Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Today I noticed the fire button, The Button as there is only one, glows RED whenever the unit is fired. It use to be green and only turn red, and flash, when the battery was low.

I've tried many things from changing the battery, taking the battery out and holding down the fire button for 10+ seconds, turning the unit off then back on. I'm using AW IMR 18490 & 18650 batteries. It does it with all of them.

The unit still functions the same, fires whenever you press the button, and the menu system is still accessible and functioning.

Yes I have contacted Provape and waiting to hear back.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if it has did they fix it themselves or did the unit need to go back to Provape.
Provari is only 5+ weeks old. Bought/ordered on the 19th of May. Started using it around the 27th of May.
Thanks.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
Not sure what every one else is talking about but when I got my Provari and hit the button it lit up Green, the button lit up green showing it was firing. Today it changed from the green color to a red color. It is not flashing. The battery isn't low. I don't want to turn that feature off.
It is not the LED lights on the screen it is the Button light.

Like I said I've had it for 5+ weeks and use it everyday. I'm certain if the button light was always RED, from the day I first put a battery in it, I wouldn't of noticed anything. But it WAS GREEN before about 9:50 this morning.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Well then I am either color blind or imagining it was green.

This is strange. Not saying you're color blind, but as others have stated...the LED is either green, red or blue depending on what you ordered. I don't think they use color-changing LEDs, so it would seem impossible for it to randomly change color. My fire button is blue when I toke on the Provari, and it blinks blue when the battery is low. This is how it should function.

Is your LED screen red, or green? If it's green, and your button is glowing red, then Provape will definitely fix it for you. If the LED screen is red, then your button should be red, and Provape will probably tell you all is good.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I want to thank everyone that has replied. It is appreciated.

This is strange. Not saying you're color blind, but as others have stated...the LED is either green, red or blue depending on what you ordered. I don't think they use color-changing LEDs, so it would seem impossible for it to randomly change color. My fire button is blue when I toke on the Provari, and it blinks blue when the battery is low. This is how it should function.

Is your LED screen red, or green? If it's green, and your button is glowing red, then Provape will definitely fix it for you. If the LED screen is red, then your button should be red, and Provape will probably tell you all is good.

I could swear the button light was green up until today. Oh well I must be more NUTS than I ever thought.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Innokin has the multi colored LEDs, and some others do, too. ProVari is one color, green, blue, or red. Since that would be controlled by the board, I do not think it could physically vary from what it was originally. My ProVarii range in age from a couple months to 16 months old. No change in the LED color. I would contact ProVape through their ticket system if it's an issue for you.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Not for nothing..

But does anybody know if the Chinese-made ProVari knock-off has the logo on it?

EDIT: OP, did you purchase directly from provape.com? If so, do you still have the email from the original order? It should tell you which color LED you ordered..

The clone is from Rainbow Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread