Any Georgia Vapors out there ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I was born and raised in Macon. I've lived in several places in and around my hometown, as well as Duluth, Alpharetta and Roswell (all of which are northern Atlanta suburbs). When I was little, my family vacationed every year on Jekyll Island, just off the coast of Brunswick. I've got a lot of great childhood memories from that place.

I've probably driven on the vast majority of public roads in the state, and I've probably been to or through most of its towns. When I attended Auburn University, I got to know every seam in the highway between Macon and Columbus REALLY well. Before I got into corporate IT, I had jobs in service industries which required a great deal of regional travel within 50 or so miles around Macon. I call it the "High Mileage Era" of my life.

Right now I live in Juliette, a little speck of a town about seven miles northwest of Macon. Actually, where I live is really more of an extended neighborhood than a town, being a few miles outside of Juliette proper. The only things I get from Juliette are postal delivery and garbage pickup. Crap in, crap out, you could say.

In my home state, I liked living in Alpharetta most of all. It was a bit more upscale than most of the other northern Atlanta suburbs, and being only seven or eight miles up GA-400 made reaching the resources of the northern perimeter REALLY easy. Just DON'T get caught on 400 during rush hour without plenty of water, a box of survival meals and two catheters - one for each exit hatch.

:?:

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
My wife brought me here from Munich, Germany.
I don't know why, but after reading that, I picture a woman dragging a large suitcase across an airport terminal with a guy's head sticking out of it.

So, I assume she declared you at customs. right?

"Ma'am, do you have anything to declare?"

"Yes... I have two pieces of fruit, one laptop computer and one human."

:lol:

Neunerball

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Roswell, GA
I don't know why, but after reading that, I picture a woman dragging a large suitcase across an airport terminal with a guy's head sticking out of it.

So, I assume she declared you at customs. right?

"Ma'am, do you have anything to declare?"

"Yes... I have two pieces of fruit, one laptop computer and one human."

:lol:

I wish it would have been THAT easy!

It took 1/2 a year to get through all the red tape. :)lol: I can see another funny comment comming, like picturing a card board box wrapped with red tape)

FYI, if not mentioned already, there's a GA forum here on ECF (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/peach-state-vapers/)

Last edited:

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
It took 1/2 a year to get through all the red tape. :)lol: I can see another funny comment comming, like picturing a card board box wrapped with red tape)
Heh heh. Nah, you already exposed it. That is the kinda thing I'd usually jump on though. :)

FYI, if not mentioned already, there's a GA forum here on ECF (Peach State Vapers)
I didn't know that existed. Very cool. Thanks!

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You can also try this...
Click this link (Send a Message) to go directly to the site for the Senate Hearing campaign. Please note that it asks for personal information which is necessary for your email to be delivered to the appropriate government representatives. When you enter your information, the program will automatically determine your senators. You will have two senators listed (in addition to President Obama), and you might want to UNCHECK the senator who is NOT on the Committee. Allowing the program to save your information will enable it to automatically be generated for you the next time you visit to participate in a future campaign.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
This is what I typed in...

"This is not freedom, this is tyranny! Why are you letting the fda and cdc control everything we do? We are not stupid why do you think we switched to ecigs? Do not let the big tobacco companies take control of ecigs! Look at all the shops opening up because of ecigs! It's making almost 3 billion a year and it's all ready being taxed! Why do you want to destroy this? You are supposed to be representing me not the fda or cdc!"

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
I did and got a blank reply.
You will. That's normal.

We'd like to think our Senators read all their correspondence, but that's simply impossible. They have staffers who sift through it and skim it. What they're looking for are numbers. A Senator who wants a feeling on an issue will ask them to tally up the number of emails on an issue and break them down by pro and con. It's a numbers game.

As such, email is a better means of communication these days. Once was a time writing a letter showed effort and sincerity, but the staffers can scan email quicker. Bear in mind, they're only reading the first couple of sentences, so skip introductions and go right to the issue.

That's not to say he won't read some of our correspondence. Well-written and persuasive stuff gets brought to his attention. Even if yours isn't, it's part of a greater whole. Don't get discouraged!

Just left my message via the link, it is my opinion that being short, and saying what you want, how you will vote, and that they will need MUCH more money to negate my influence against them come elections is the best way to get their attention.

Anyone else think similarly, or am I possibly mistaken by telling them the short winded truth?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
In my home state, I liked living in Alpharetta most of all. It was a bit more upscale than most of the other northern Atlanta suburbs, and being only seven or eight miles up GA-400 made reaching the resources of the northern perimeter REALLY easy. Just DON'T get caught on 400 during rush hour without plenty of water, a box of survival meals and two catheters - one for each exit hatch.

:?:

I grew up in Alpharetta, and my parents still live there. You are absolutely right about about GA - 400! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread