Bell’s palsy and vaping nic

GohnJohn

Mar 30, 2024
I keep reading that there is no link, but I got Bell’s palsy and thought it was merely from stress, which I was unusually stressed during that period, but I was also vaping a lot during that period and during that period I kept getting this irritation/rash on my neck, I didn’t think much of it, after I had gotten Bell’s palsy and revovered I had stopped vaping, this was about 5 years ago give or take, I recently tried to start vaping again, I don’t even hit it more then like 3 or 4 times in a day, trying to cut down from cigarettes, after about a week I began getting the irritation on my neck again, it’s itchy and irritated just like before, this time I look it up and it is now apparent that I am ALLERGIC To something in the vape, so if I am ALLERGIC and not to mention there apparently are metals in the vape also that could DAMAGE YOUR CENTRAL NERVES SYSTEM, it would make complete sense that there is actually a direct link to Bella palsy from vaping for people WHO ARE ALLERGIC because Bells Palsy has to do with the nerves as well as weakened immune system and vaping could weaken one’s immune system especially if they are allergic like I am, DO NOT VAPE IF YOU GOT BELLS PALSY

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
Among The Pugs
I keep reading that there is no link, but I got Bell’s palsy and thought it was merely from stress, which I was unusually stressed during that period, but I was also vaping a lot during that period and during that period I kept getting this irritation/rash on my neck, I didn’t think much of it, after I had gotten Bell’s palsy and revovered I had stopped vaping, this was about 5 years ago give or take, I recently tried to start vaping again, I don’t even hit it more then like 3 or 4 times in a day, trying to cut down from cigarettes, after about a week I began getting the irritation on my neck again, it’s itchy and irritated just like before, this time I look it up and it is now apparent that I am ALLERGIC To something in the vape, so if I am ALLERGIC and not to mention there apparently are metals in the vape also that could DAMAGE YOUR CENTRAL NERVES SYSTEM, it would make complete sense that there is actually a direct link to Bella palsy from vaping for people WHO ARE ALLERGIC because Bells Palsy has to do with the nerves as well as weakened immune system and vaping could weaken one’s immune system especially if they are allergic like I am, DO NOT VAPE IF YOU GOT BELLS PALSY
Sorry you are experiencing what you are. Are you a doctor?

Have you seen a doctor to back the statement, you claim as the cause of your symptoms?

We are not alike.

A sensible suggestion would be that you see a doctor.

Have a nice day.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    5UCO3LQ.jpg

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

See a doctor, your stated symptoms don't match.

Yes, you may be allergic to something in the juice. Some are allergic to PG, some to VG. Or maybe something in the flavoring. Not the nic, since you claim no issues smoking.

Metal in vape? Not unless you're cranking 200 watts with no liquid, and you'll fry the wick first. Nasty, you'll know.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Hi and welcome,
    Just to confirm: correlation = causation

Got it!

Cheers
    I
    You may have meant “correlation != causation”. “!=“ is a term from C programming used bescause there is no “≠” key

I’ve got primary tremor which is not totally dissimilar but vastly more mild. Though more-or-less incurable. I understand the issue is there are literally thousands of chemicals in cigarettes, and which one may help may or may not be nicotine. One thing people smoke for, for example is weight loss. Vapes do not help with weight loss. More the reverse, actually, because VG has a lot in common with karo syrup. PG sensitivities are not uncommon. Also, like 1/3 of humans are allergic to nickel.

Another palsy type thing is tardive diskenesia which is progressive, truly awful in its more severe forms, and is caused by some neurological drugs. I concur with the above “see a doctor” advice previously given.

Last edited:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I just love it when new people come here and start spouting off "medical knowledge" like this. It's so educational, I would have never known, that vaping can cause Bell's Palsy. I'll have to watch out for that now. It's been brought to attention here once before that vaping can cause teeth to turn into rubber. So, I learn new stuff here all the time.

Real-ist

Jan 25, 2024
    Among The Pugs
    I just love it when new people come here and start spouting off "medical knowledge" like this. It's so educational, I would have never known, that vaping can cause Bell's Palsy. I'll have to watch out for that now. It's been brought to attention here once before that vaping can cause teeth to turn into rubber. So, I learn new stuff here all the time.
    Anti's and their "scare" tactics.

Reactions: no|ah

no|ah

Dec 11, 2023
    Connecticut, USA
    Bull.

I started vaping while recovering from Bell's Palsy. Aside from some residual twitchiness on that side of my face, I'm fine.

So could I say that vaping cures Bells Palsy? Of course not, because drawing outrageous half-baked conclusions with zero supporting evidence is ridiculous...

If you don't feel well, go to the doctor.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Wait…. He’s blaming it ON vaping? Thats assinine. I thought he was doing it to slow progression… which won’t work either, but blaming that is just dumb. Bell’s palsy is a symptom of some very bad things. He should find out what immediately. Maybe he is hoping to not have one of those very bad things and is grasping at straws or something.

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Vaping, like any other form of substance consumption, can cause negative reactions in some people, especially if they have allergies or sensitivities to certain ingredients. Additionally, the presence of metals or other substances in vaping liquids may be a health concern.
    ..if they actually existed.. you’ll notice that the whole ad campaign about metals in vapes is gone. There’s a reason for that:

it wasn’t true in the first place.

They did more harm than good with “reefermadness” crud like that. The problem with a lot of vaping studies is they’re done by the tobacco companies and are “cooked” to show what the tobacco companies want to show. One has to be very very careful with sources. Also watching the film “the insider” can be useful as in the beginning it actually shows this process at work. The research has been done—as early as the 60’s sometimes. The issue is the studies get to the preliminary report stage (which more or less says what the research is going to show ) and then get canned so they don’t have to be reported. Effectively secret research. Having done the research and knowing how it comes out it is possible to set up “real” studies with prerequisites set up in such a way as to create a misleading result. It’s been going on for many many years. The film actually shows it being done. This is how “metal particles” became a thing. If you heat a coil hot enough (way way hotter than it would ever go under normal use) metal starts to jump off the coil. The simple solution is don’t heat it that hot in the first place. You can’t really anyway unless you dry burn. All that had to be done though was require the high temps in the study, then hide the money trail… which they failed to do and got caught. So the ads went away. What you see now at least FTM is more truthful:

vapes can contain nicotine- true
    Nicotine is a hellishly addictive drug -true

There isn’t really any need to lie. I don’t know why they do it anyway.

Maybe because those bad things a ALSO true of cigarettes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread