battery flashing low when its not quiet low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
hello was wondering if anybody has seen this before..just last night in the middle of the night it started flashing low battery.. normally a battery lasts me at least 2 days exactly and this had been put in on Friday afternoon (6ish pm maybe). so I removed the battery and put it back in and tested it and it was at 3.6 still so not sure why this happened as it has worked fine since with same battery (just 2 weeks ago I ordered my 3rd AW 2000 battery from Provapes and it is actually slightly different then the two batteries that came with my vari, the ones that came with it are the ones in the pic on the pro website but this one is just slightly smaller(very slightly) and has a few new marking on it (seems a newer model) and actually lasted me 3 days. I am wondering if anybody else has seen this happen and am really hoping it never happens again as my provari has been a beast so far with no problems and this is probably more the battery or just a random occurance but it is the newer battery too. going to clean the connections again tonight .if anybody could hook me up with a cool provari signature that would be sweet :) just wondering if anybody else has thoughts on this or has seen similar things. I bought my provari full size, extended cap about a month ago (no regrets there as I have compared price/durability with a lot of other mods and am happy with my purchase) and am glad once I pulled it out and put back in it stopped and I have vaped fine since but want to know of any future tips or why this may have happened if it is something any other provari users see

thanks everyone

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have a ProVari that is doing that. I have cleaned my battery connections with isopropyl alcohol and that helps some. I also pull the battery and reinstall it when that happens.

It's not the ProVari (I have 3), and it only happens with whatever one I have my kayfun on. My Kayfun has a lower ohm coil than do my other toppers, so I know it's drawing more power as I vape. I have not figured out the exact nature of the problem, however.

IceCreamMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Wilmington, NC
Make sure the board contact is clean, that the spring is clean and bottom where the spring seats is clean. Also make sure the ends of the battery are clean. I have had the same problem once from a slightly dirty battery that was carried in my pocket. Took it out, cleaned if off and problem was solved.

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
sweet thanks for the tips, I run an IClear 30s and it hasn't done this yet buttt, I have noticed my iclear ohm rating starts outat 2.0 and after a week or two it is up to like 2.7 which has bothered me quite a bit. I actually have 2 coils I switch between because I switch juices often and they are both soaked in alcohol overnight everytime so aside from trying to dry burn (had a bad experience with iclear 30s dry burn my first try... as well as my pro tank dry burn I popped the coil) my pt2 is just not as reliable as the iclear and does not produce the vapor like it should a day after a new coil and im not using super thick liquid. I got it to not leak... as bad by changing oring to the fatter ones that come with it but I have just never had a good bottom coil tank that does not leak or have a problem. my iclear 30s has been a very good tank but the way the ohm resistance raises up so fast is becoming quite bothersome to me. I may look at buying a really nice tank but these two seem to be some of the better ones out already so idk what to do about that. I will clean all areas tonight, cleaning my guns right now...lol so much cleaning I am very particular and probably over clean lol

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most often this is from dirty threading on the battery cap. The cap is part of the battery circuit. Clean the threads with Noalox. The threads should be bare metal shiny when finished. A little of Noalox goes a long way. I apply to the threads, install the cap, and screw & unscrew the cap. Wipe the threads clean. Repeat as necessary. Provape sells this, but you can also find this in the electrical section of most hardware stores. It is an anti-oxidant (anti-rust) for bare metal.

noalox-2.jpg

Also make sure the postitive battery contact inside the Provari is clean. Isopropyl alcohol (highest concentration you can find is best) or a pencil eraser works.

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
thank you i just cleaned my cap off and it definitely had some darkness on the cotton swab, i will get some ideal ideally for next time but i just used 91% isopropyl alcohol and it took whatever it was off decently enough to get by and cleaned the pins. will have to check that ideal out. for some reason nobody locally carries those long qtips anymore i checked Walmart, walgreens, cvs.. cant find them. idk if the vape shop mightt but kind of doubt it. those would be quite a bit easier to use then the shorter ones

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
did it again today at 3.6... so weird. going to pick up the ideal stuff and hope that changes things. took it out and put back in and was good to finish it off until the normal low battery light

do you guys actually take off the spring to clean? don't want to pop it off and have trouble there so wondering if that is cool. I do have the extra spring on my non extended cap I have which is cool to have a backup

Last edited:

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
its always saying the battery is at 3.6 after I remove it and replace it (I am only checking it w/ the provari). I think it may have said 3.5 when beeping but not sure if I checked that or not before taking out and replacing now that I think about it. I will have to see if it does it again with this next battery as I have 3 different ones that I swap through. working on getting that ideal stuff but its pretty clean looking and not but less than a month or 2 old and I clean my connections weekly

digital_karma

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
manila, philippines
this happens to me also, but mine is a little bit different. when I tried to screw all the way down the standard cap of my provari, it doesn't fire up. but when i loose it a bit, it does fire. i don't know if the problem is the contact, the battery, or the spring. I tried pulling the spring a little bit and it did fire. when using the extension cap, this does not happen.

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
I cleaned like noted by the gent who referred to the Ideal stuff and I only had isopropyl alcohol and used qtips for a first time, I think it did it once more (2 times all together) but I played with my spring a little and last 2 batteries have been good no low indicator at 3.6 since so I am happy. will just keep every part of this bad boy clean as it is my baby and I thought I was doing a good job but those bottom threads did get neglected a bit

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread