Is anyone getting a false "low battery" flashing led?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forrest

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
athens ga.
After trying EVERYTHING (constant cleaning, using contact enhancers and "other stuff")Here's what I did to reset the premature low battery flashing issue with mine..instead of constantly unscrewing the end cap to reset (what a pain, not to mention possibly wearing out the threads ect..) I found a way to reset it with out removing the end..works for me! Drilled a hole a little larger than the copper rivet I used so there's still plenty of room for "venting". I just pull the stud to release the battery contact and "viola"! It's ready to go again and I can run the battery down farther. The rivet goes thru the spring. Also seems to just work better maybe because of the better contact (negative) using the copper rivet with its large base, the spring I had to cut a coil or so off. :2cool:

Last edited:

urahara

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Patra,Greece
Hello everyone..
sorry to wake up an old thread.I've read it from the start and I saw that the new spring can solve this problem.However, how can one tell that he has the new spring or the old one?

Is there a visual difference if you don't have both of them side by side to compare? (maybe color?)
Can someone who has both upload a picture with both of them?

It is said the the new one has lower resistance, how much is that? Can I tell them apart by simply measuring the resistance of the spring?

The extended cap has been bought at September from the UK reseller but the problem remains,so I'm not sure whether it was the new or the old one. A basic cleaning with isopropyl has been done but without much luck.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hello everyone..
sorry to wake up an old thread.I've read it from the start and I saw that the new spring can solve this problem.However, how can one tell that he has the new spring or the old one?

Is there a visual difference if you don't have both of them side by side to compare? (maybe color?)
Can someone who has both upload a picture with both of them?

It is said the the new one has lower resistance, how much is that? Can I tell them apart by simply measuring the resistance of the spring?

The extended cap has been bought at September from the UK reseller but the problem remains,so I'm not sure whether it was the new or the old one. A basic cleaning with isopropyl has been done but without much luck.
What voltage is the batt when the light starts blinking?

The difference is hardly noticeable unfortunately, as far as i can see. In fact, I've lost track of which is which LOL.
I have had a couple springs sent to me and on my two units, I can't exactly tell.
I'll have to start a deduction trial and check batt voltages, then see if there is noticeable diff. in the springs.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I also can't tell much difference with the spring. My textured black provari still gets the false low battery indicator at around 3.8. I find giving the unit a thorough cleaning about once a week does help though. I recently bought a satin provari as a backup unit and I've noticed the batteries last a lot longer in it. It never gives me a false low reading.

All has worked out well in the long run. Since getting the satin backup, my husband (seeing the extra provari sitting around) has decided to start vaping more and smoking less. He has pretty much taken over the black textured provari. Since he doesn't vape as much as me the batteries generally are lasting him at least 2-3 days.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I started getting a false battery dead light about at 3.9v it was bugging me and my display was floating around a little so I sent it in for repairs it will be home tomorrow thanks Provape very quick turn around time but anyway I started using the extender cap and batteries that I was using on the one I sent in on my black provari and guess what false battery dead light at 3.9v so it's my batteries so I went back to the IMR 18490s on my black provari. I'm using the pro-power 2500mah 3 months old I guess they just can't take the strain over time . I ordered new IMR 2000mah batteries

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread