Not open for further replies.

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
The fact that someone is arguing over not getting sent free things from a business is beyond mental. The entitlement people feel is just shameful. Then, to turn this into an argument over not replying to comments? That's just scraping for some justification and validity for this asinine and childish argument.

In case anyone forgot, this is a business--a small business. That comment box is just that. Not a question and answer box, not a comment and the vendor will reply box, it's a comment box. When I'm with other people and make a comment, I don't get offended if no one replies. Why? Because I was making a comment. E-mail exists for a reason. What you did was put an offhanded comment asking for a handout and when you didn't get a reply you got ....... Instead of acting like an adult, you whined on the internet looking for some sense of validation.

Have we really reached a pont where we just expect free things for imaginary reasons? This is a sad testament to the way people behave.

I agree. Comments are different than questions. If the box had said questions, that would be different, but still not deserving of a rant.
After some of the horror stories I have read on this forum regarding customer service, seeing this used as an example of bad customer service makes me WANT TO buy some juice from BB all the more.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
They have been talking about moving since at least May. And maybe he didn't reply to a request like this one because of the way it was worded...who knows? But calling out a vendor on the forum because he didn't respond to someone straight up thinking they are ENTITLED to a freebie is truly tacky.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
They have been talking about moving since at least May. And maybe he didn't reply to a request like this one because of the way it was worded...who knows? But calling out a vendor on the forum because he didn't respond to someone straight up thinking they are ENTITLED to a freebie is truly tacky.

where do you see ''entitlement'' in this:

"Would you consider sending a sample to a repeat customer? "

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Again, if the box in question was labeled "requests" that would be different. But it is labeled "comments", right ? I guess I am not sure what the fuss is really about.

it is a very small thing for sure but the customer's disappointment of being ignored seems to have been real. comment sections on the bottom of an order are meant for order specs and special requests.
as an example > i order german chocolate bars and depending on when i get my order in i might specify ''do not ship until monday''
i'd be highly upset if that were overlooked.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I consider the 10% off coupon code to be a "freebie." BWB doesn't have to have any kind of coupon, so I think that is pretty nice of them. Some vendors don't even offer coupons, or if they do, they are for a limited time. Some do have 10% off, others have 5% off. None of them are obligated to offer anything at any time if they don't want to.

I have spent ~$270 at BWB, which means that I was discounted ~$30, which translates to a free 60ml bottle over that time. How's that for a freebie!? :p

Uh...right there. I go to the same grocery store every week, and I would never think they would consider giving me any free samples, nor would I feel that I am entitled to any. In fact, I would be embarrassed for anyone that would have the poor manner to request such a tasteless thing.

I got free stuff at my grocery store...once. The manager was throwing out the hot prepped foods from that day, and instead of just tossing it, he looked around and asked the customers if they wanted any of it on the house. I got some meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Why? I got lucky. Right place, right time.:)

Crack3dOne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Northern VA
It really amazes me how people believe they are entitled to things. "I spent X amount of money in X amount of time, that means I deserve free stuff!" No, no you don't. I've spent well over $500 with BWB since February (on Casablanca alone) and I've only gotten one free sample. I've also ordered from tons of other vendors out there that have never, ever, given me a freebie.

Honestly, if I were Don, I'd go back through the orders, find out who you are, and stop all future transactions from taking place. I'd make it a point to never allow you the opportunity to enjoy my juices.

Seriously, think about these things you post before you post them. Also, grow up.

+1

This sense of entitlement seems to be sweeping the nation.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Again, if the box in question was labeled "requests" that would be different. But it is labeled "comments", right ? I guess I am not sure what the fuss is really about.

No I think its actually labelled "NOTES" now and states that no replies will be sent for order notes. It also asks customers to contact them via email or forum if they require a response. Changed a while back. :)

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
No I think its actually labelled "NOTES" now and states that no replies will be sent for order notes. It also asks customers to contact them via email or forum if they require a response. Changed a while back. :)

thanks, ruppy! apparently don made some changes to avoid misunderstandings. in my book, don is the kind of business man who will try his best to keep customers happy if at all possible. any business relies on customer feedback to keep it running as smoothly as possible.
and to have some ridicule a customer who writes '' i'm a little bummed'' doesn't help .......................

Elnroth

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Philadelphia
2103919-human_torch_flame_on.png

If you really wanted a response, you would have used proper channels to communicate with the vendor.

Last edited:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
So the original part of the problem was that there was no response. The "question" was if a free sample could be given to a repeat customer. There was no free sample flavor to be found so the answer to the question was no. If I asked for free gas at the gas station the response would be an strange eye brow lifted are you nuts "no" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread