GGTS - Things I dislike and like w/this mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikk4s

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
Agreed, I was also a little skittish to spend so much on a pv that was not vv. It does have the option to match battery stacks with different attys to attain different wattages though, so I gave it a shot. I haven't even experimented since I got it. One 18650 battery 2900 and a lr 510 atty in the UFS and I just vape now. Maybe it would be better with more voltage, but I am satisfied. My frustrations with pv's were mostly with the juice delivery anyway. Now I am not frustrated anymore and it gives a ton more vapor than my various ego setups did. Also, I mainly drip the same juice, but if I want a different flavor, I just pull the juice out with a dropper and switch or swap to my drip tip. Simple.

Packaging, I hates packaging. As long as it is sufficiently protected during shipping, I'm happy. I really get annoyed when I have to throw away a package the size of a cigarette carton after buying something the size of a cigarette.

As for manuals go, the wiki is on the web as is a forum that the manufacturer is on daily. He also makes videos for people who like to watch videos. There's more information available on this device that's a little more complicated than a flashlight than for computers that I have bought.

The price is a little high for the GGTS+UFS. It's hard to lay out that kind of money. If you add up the Ego kit I bought, a large capacity passthru battery, the tank atomizers, tanks, and all the different types of cartomizers I had already bought to try and the ones I would still be trying plus the time wasted on the forum learning and trying different tricks to take them apart, soak, clean, burn etc. Now the price does not seem so high.

I can't say the GGTS is as convenient as cigarettes were. It's heavier and a little more complicated. I'd say it's more comparable to a pipe. However, it's solid, simple, and it works. I carry it around in my jacket pocket all day. I should close the air and liquid but I don't. I lock the button and drop it in there. No leaking, flooding, etc. I don't take it apart and clean it like I should. I top off the liquid once a day and throw a fresh battery in it.

This is my take on the GGTS so far. I've stopped looking. :vapor:

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
It's the UFS that makes it all worth it. Without that incredible tank sitting on top, it would just be an 3.7v bat mod.

You're right on that. The UFS is certainly the thing that makes the GGTS legendary. The GGTS by itself is a very good mod with all it's great looks, adjustable draw, battery and atty flexibility, and continuing upgrades. With the UFS, it's a mod that I can put a large 18650 or 18500 battery into, fill up the tank and not worry about anything for a whole day (except for maybe popping an atty). My fav mod, my goto mod and the only thing I grab in the morning is my GGTS with a filled to the brim UFS, plus a small plastic container with an extra battery and atty. I'm good for the day. Much better than lugging around 2 riva batteries, 3 cartomizers, 2 LR atties, a bottle of juice, a battery charger and some tissue paper to wipe excess juice with (UFS doesn't leak all over the place for me...only into the collector tank).

Once you get used to the size of a GGTS with an 18650 in it, plus the UFS on top, you're gonna love it.

Last edited:

shamreez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Bristol UK
Thanks Nikk and Stownz, you got me thinking again of the UFS

You should have gone for the UFS when you had the chance,

Imeo had told in multiple places that once this batch of UFS (which got sold out) is over he would not be revisiting them for at least a couple of months.

So I guess it would be a little long wait for you unless Bruce is holding some back to sell with the SS GGTS

And believe me nothing gives you the flavour and vapour of a proper GGTS UFS setup ..

It is vaping heaven (But you better start making your own juice coz if you get this baby right you are gonna go through juices at a pace which you thought was not possible)

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
You should have gone for the UFS when you had the chance,

Imeo had told in multiple places that once this batch of UFS (which got sold out) is over he would not be revisiting them for at least a couple of months.

So I guess it would be a little long wait for you unless Bruce is holding some back to sell with the SS GGTS

And believe me nothing gives you the flavour and vapour of a proper GGTS UFS setup ..

It is vaping heaven (But you better start making your own juice coz if you get this baby right you are gonna go through juices at a pace which you thought was not possible)

Yah, had to cut back on the VG, I was blinding myself while trying to vape and drive, whole car a giant vape cloud.

jacktan12

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Malaysia
Well guys, looks like I'm going to have to try to get one when available. Thanks to all for your input

Just use decent atties in them. Only one out of about 5 different China LR atties have worked for me. The other 4 brands/models basically didn't seal with the bottom of the tank too well or dumped all the juice into the collector tank when I opened the juice control just 1/16th of a turn. In general, I would say most below US$5.00 is a waste of good money, except EM. I'm gonna order some IKV or Cisco next, coz GGs deserve better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread