Status
Not open for further replies.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
what battery and tube you using boss? on my provari mini w/18350 and a 3 ohm cart at 5v i'm getting at least 5 hours of chain vaping on it. Was thinking of getting a tube mod also, with an 18490 + kick so I can use my extra batts. When i use the 18490 on my prover, i get at least 10 hours of vaping from it. Anyone have experience with an 18490 and a kick?

haven't seen this thread in awhile....guys i gotta say that these numbers are skewed.....voltage is a type of pressure that makes the electricity go...amperage is the flow of electrons, not the rate.....so generally speaking, the higher voltage you run, the faster your battery will die....if you want better battery life....low resistance is the way to go

emong

Oct 12, 2012
Philippines
what battery and tube you using boss? on my provari mini w/18350 and a 3 ohm cart at 5v i'm getting at least 5 hours of chain vaping on it. Was thinking of getting a tube mod also, with an 18490 + kick so I can use my extra batts. When i use the 18490 on my prover, i get at least 10 hours of vaping from it. Anyone have experience with an 18490 and a kick?

Currently using a tube mod, Absolute, from a local modder here in PI. Was using it with Panasonic High Drain batts and averaging 9-12hrs, chainvaping 6 hours. Was eyeing the DNA12 for a box mod, had to abandon the plan as I don't have time to do it and opted for a kick on my tube mod.

On the highest setting, 10, I can chainvape for about 30mins-1 hr.. setting 9, about 1hr 30mins, setting 7-8, about 2-3 hrs. Did not try anything lower as vapor and taste are not to my liking, RA at 1.4ohms. Performance wise, the kick did perform as advertised, was loving the vapor and taste at setting 8 until the battery conks out, its quite a hassle to keep on changing/charging the batteries. It cuts out at 3.6v. I think the kick with a mod would be advisable as a backup/home PV rather than your main one. Unless you're willing to carry around a lot of 18500s.

Still thinking of letting the kick go or keep it in my mod as a home PV and buy myself a provari.

Using my mod now with the high drain batts...he.he..he...charging 'em 18490s...

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
haven't seen this thread in awhile....guys i gotta say that these numbers are skewed.....voltage is a type of pressure that makes the electricity go...amperage is the flow of electrons, not the rate.....so generally speaking, the higher voltage you run, the faster your battery will die....if you want better battery life....low resistance is the way to go

I don't think this is right. I could be wrong, but as I understand it, watts are the measure of energy consumed, varying the volts and resistance are just ways to achieve the same energy consumption.

At least in theory. There may be small differences in efficiency in context of an PV.

If I am wrong, could you point me to an authoritative source to explain this?

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
I don't think this is right. I could be wrong, but as I understand it, watts are the measure of energy consumed, varying the volts and resistance are just ways to achieve the same energy consumption.

At least in theory. There may be small differences in efficiency in context of an PV.

...I'm an engineer buddy...textbooks.

a general understanding can be had of electricity by comparing to water

volts= input/pressure
watts= output/power
amps= flow

if you use more volts, it pushes more amps...I challenge anyone on this forum to compare same mod/battery, one charge with a lr atty and another with hr...I guarantee running at higher voltage kills the battery faster

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
elmattias:7781478 said:

volts= input/pressure
watts= output/power
amps= flow

if you use more volts, it pushes more amps...I challenge anyone on this forum to compare same mod/battery, one charge with a lr atty and another with hr...I guarantee running at higher voltage kills the battery faster

OK - can you clarify how higher voltage can push more amps to achieve the same watt output?

That seems to be the opposite of my understanding of ohms law?

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
junkman:7781727 said:
elmattias:7781478 said:

volts= input/pressure
watts= output/power
amps= flow

OK - can you clarify how higher voltage can push more amps to achieve the same watt output?

That seems to be the opposite of my understanding of ohms law?

In fact, if what you claim is true, it would appear to violate ohms law as well as the law of conservation of energy?

There may be a reason that lower voltage battery use could result in longer use, but if so, it must be unrelated to ohms law.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
In fact, if what you claim is true, it would appear to violate ohms law as well as the law of conservation of energy?

There may be a reason that lower voltage battery use could result in longer use, but if so, it must be unrelated to ohms law.

simple: there is a load....the more resistant the load, the more electricity is SPENT to receive equal results, i connot remember the specific law off the top of my head to clarify it mathematically, but basically if you are pushing electricity at the same rate (voltage wise) to achieve the same results (wattage) against higher resistance...the flow (amperage) lowers, but it's mainly because more electricity is being spent to push past that load.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
Battery capacity is measured in Amp/Hours but for real world measurement the better measurement is watt/hours.
In the end, the number of watt/hours you expend is the determination of how fast you drain your batter. If you are calculating usage and capacity then you will be measuring Amps.

An AMP is approximately equal to one coulomb per second or 6.241 × 10^18 electrons. It doesn't matter what voltage (pressure) is used. If you run 100 volts down a line and use 1amp it is the same as running 200 volts and using 1 amp. In this scenario you have used the exact same number of electrons.

To see how such things are measured you have no further to go than the power meter mounted outside your house. The power company charges you on KiloWatt hours.

Last edited:

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Am getting crappy battery life out of my Kicked hex. I just get 3 hours vaping on 8.5 watts on a 2.6 ohm rba using 18490 AW imr and it starts stuttering. I transfer the battery to the Provari to check voltage and it still reads 3.5 volts. Kick just starts stuttering once battery hits 3.5volts on the 2 18490 batteries I have but still would be good for another 4 hours use on the Provari at 4.8 volts output setting. But I gotta admits it hits hard while it last and yes hits better than the provari but battery life is just so disappointing.

Cayetano

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Croatia
Am getting crappy battery life out of my Kicked hex. I just get 3 hours vaping on 8.5 watts on a 2.6 ohm rba using 18490 AW imr and it starts stuttering. I transfer the battery to the Provari to check voltage and it still reads 3.5 volts. Kick just starts stuttering once battery hits 3.5volts on the 2 18490 batteries I have but still would be good for another 4 hours use on the Provari at 4.8 volts output setting. But I gotta admits it hits hard while it last and yes hits better than the provari but battery life is just so disappointing.
well, to much is expected from kick.. with all the cheap VV/VW mods on the market today, the only REAL use (IMHO) of kick is to be able to vape on beautiful mechanical mod... personally I love the look of custom mechanical mods but I hate dropping of voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread