Non-Smoker Interested in Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
Hello everyone. My name is Jessika. I'm 28 years old. I am new to the forum and Vape World. I've been doing research for a little while. Although I'm not a smoker, I am very very interested in vaping. I took a puff or two off a cigarette when I was really young. My cousin got one from that a relative was about to put out during the 4th of July to light firecrackers with. We snuck and took puffs off of it. That's my smoking story, if that even counts. LOL. I don't like cigarettes. The smell of them bothers me tremendously. I don't like being around people that smoke them because they make it hard for me to breathe and sometimes make my stomach hurt. They really bother my health. I do have a few health issues: Cerebral Palsy, Scoliosis, Asthma, Acid Reflux, just to name a few. Which is why I got my boyfriend to start vaping. It was working until he broke it. He has yet to get another. He's definitely going to have to though. I myself, would like to start vaping. I will definitely be using 0 nicotine juices. I'm only interested in the flavored vapor. I know people turn to other things that aren't as healthy to deal with stress. Some have been suggested to me. I'd rather go this route. I'd eventually like to learn some neat tricks as well.

I recently purchased a Rainbow Spinner 900mah, with a tank (I don't know what kind, along with 1 peach and 1 strawberry juice online. I paid $62. I just ordered them the other night, so I haven't received them.

2je5i7t.jpg

I'm wondering did I make a good decision as far as equipment and price? I would really appreciate any help and feedback.

Last edited:

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
My mom vapes 0nic. She loves it. She's all into the deserts, custards, pies, fruity stuff. She vapes with me all the time when I go over her house. I use 24nic though. She enjoys sitting down and just puffing away on her flavors. She says it relaxes her. She quit smoking 10-15 years ago. But when I quit smoking/chewing and went to vaping she took a hit off my Silver Bullet and was in love. Even though the hit was pretty harsh on her throat as she isn't used to the nicotine. I say do what you want, if it's something that helps stress or just wanna pick up a hobby I say go for it.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
General consensus is for non smokers to stay away from vaping as it does have some slight risks. Do suggest you help your boy friend replace his rig ASAP! My daughter just lost hers to lung cancer 10 days ago.

I definitely want to him to get a replacement, ASAP. Do you mind sharing the health risks? I had found any associated with 0 nicotine. Please share with me what you know. I'd really appreciate it. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Last edited:

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Don't let other people's opinions define you. Consider the unknowns about vaping, there are some, but we're learning more every day. Definitely don't smoke if you value even your short term health. As pretty much a non smoke who vapes, with nic, I can say I enjoy it and no health impact so far, and I am monitoring it closely. I won't say its a "good" habit, but there are far worse ones. I enjoy it, so I do it. Simple. YMMV.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
My mom vapes 0nic. She loves it. She's all into the deserts, custards, pies, fruity stuff. She vapes with me all the time when I go over her house. I use 24nic though. She enjoys sitting down and just puffing away on her flavors. She says it relaxes her. She quit smoking 10-15 years ago. But when I quit smoking/chewing and went to vaping she took a hit off my Silver Bullet and was in love. Even though the hit was pretty harsh on her throat as she isn't used to the nicotine. I say do what you want, if it's something that helps stress or just wanna pick up a hobby I say go for it.

I think that it's wonderful that vaping has helped you to quit smoking. I think it's even better that it's allowed you to have a fun hobby that allows to spend time with your mom. Smoking cigarettes can make it hard for smokers and non-smokers to always be around each other. I like the way your mom thinks with flavors. I plan to start of with fruity ones. Maybe even find some to help me stop drinking sodas again. Lol.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
Don't let other people's opinions define you. Consider the unknowns about vaping, there are some, but we're learning more every day. Definitely don't smoke if you value even your short term health. As pretty much a non smoke who vapes, with nic, I can say I enjoy it and no health impact so far, and I am monitoring it closely. I won't say its a "good" habit, but there are far worse ones. I enjoy it, so I do it. Simple. YMMV.

You're so right. I feel everyone has their vice(s). No one is perfect. I plan to definitely vape with 0 nicotine. One of the reasons I waited so is because I wanted to avoid that. Most people do seem to find it relaxing. It's the same as people having an alcoholic drink, cigarette, cigar, food, sex, whatever to relieve stress. None of those are completely safe. Especially if you over indulge. You just have to do what's best for you.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Hi Jessika, and welcome to ECF!

I definitely want to him to get a replacement, ASAP. Do you mind sharing the health risks? I had found any associated with 0 nicotine. Please share with me what you know. I'd really appreciate it. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

That's the ongoing debate... what, if any health risks from vaping.
It wasn't too long ago that many e-liquids contained Diacetyl which is generally safe for ingestion. It's the butter flavor in popcorn, it's used in the beer brewing industry, etc,and was used in many Bakery Flavored e-liquids to impart a custardy / buttery flavor.
Recently it was discovered that workers in the microwave popcorn plants were coming down with serious, irreversible and in some cases, fatal lung damage.

It appears it is dangerous when inhaled over long periods of time. :blink:

You don't have to look too far to read from many members here that are Propylene Glycol (PG) sensitive, and in some rare cases even allergic. Others get a condition known around here as "Heavy Lung" from Vegetable Glycerin (VG) rich juices.

It's not that there is concrete proof that vaping can be harmful but a lack of proof that vaping isn't harmful.

Seeing that you already have a pre-existing condition regarding your breathing, vaping just may not be "risk-free" in your case.

Health, Safety and Vaping

Corbs126

Dec 25, 2014
Michigan
I'm a little torn on non-smokers turning to vaping. It's a great thing, and has gotten me off analogs and even turned into a hobby, but seeing as there are unknown risks involved I don't know what to suggest hah. The flavors are great, vaping is great, but you've never had that vice so why start now? I suppose if it'll help your boyfriend stick with it then it might be worth it.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I'm a little torn on non-smokers turning to vaping.

Don't worry about it, I won't hold it against you. You've got no moral responsibility to be an apologist for those who smoked for the sake of appeasing the intolerant. The food industry is killing far more people than smoking ever has by a wide margin and has no moral qualms, yet McDonalds enjoys record profits and the sugar industry still sells a product that has been scientifically proven to have no nutritional value and high toxicity. Try 30 days of Big Macs versus 30 days of vaping and see how you feel after the Big Macs.

I'm just tired of seeing vapors getting sucked into being apologists for their choices. Its simply wrong. I'm intolerant of intolerance.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
Hi Jessika, and welcome to ECF!

That's the ongoing debate... what, if any health risks from vaping.
It wasn't too long ago that many e-liquids contained Diacetyl which is generally safe for ingestion. It's the butter flavor in popcorn, it's used in the beer brewing industry, etc,and was used in many Bakery Flavored e-liquids to impart a custardy / buttery flavor.
Recently it was discovered that workers in the microwave popcorn plants were coming down with serious, irreversible and in some cases, fatal lung damage.

It appears it is dangerous when inhaled over long periods of time. :blink:

You don't have to look too far to read from many members here that are Propylene Glycol (PG) sensitive, and in some rare cases even allergic. Others get a condition known around here as "Heavy Lung" from Vegetable Glycerin (VG) rich juices.

It's not that there is concrete proof that vaping can be harmful but a lack of proof that vaping isn't harmful.

Seeing that you already have a pre-existing condition regarding your breathing, vaping just may not be "risk-free" in your case.

Hi UnclePsyko. Thanks for welcoming me. I did hear about the Diacetyl and Propylene Glycol (PG) sensitivity. However, I did know about the risk associated with Vegatable Gylcerin. I thought it was safer. I use it from time to time, but is externally. Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely do more research. Even ask my doctor next time I see her. If it comes down to it, I'll gift my purchases to someone else. I still curious about the equipment I purchased. Did I overpay?

Last edited:

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
I'm a little torn on non-smokers turning to vaping. It's a great thing, and has gotten me off analogs and even turned into a hobby, but seeing as there are unknown risks involved I don't know what to suggest hah. The flavors are great, vaping is great, but you've never had that vice so why start now? I suppose if it'll help your boyfriend stick with it then it might be worth it.

I can understand you and other smokers being torn by non-smokers vaping. Especially if you saw it and started it as a means to stop smoking cigarettes. However, I'd think you'd also see the appeal for non-smokers. Especially when using 0 nicotine. There'so the tech, the flavors, the vapor, the tricks, and connection that non-smokers can finally have with smokers that kept them apart. You don't have to worry about all those extremely nasty chemicals that are in cigarettes, the smells, the second hand smoke, and it can be done in most places. I'm in no way saying its risk free, but it is much safer if you ask me. I do appreciate your concern and advice. You all are so very nice.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
So can anyone provide me with any insight or information as far as what I order online. I just ordered it the other night so I haven't gotten it yet. I purchased a Rainbow Spinner 900mah, with a tank (I don't know what kind, along with 1 peach and 1 strawberry juice online. I paid $62. I want to know if that's good equipment. Did I make a good decision? If I overpaid or not? Can anyone help me with that? This is basically what I will be getting in this picture:

2je5i7t.jpg

Last edited:

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
In short: you done good :)

To every adult or smoker that's interested in vaping, my 'advice' is always the same: try it!

If you like it, hooray: you've got something that brings you happiness! If you don't like it, hooray: you won't need to go through the minor annoyances and spending that vaping entails :)

I hope you enjoy yourself, and that you can get your boyfriend back on the wagon. Welcome to ECF!

ETA: that may be a smidge high in price, depending on the tank you ordered, but by no means outrageous, IMO. The spinner itself is probably in the 25-35 range, throw in a tank and some juice, and you're pretty much there, especially if it's a nicer tank.

Last edited:

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Don't let anyone tell you what to put in or out of your body. It's up to YOU. Vaping (in my own opinion, since I smoked and chewed tobacco for almost 4 decades). Can say that vaping has helped me ALOT more than hurt me. It got me off tobaccoo all together for 580+ days. I havn't felt a bad day as of yet since I have vaped. The pros and cons imop overwieght the fact that a non-smoker would like to enjoy some 0 nic flavors. I'm not gonna sit here and say "DON"T VAPE, we have no clue the risks" All I know is, it's saved my life.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Insensitive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread