom of the 510 and see when you putting it on if its getting sealed in chamber or if its exposed. Also the fir pin under that there are 4 holes and need to be made sure its cleared by blowing into the 510 connector. make sure all liquid that may come out or if there is dried gunk cleaned. to do this you may want to watch my video when i replaced the orings inside it will show you how to dismantle that.
GOLDEN GREEK GGTS Battery Plunger Oring Replacement. - YouTube

My personal opinion i would make any more holes on collector tank. I vape at insainly high heat at times and i get a wave of air flow with no problem on my two ggts devices. Its just may need to be taken apart and wash out that pin and re apply the orings and blow inside that opening get all excess hot water out from wash then try it again.

Thank you for the time you tool to write all of this out, I did explain that this unit is cleaned regualrly. Also in the thread i posted over a year ago i explained that I cleaned it regualrly as well. But thanks for typing all of that out maybe it will help someone else.

If I can take the collector tank off and use the atty on the CT base it vapes well and I can take the same atty on put it on a stealth cap and it vapes well both with no restriction in airflow then this only leaves the CT airholes. So by standard reasoning and simple deduction we can conclude that is the problem correct?

Imeo has given me the dimensions of the single hole and that may be the answer, maybe the machining was a little smaller on this CT than the others? I know I did not have an airflow issue on the other GGTSs I owned just his one.

I to can vape at high temps and wattages but i do not have all the GG gear you have in your videos I have to make a coil that is 1/2Ohm or less and use 1 18650IMR and then I am pulling 8A or so for about 30 minutes till the battery is hot and flat. I do not recommend this as it is insane but then again you were basically vaping with two car batteries worth of voltage so I guess we are both on two different ends of the nutso spectrum. LOL

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
I agree with Bish....as a carpenter.. I know that holes are permanent.

Thats what wood filler and putty are for...LOL. :D

but seriously i know all too well what you mean especially when some one says gimme a blade width off this and he does not realize that my blade has a 1/8 kerf and not a 1/16th kerf.

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
If you try my setups pens and odys im sure you will get enough air flow that i only open a quarter turn is enough for both the air flow and juice control for beauty chain pulls at.7 duals Ohms.

If u were at vaporcon this weekend you would of been able to see it in action. maybe on next meet if its close we can meet.

Papa Hoyt

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Georgia
you can make a slot at a machine shop, like the new CTs have papa. And tell him to make the slot at 6mm in length and 1mm in width

So wait a minute............................ the new collector tanks will have this slot instead of the four holes?? or are you referring to the new ikarus adapter thing?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
all new CTs have a slot like the one you want to make papa. And what is Ikarus thing?
So wait a minute............................ the new collector tanks will have this slot instead of the four holes?? or are you referring to the new ikarus adapter thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread