Copper Tobh Atty (clone) modification ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twonnie

Jan 30, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I've seen a fair amount of modifications made to rda's and I think it's something I'd like to try. I've seen attys with only 3 air holes on each side drilled out to make one slot on each side (which is what I'd like to try) but I'm not sure how one would go about doing this. I've also seen the "variable airflow" lips at the top of the juice well on attys completely taken down to the rim (also would like to try) and although it is a very cheap and easily acquired clone, I wouldn't want to mess anything up and have to order a new one. The main thing Im aiming for with this atty is directly enhanced airflow to the coils. See I bought a wide bore chuff cap (which I hoped might improve airflow) but since the atty has limited airflow due to the three tiny air holes on each side, the air flow feels really tight and leaves much to be desired. I have access to the tools I might need and even know a few talented machinists who could do the work for me, but I'd like to have a little advice from anyone who has experience with this before I go ahead and start chopping up my atty :p

BOX MOD LYFE

Nov 27, 2014
georgia
Maybe use a dremel? I'm actually going to be doing about the same thing as you, but I will have to go use my dad's workshop. So I'm just going to follow what he thinks I should do. If you haven't fixed yours by then I'll let you know how I did it. Rda's with good airflow - CLT v2 plus, mutation x or cigreen x, stillare, darkhorse ( I'm not a fan of it), 454 big block.

Twonnie

Jan 30, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I was thinking some kind of saw and grinder, anyhow Good luck I hope everything works well for you! It might be a little while before I can get ahold of some tools so if you've done yours before then, let me know any kind of techniques you've found to be pretty effective.

I've also heard a lot about those rda's but I really just like the simple style of the tobh!

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Hey mate!

1. In terms of the side-slots you're thinking of cyclops holes, where you connect the existing holes. Obviously there are lots of ways to do this, but the easiest really will be with a solid dremel as mentioned by Phun. Since it's copper you could get by doing this with a drill over and over and then filing it down, but a dremel will be easiest.

2. The other mod you're talking about (filing down the standing air-control slots so coils can go straight out) is also easiest accomplished with a dremel and then finishing with a file.

For the materials you're working with (all copper, unless its just a copper cap) you'll have no issues with a $19 dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread