Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Yes, not exaggerating. I have coveted the provaris as too nice to leave home. Im a bit .... about them and didnt want to see even a scratch on one. The provaris live on the coffee table and home use only. I simply have never dropped one and always had a cheaper mod for use out of the house. My current daily driver is a 2016 mazda mx5 miata. Love the car but absolutely no place to put anything. If im driving with a passenger then my mod sits on my lap. I have repeatedly gotten out of the car with my mod in my lap and bang, bounce of the pavement.

I'm not saying you are exaggerating ... I am going on record to say your post is not believable.

I cannot buy into dropping a disposable eVic over 10 times with no damage ... however, you want us, here in the ProVape forum, to believe you never dropped your Provaris even once in 5 years and they both broke.

that might fly in the eVic forum ... however, not here in the ProVape forum :cool:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Addressing this directly I would say you obviously got your money's worth from the 2.5 if you got it 5.5 years (?) ago as at that time it could run any tank available. The P3 - I agree was a bit of a silly move - if you expected it to run tanks it couldn't you didn't do enough research beforehand, plus if you already felt the 2.5 was 'subfunctional' for your needs why would you buy a second provari? I'd say you weren't a sucker - you just didn't properly consider what your needs were and buy appropriately. Maybe you made the mistake of seeing it as a status symbol?

Actually, Let me step in here with some history...

When the P3 first launched, it was able to drive every tank on the market that used a drop in coil. Two months LATER the Aspire Atlantis hit the market, which required the engineers to raise the amp limit in software to be able to run the new sub tanks. But on launch day, the P3 was perfectly capable of getting the job done that it was designed to do. Vaping changed out from under it. When the P3 launched, the go-to devices in the market were DNA30s, the 40 was not out yet and temp control was to arrive on the scene about a month later.

I am confused. How can one own a V2.5 ProVari since June 2010 when V1 didn't ship until October 2010 and V2 shipped in February 2012. Vape360 didn't even have one (V1) yet in October 2010 - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/whoo-hoo.131026/#post-2055081

Maybe we're all getting a little fuzzy on dates, including when other Provari-like VV devices hit the market. I can't find any Sigelei references to their first VV device - the Zmax - until November 2012.

Pbusardo had trouble pronouncing the name of this company which was new to him at that time.

I can certainly understand individual preferences in mods, but fairly accurate alternative VV devices didn't exist for a couple years after the ProVari was released. Even the 2.5 ProVari wasn't available until a couple years after 2010.

Maybe the OP can clear this up.

The ProVari was announced in October of 2010... The first units shipped at the end of the first week of December 2010. The ProVari didn't start shipping in significant numbers in January of 2011, when it remained a DOMINANT force in the market for a little over a year, then the V2 came out... it still was considered at the time to be an amazingly capable device.

SUB-OHMING, an activity practiced by less than 10% of the people that vape, is what led to the perception that the ProVari wasn't enough PV... and factually, it's not enough PV for people that blast a ton of power. Of course, that's very few people by comparison to the entire market. A Ferrari testarossa could never win a NASCAR race, either... but I sure as hell would enjoy owning one.

I just commented on another thread were the OP had the same issue with Battery not monitored correctly in the P3. The final comment was that many people have the same issue and that "it is what it is" Not for nearly $200.00 in my book. In over 7 years of vaping I have never fried a battery, only the 2 in the P3.

So... over 7 years ago, what mod were you using? What was your favorite eliquid from back then?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    SUB-OHMING, an activity practiced by less than 10% of the people that vape, is what led to the perception that the ProVari wasn't enough PV... and factually, it's not enough PV for people that blast a ton of power. Of course, that's very few people by comparison to the entire market.

Where did you get the data for this?

Reactions: beckdg

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    440BB is right, its been so long that I had forgotten my first Provari was the V1. I joined this forum when I first got it which was during pre release, as you guys can see I have been registered a long time. I may have even joined when I first ordered the V1 and was waiting for delivery. Sorry guys, got the timing off. Basically I have purchased All the Provaris in there very first offering dates. The V1 was a champ and I think I gave it to a friend when I got the 2.5. And again, your right about the Zmax, I purchased that right after getting the P2.5 to use as a knock around at work. I didnt want to toss my P2.5 around on a workbench with tools and stuff there to mare it up.

You joined in June... Pre-Release was Late October... and by my count you have had 3 ProVaris... 2 of which, you still have. Is that correct?

Reactions: kas122461

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    @rondo777 ... your original question was ... Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

yes, these vapers are >>> ... #VapeProVari

can you show us something similar where vapers are proudly posting pics of their cheap $50 eVic mods :smokie:
    No I can not, its a VAper! At any price its not worthy of proud ownership. The only thing unique about it is the price. I jumped on the band wagon and probably owned all of my Provape devices before anyone on here and paid the premium price for all but I sure wasnt gonna post pics of them. Heres the pic, Im SO Proud.
    20151114_092438.jpg

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    The same place you can get it if you take the time.
    I'll bet you think 90% of the people vaping sub-ohm, right?
    No, not t all. I get that most people are not vaping sub but that doesnt mean that they should have to go through the expense of running the gambit of buying 6 devices over there first couple years of vaping as there possible needs change. When I started there were very little choices. At this point, for a fraction of the price of a provape a newbie can buy a device that will carry them through a large range of tanks right up through sub. Every shop i walk into I see newbies being sold the pen style evic with the cheesy plastic tanks. When right next to it is a device that could fire the same tank and grow with the user.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    No I can not, its a VAper! At any price its not worthy of proud ownership. The only thing unique about it is the price. I jumped on the band wagon and probably owned all of my Provape devices before anyone on here and paid the premium price for all but I sure wasnt gonna post pics of them. Heres the pic, Im SO Proud. View attachment 505901

The coolest things in that picture are the ProVaris...

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    No, not t all. I get that most people are not vaping sub but that doesnt mean that they should have to go through the expense of running the gambit of buying 6 devices over there first couple years of vaping as there possible needs change. When I started there were very little choices. At this point, for a fraction of the price of a provape a newbie can buy a device that will carry them through a large range of tanks right up through sub. Every shop i walk into I see newbies being sold the pen style evic with the cheesy plastic tanks. When right next to it is a device that could fire the same tank and grow with the user.

With the possible exception, that the pen style may actually last longer than the cheap VW box.

The trouble here is that these inexpensive higher powered import boxes break and cannot be fixed. You would be correct, if the inexpensive boxes had a lifespan of longer than 4-6 months. They unfortunately fall victim to stripped threads, busted charging ports, batteries that can no longer be charged, a whole raft of problems. There's more to think about than the initial cost of the device.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    @rondo777 ... instead of wasting your time creating threads here in the ProVape forum, trying to sway tons of satisfied ProVari vapers who are happy with ProVape ... maybe head over to this joyetech thread and tell them how awesome your eVic experience has been.

*****WARNING JOYETECH PRODUCTS*****

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2010
    Spencerport, NY
    Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

I love that the thread started with this basic question, we answer the question, and people argue with the answer.

People still buy ProVape because it's the best value in vaping, period.

If you don't agree, then you don't understand the value proposition of ProVape... it's OK... some day you'll be mature enough to understand how value works. In the meantime there are lots of shiny gadgets available that will occupy your time.

It's all good.

I promise, if your ball lands in my yard I'll toss it back.

Last edited:

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm not saying you are exaggerating ... I am going on record to say your post is not believable.

I cannot buy into dropping a disposable eVic over 10 times with no damage ... however, you want us, here in the ProVape forum, to believe you never dropped your Provaris even once in 5 years and they both broke.

that might fly in the eVic forum ... however, not here in the ProVape forum :cool:
    you can take it how you like. My 2.5 and 3 got almost no use. The 2.5 got benched early on in favor of a 20w sig. when the p3 came out at 20w I was thrilled but soon after purchase I had issues with battery and the aspire tank sub ohm that I had been using wouldnt work on it. For a while I was using the Manhattan Mechs. So Its not like I used them often and really hardly at all. neither has been used since repaired other then once to see that the repairs were done right. The limited use they got was all at home, no drops.
    The evic mini that I keep dropping has a few scratches and I busted a tank but its working like a champ.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2014
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    I've owned 3 for a long time. My first was bought off the classifieds here. The others I bought new from Provape. All still work flawlessly and I take mine out and about sometimes. I think I got what I paid for. Provape is a great company and from my experience work flawlessly. I have other devices, quite a few actually, but my Provaris will still be working when the others fail. My evic broke after 2 months of use. If you want it, it's a dead stick.

I have dozens and dozens of other mods. I don't see them lasting for the long haul.

When the FDA gets done with their "regulations" I know years down the road my Provaris will be my saving grace.

Everybody has their preferences. Some like BMWs while others are fine with a Volkswagen. I enjoy the use of both. Both have their place.

When I purchase a cheaper Chinese mod I know upfront it may last a while or it might break in a month.

Why bash a good American company? Many of us use and still buy from Provape.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    The good news is that there is a robust market for used ProVaris, so even after a number of years you can sell them quickly and easily. Although you may have paid a premium to be an early adopter, you can salvage a good deal of money from these devices you don't like.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2014
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    No I can not, its a VAper! At any price its not worthy of proud ownership. The only thing unique about it is the price. I jumped on the band wagon and probably owned all of my Provape devices before anyone on here and paid the premium price for all but I sure wasnt gonna post pics of them. Heres the pic, Im SO Proud. View attachment 505901

Ummm I'd take the Provari if I had to pick from those. :facepalm:

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    heck, I would take that 2.5 and happily vape with it ... forever :smokie:
    LOL, we all know the answer to that, esp here. But the fact is the Evic is by far the most capable of all of them and not considering price it would be a wise choice. Hey, I bought the Provaris, I get that they are beautiful and when I bought them I wasnt aware that my vaping habits would change. I think that the evic may get a longer run for me then any of the others I bought. But This time around that was a consideration as well. I would have paid more for the evic but it cost what it cost. I may never go over the 40w that the new provape box offers but I can if I want. As for longevity, at a $200 price point Id rather walk into the store once a year and pic up a new device. $200.00 gets you 3 or maybe even 4 good devices over time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread