Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
OK, so I own a 2.5 and a 3.0. Both have been in for repairs and I was an early adopter to each so paid over $250.00 a piece for them. Both are now in working condition and have become closet queens that see ZERO use. There are far better devices selling in the $45.00 - $65.00 range and its actually embarrassing to be seen as the sucker that spent so much money on an ecig that offers nothing special and is limited in function at best. Not the new Provape Box Mod is out. 40watt, no temp setting, tiny little screen, plastic and the P3 threading with no options for tanks. And again $200.00!!!!!!! My latest device is the EVIC VTC Mini, direct competion for the new Provape box. BUT evic mini, all metal construction, magnetic battery door, 60w, temp setting, usb charging, beautiful large OLED screen, 3 button control thats intuitive. CAn be bought for under 50.00 for the device and around 80 as a starter kit with Charger and tank. Ive dropped it like 10 times and no damage. Ive never even dropped either the 2.5 or 3.0 and both have been repaired. NO WAY THE NEW PROVAPE BOX IS ON MY RADAR.

Reactions: smacksy

Asteperious

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
uk
Have you handled the Radius? Interested to know what your basing your judgement on? BTW don't see how you can call the Evic menu 'intuitive'. The new update has turned it into a cluttered mess. If you want a good read go and check out it's dedicated thread, page after page of people trying to get the temp control to work as advertised.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
First time buyer of a Provape product when the Radius came out and I am a big fan so far. It's a solid device and produces a excellent vape for my style. I have to admit it took some getting used to the menu and the soft non-clicky fire button but it gets a ton of use and I own several (many) mods. My SX Mini M is still my go to device but the Radius is right behind it.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
There's no way I will spend 200 bucks on a single batt 40 watt mod. However I am NOT a tootle puffer and love hitting my sub ohm tanks and RDA's at 65-100w for those deep lung hits... If provape came out with a 75 watt box mod I would definitely take a look at it.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: beckdg

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
There's no way I will spend 200 bucks on a single batt 40 watt mod. However I am NOT a tootle puffer and love hitting my sub ohm tanks and RDA's at 65-100w for those deep lung hits... If provape came out with a 75 watt box mod I would definitely take a look at it.

That's the greatest thing about vaping, you have a choice. There are thousands of people on both sides. I just find it ironic that someone posts that they wouldn't purchase there product. What's they point, just don't buy it.

It would be like me starting a thread why would anyone want to vape on an RDA at 65-100w and do deep lung hits. I won't make that post because it would be nothing more then criticizing your freedom of choice. I laid low for a while on ECF just because those types of thread got on my nerves, seemed like nothing but a pissing contest.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
You're right dude everybody does has a choice .. OP asked why would people buy ProVape anything... I simply stated my view why I would not.

Agreed, I wasn't taking a shot at you and if I came off that way I apologize. That being said, I don't believe that OP's post is anything more then a shot at Provape which seems odd in a Provape forum. Just looking to stir the pot.

And that's just my opinion.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY

Say it loud, you vape and you're proud!

Pretty awesome, isn't it?

Some people like Honda Civics, some like Mercedes.

I love that we have choices in this world. Makes life interesting.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
OK, so I own a 2.5 and a 3.0. Both have been in for repairs and I was an early adopter to each so paid over $250.00 a piece for them. Both are now in working condition and have become closet queens that see ZERO use. There are far better devices selling in the $45.00 - $65.00 range and its actually embarrassing to be seen as the sucker that spent so much money on an ecig that offers nothing special and is limited in function at best. Not the new Provape Box Mod is out. 40watt, no temp setting, tiny little screen, plastic and the P3 threading with no options for tanks. And again $200.00!!!!!!! My latest device is the EVIC VTC Mini, direct competion for the new Provape box. BUT evic mini, all metal construction, magnetic battery door, 60w, temp setting, usb charging, beautiful large OLED screen, 3 button control thats intuitive. CAn be bought for under 50.00 for the device and around 80 as a starter kit with Charger and tank. Ive dropped it like 10 times and no damage. Ive never even dropped either the 2.5 or 3.0 and both have been repaired. NO WAY THE NEW PROVAPE BOX IS ON MY RADAR.

I own a 120W china mod (with TC). I then ordered a Radius a few weeks ago, and today I ordered a second one. :thumb: :wub:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Great first post!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
That was weird right? Joins, waits 5-1/2 years, then makes that their first appearance on the forum.

He types slow.

Likes to make a dramatic entrance ;)

Well, you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

I will say this, I hear a LOT of what he's saying... every day. If somebody can't appreciate the difference, then they just can't!

I personally wouldn't want to be seen vaping an Asian import, for various reasons. There are WAY too many Asian import threads for me to wander around making disparaging comments about their choices in mods, though I feel those cheap box mods are not a particularly good value, even at the low prices they are asking for them.

But, I've never been one that has had aspirations to find the cheapest thing that will work.

My Rolex and Patek Phillipe watches don't keep time as well as a $6.00 casio digital watch, and they require fairly expensive service just to keep them running at all.

I'd rather not even OWN a watch if my only option was to have the Casio. I'd rather guess at what time it is, or just look at my phone.

Luxury has value. Prestige has value. Yeah it's stupid even if you CAN afford it, I guess... but... Do people REALLY go into Porsche dealerships and shout: "These cars are too expensive, and they need service... my Kia cost 25% of what a Mercedes costs and NO WAY a 918 SPYDER IS ON MY RADAR!"

Yeah, dude... we kinda knew that... The minute you walked in.

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
LOL, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT! I did join 5.5 years ago and honestly forgot. Ive been vaping for about 7 years and when I joined I had just bought my first Provari. It worked and I really didnt have any questions or anything to add. Now years later and a ton of devices later I think I have a good sense of a wide variety of devices and I consider myself a sucker for buying the Provaris. They have always been pretty but sub functional compared to much less expensive devices out there. USA and quality materials attracted me and sucked me in but I never felt the Provaris worked better then the cheap SIGELEIs that I have. And when it comes to specs, the Sigeleis are more capable.
ZEN asked above why I paid 250 for a 179 mod. That was the release price for the P3 and the P2.5 release was even more expensive. I was an early adopter of both. When I saw that Provari was releasing the Radius I was prompted to throw in my 2 cents. Once again, a sub par product that will soon be out grown by even a casual user with less features and this time build quality then many other Cheaper boxes. I was just trying to make the point to people to not get stuck on the provari name because once upon a time it was considered the gold standard and for some reason Provape is still charging people double and triple the price of better devices. And ZEN, when your spending $$$$ on a Porsche its because its capable of doing things that not every other car can do, thats the point im making. Provape is charging Porsche prices for devices that dont do more and in many cases, less then a KIA. Any real vaper, who is in the know, that sees a Provari in hand doesnt even see it as a status thing, its like wearing a sign that says "KICK ME" on your back.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have all sorts of mods, I just use ProVaris most often. They suit my needs. I'm glad you have found devices that suit yours. Now, since we are both non-smokers, why am I not a "real" vaper? Oh never mind, you don't know anything about me or you wouldn't say that.

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Have you handled the Radius? Interested to know what your basing your judgement on? BTW don't see how you can call the Evic menu 'intuitive'. The new update has turned it into a cluttered mess. If you want a good read go and check out it's dedicated thread, page after page of people trying to get the temp control to work as advertised.
OK, I have to admit, i did get carried away with the intuitive. Changing modes is a bit confusing but after that its a simple use menu. I guess after using my P3 everything seems intuitive. Temp works perfectly on mine and I love using the NI coils in my Kanger. I have not had the Radius in hand but specs alone are sub par to many very nice devices and unless it comes with a $100.00 bill in the battery compartment its a rip off! TO TOP IT OFF, EVER TRY CALLING PROVAPE FOR SERVICE? At $200 a pop and a US company youd think they could provide a human being to answer a service call.

rondo777

Jun 1, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I have all sorts of mods, I just use ProVaris most often. They suit my needs. I'm glad you have found devices that suit yours. Now, since we are both non-smokers, why am I not a "real" vaper? Oh never mind, you don't know anything about me or you wouldn't say that.
Hi Ocelot, your right, I dont know anything about you. What tank do you run?

Reactions: gnees

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi Ocelot, your right, I dont know anything about you. What tank do you run?

My absolute favorite is the Rüzgar RTA. I have used it exclusively for over a year, except on my bottom-feeders. I have rebuildable BF attys, but I like a plain 306 the best - oh, and my bOd MECHA doesn't play nicely with the Rüzgar, so I mostly use a Magma on it. I bought a Innokin VF for it, because it was so little and cute, but it's too airy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread