A new straw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Well I read about the coffee stirrer being used as a straw mod before going into work. I wasn't exactly crazy about cutting up my filler a day after I got the carts. I was thinking about it at work and saw our old store used canned air that was empty and it still had the straw attached to it. We never use it and the can was empty so I cut it to size and slit it at the bottom. Not trying to get cred for the mod or anything like that but if you have any of those straws may want to try them out.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Ehh, scratch my first post. The straw on the side of the air can hits better than a stock cart but still wasn't like some of the videos I had seen. I tried a coffee stirrer from hardee's, well for some reason it was leaking through the atty and flooding it, but I was not sucking juice into my mouth. Like the first few hits would be awesome then they would get lesser and lesser as the atty was flooding, doh. I'd put it down and my 510 would be leaking between the battery and the atty. So today again at work I started digging around and looking for something that I could use. So I started looking at our wire connectors. I found these telephone .... connectors Crimp-On Telephone/Alarm Connectors (24-Pack) - RadioShack.com , they aren't actually blue at all. Here is a pic of one non modded.
DSCF0323.jpg

I just cut one side down to the metal sleeve on the inside, and the other side I just put a slit in the plastic sleeve. This is consistently delivering full hits without leaking through my atty. It's not to bad on the price side either I can make 24 of these for a $1.50 :D. May not be free like the stirring stick but IMHO it works better and will last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread