Are you done stocking up?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Welp, today I was informed of another US nic base option that is no longer an option (LNW). So that leaves 10 US options left. However of those 10...

There are 3 that too outrageously priced to consider especially if buying in quantity and/or seem to be perpetually or very frequently out of stock

Then you have heartland who is very secretive as to what states they will ship to, which really isn't ideal for consumers. (I called them last week). You have to call to make sure they ship to your state if you don't want to deal with the inconvenience of an order cancellation, which is an inconvenience in and of itself in 2024. They don't seem to have a contact form anymore so you have to call.

All in all, that doesn't really leave many solid/affordable options anymore for US nic base for your average vaper on an average income for sure.

Glad I got mine, but it's not a great time to stock up on nic base if you haven't already. But still doable, I guess.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Welp, today I was informed of another US nic base option that is no longer an option (LNW). So that leaves 10 US options left. However of those 10...

There are 3 that too outrageously priced to consider especially if buying in quantity and/or seem to be perpetually or very frequently out of stock

Then you have heartland who is very secretive as to what states they will ship to, which really isn't ideal for consumers. (I called them last week). You have to call to make sure they ship to your state if you don't want to deal with the inconvenience of an order cancellation, which is an inconvenience in and of itself in 2024. They don't seem to have a contact form anymore so you have to call.

All in all, that doesn't really leave many solid/affordable options anymore for US nic base for your average vaper on an average income for sure.

Glad I got mine, but it's not a great time to stock up on nic base if you haven't already. But still doable, I guess.
    Thank you for keeping up with this for everyone. :)

I am so glad I paid attention to the writing on the wall several years ago and stocked up with enough nic to last as long or much longer than I will need it to last. Took a 120ml-100mg bottle out of the freezer last month. It went in the freezer way back in 2012. Still as crystal clear as it was the day I received it.

For those that might not know it, freezing nic will prolong its shelf life almost indefinitely as long as it is kept frozen, away from light and sealed tightly to prevent any air from getting to it. .

For everyone still not stocked up it still may not be too late. Unfortunately the days of affordable to just about anyone nic have just about come and gone. Fortunately I got mine before the price increase and before my state made it almost impossible for me to purchase it on line. Hopefully your state hasn't done it to you.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I am so glad I paid attention to the writing on the wall several years ago and stocked up with enough nic to last as long or much longer than I will need it to last. Took a 120ml-100mg bottle out of the freezer last month. It went in the freezer way back in 2012. Still as crystal clear as it was the day I received it.

For those that might not know it, freezing nic will prolong its shelf life almost indefinitely as long as it is kept frozen, away from light and sealed tightly to prevent any air from getting to it. .

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Mine are all in liters, but similar. I think the most recent was 2016. I break the liter into eight 120ml bottles, then take one out at a time. All are still in perfect condition.

Regarding "Stocking up" (in general - not just nic). I keep thinking that I am. :oops:

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    :thumb:

Regarding "Stocking up" (in general - not just nic). I keep thinking that I am. :oops:
    I keep thinking I have everything I need but still ran really low on my favorite pre-built coils. That wouldn't have been life changing since I can rebuild another kind but I do prefer the gs-air toppers. Glad I found more of the coils for them.

I definitely stocked up on much more nic than I will ever need even If I live to 100 :lol:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I think I’ve bought way too much nicotine. I ended up getting 7 liters from different vendors- mostly Heartland Vapes and a couple of other places that I just can’t remember at the moment.

I divided the liters into four 250 mls brown Boston rounds using the special caps that reduce air loss and keep air out.

I also wrapped tape around the cap and neck of bottle. Then I labeled them with date and vendor names.

I have 5 liters in my freezer and 2 liters more recently purchased that I’ve kept in the fresh food drawer. I’ve never opened them so I feel very confident that there’s been no degradation of the nicotine.

At this point in life, like my age and often reducing the percentage in my mixe from 3% to often times 1.5 %. Not for any specific reason except that the nicotine was effecting my sleep. I did read in a couple of articles of that being the case for some reason.

I honestly can’t tell the difference. You could probably give me zero nicotine and I still wouldn’t recognize one from another.

So I’m thinking of selling 1 to 2 liters if there’s anyone near to pick them up.

DM me if your interested.

Thanks
    sara

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I think I’ve bought way too much nicotine. I ended up getting 7 liters from different vendors- mostly Heartland Vapes and a couple of other places that I just can’t remember at the moment.
    7 liters might last me a little while..

Screen-Shot-1713617782[1].jpg

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    it is about time to defrost my freezer. While doing so I plan on pulling mine out and will figure out just how much I actually have in there. I really don't remember how much I stashed away. Probably close to the same amount as you. Most of it from My Freedom Smokes and RTS. Seems like I got one liter from Nude Nicotine but I'm not positive about that.

Most of mine is in 120ml bottles but some is in 60ml and some in 250ml, all with poli-cone caps. Each bottle is wrapped in aluminum foil, then bubble wrap and finally vacuum sealed.

I really need to write up some instructions for whomever ends up taking care of things once I am no longer here to handle this dangerous, if handled incorrectly, liquid gold. Maybe a skull and cross bones since most of it is 100mg.

I am thinking there is some 50mg in there. I really should use up the 50mg first since it is the first I bought. Was nervous at the thought of handling the 100mg at first but got over that quickly.

I've not gone down on the strength of mine once I went down too 12 mg. from the original 24. No real reason for me to go down any lower since I am not trying to wean myself off vaping and as far as I can tell I'm not having any issues with it. . :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I've not gone down on the strength of mine once I went down too 12 mg. from the original 24. No real reason for me to go down any lower since I am not trying to wean myself off vaping and as far as I can tell I'm not having any issues with it. . :)

Same. I'm still not smoking, nor do I have any urge to, so I'm not changing either. At least not yet. :vapor:

One liter of 60mg lasts me an average of 342 days. That's feeding four vapers though, three of which are still vaping 18mg (the other is around 3mg).

I've still got much on hand. When we get down to 6-7 liters, I'll start cutting everyone's nic (assuming I'm still around). Otherwise, the kids can do whatever they want with it. I don't think I'll care. ;) :lol:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I started out with 11 liters and think I’m probably down to 10. I used to use 32 and 24mg but worked my way down to 20 for a long time. I eventually worked down to 6mg mostly and some 3mg if reviewing a high output device. That doesn’t happen much any more since the market is so focused on pods.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I have enough for several lifetimes. I had ordered some powdered nicotine once, thinking it would be easier to store. The vendor shipped me the wrong items, a strength that shall not be named which was much stronger than i had ordered. I called them and was told to keep it, as it would cost too much to send back. I bought a bunch of PG and was able to make 20 liters of 100mg/ml. This was in addition to the 7 liters I had on hand. I vape 8mg/ml.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    it is about time to defrost my freezer. While doing so I plan on pulling mine out and will figure out just how much I actually have in there. I really don't remember how much I stashed away. Probably close to the same amount as you. Most of it from My Freedom Smokes and RTS. Seems like I got one liter from Nude Nicotine but I'm not positive about that.

Most of mine is in 120ml bottles but some is in 60ml and some in 250ml, all with poli-cone caps. Each bottle is wrapped in aluminum foil, then bubble wrap and finally vacuum sealed.

I really need to write up some instructions for whomever ends up taking care of things once I am no longer here to handle this dangerous, if handled incorrectly, liquid gold. Maybe a skull and cross bones since most of it is 100mg.

I am thinking there is some 50mg in there. I really should use up the 50mg first since it is the first I bought. Was nervous at the thought of handling the 100mg at first but got over that quickly.

That’s right they are called poly cone caps. I couldn’t remember the word but that’s what i used. After taping it around the cap & neck of bottle I wrapped them in bubble wrap then put them into two freezer bags sealed.

The plastic freezer bags have a big POISONOUS 100 mgs Nicotine and a head & cross bones written on them lol plus the date it was bought. So looks like we got the same system. I just sooo much on ECF and articles/videos when I 1st started vaping. I’m like that with just about every big ticket item. I research the crap out of it. I used to read all the new posts and threads even if it was something that didn’t pertain to me at the time especially regarding battery safety. I still occasionally watch Mooch’s YouTube videos. He’s put together some really difficult to explain scientific stuff videos that makes sense to those who aren’t battery experts plus there had been several device ventings that injured people around the same time. Of course they were all younger guys using mech mod’s because they were just so too cool to use regulated devices. Problem was it didn’t sound like they had ANY idea about battery and coil mech building.

I too worry about someone exposing themselves to the nic as well. Maybe I should add a card with instructions on how to dispose of it safely and environmentally.

I know I bought from Freedom Vapes, and River something or other in California. I never bought any Nude Nicotine as far as I can remember. It’s was really quite a bit more money than from most of the other vendors. And to be honest I probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference anyways lol!

All the other nic is from Heartland. I think that’s the correct name of the vendor. I don’t have the most sensitive vape tongue.

You use pretty high nic percentages. Do you vape MTL?
    I started out with 11 liters and think I’m probably down to 10. I used to use 32 and 24mg but worked my way down to 20 for a long time. I eventually worked down to 6mg mostly and some 3mg if reviewing a high output device. That doesn’t happen much any more since the market is so focused on pods.
    I know I know - every one uses what’s best for them. But those disposable plastic vape pods are just horrible to me lol!! Yuk lol!!

Well I hope you are having a good weekend

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I really don't remember how much I stashed away.. Most of it from My Freedom Smokes..
    There's a 100 mg/ml liter bottle in my fridge. Still a bit more than half full. I bought it from, guess which company, in 2018 while they had Black Friday sale. For less than $55, delivered to my door in about 8 days.

I started out with 11 liters..
    That would last me a few more weeks than 7 liters..

..to make 20 liters of 100mg/ml.
    That would last a couple more centuries than 7 liters..

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    You use pretty high nic percentages. Do you vape MTL?
    I actually don't pull the vapor into my lungs. I just kinda suck it into my mouth, hold it there for a few seconds and then release through mouth and nose. I figured I had done enough damage to my lungs during my 45+ years of smoking so am trying to give them a very long rest. I suspect the nic is absorbed by both mouth and nose about as well as the lungs absorb it.

There's a 100 mg/ml liter bottle in my fridge. Still a bit more than half full. I bought it from, guess which company, in 2018 while they had Black Friday sale. For less than $55, delivered to my door in about 8 days.
    My Freedom Smokes ? That was a good price for that time. I too bought some of mine when they ran sales. I am thinking I got some of it for as low as $35.00 for a liter of 100mg back in 2012/13

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston

Where do you live. I’m going to sell a couple of liters at some point. But it would have to be picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread