All due respect, but I strongly dislike all of the auto locked threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
Been a while since I've spent a lot of time here, but looking around I've gotta comment on the sheer number of threads presumably autolocked because of the amount of time elapsed since the threads creation.

I realize that people bumping threads that are years old can be annoying, and at the rate which vape technology advances it would seem that after a certain point old threads would become irrelevant, but frankly this is a little nuts IMO.

Case in point: I went into the mod maintaince forum and saw a thread about someone asking about applying polyurethane to copper mods at the top of the first page. The thread died out pretty quickly after only one reply, but the topic caught my attention because I've been toying with the idea of using fiberglass resin to coat copper tube mods to similar effect. I quickly realized that I couldn't reply because the thread was too old.

I wouldn't mind, but the thread in question is on the first page, old or not. In fact, most every thread in that forum is locked, including most every thread on that first page. So IMHO, if that forum produces such little activity, why bother having it at all if most of the content therein is read only? It's probably not just that forum either, is it? I bet if I were to really look around I'd find that many of the subforums here are full of read only content on their respective first pages.

As I said earlier, I kind of understand the idea behind the locks, but I feel that it is counterproductive overall. I mean, had I decided to post another thread about coating mods in fiberglass resin, that would eventually mean two or more locked threads on the first page, basically referencing the same topic. Senseless, IMO.

Do your thing ECF, but I feel that you've made a misstep here and it's probably costing you user activity out of sheer frustration on the posters part.

Vape on. :)

Last edited:

Haadkoe

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2011
Yes, I realize that, but how many threads do we need on the first page of any particular forum covering the same topic?

If two people posted about the same thing, on the same page, you'd likely merge or delete one of them, no? So why force us to do that very thing?

Also, if 90%+ of the first page of a subforum is all over 90 days old, why have the subforum at all? Apparently its not active enough to be necessary.

Realistically, just because 90 days have passed doesn't mean that no one will ever have valuable input on the topic, which could very well further the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread