jonnyblatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
South Florida
www.thebossusa.com
Hi Everyone,

Recently I have been having issues with my two 18350 batteries. I have noticed that the button starts flashing before the battery is at 3.4V. Today the button was flashing and I checked the battery with no atty on it and it said 3.9V.

I took out the battery and put it back in and now it's not flashing. This battery was freshly charged to 4.2V use a Pila charger before I started using it this morning. I only used it for maybe an hour before the Provari started flashing saying it was a low battery. This happens to both of my 18350 batteries(Both bought at the end of May). I have not seen this issue yet with my 1849 battery, which I don't use as much.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Jonny, see if the battery is making a proper connection. Do you feel any movement around inside of the provari?
If you want to you can stretch the spring out just a smudge. Do not pull the spring too much. Just enough to compress the battery a little.
You can also check to see if the battery +/- ends are clean.
Hope this helps,
Ken

Last edited:

narcosleepygirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Seattle
Hi Jonny,

I would also recommend cleaning the contacts on your ProVari.

This can happen if the contact pin down inside the unit is dirty and not making a good connection to the battery.

You can clean this pin with a long q-tip and some isopropyl. Just wet the q-tip with the Isopropyl and rub the pin for a good 15-25 seconds to get it nice and clean. You can also clean the top of the battery as that might help too.

We also have a video showing how to do this here: ProVari Electronic Cigarette Maintenance - YouTube

tgcrna

Tink
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I'm glad to see this post! Mine is doing the exact same thing! I bought new batteries, and a new charger, but am continuing to have the problem. I will try the suggestions given. Thanks!

edit: One thing I tried which seemed to help for a while was to clean the threads where the endcap screws on. I thought I had the problem solved but it started doing it again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread