Status
Not open for further replies.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Well Dang! The 510-801 stealth adapter doesn't work with Fusions...
The 510-801 at Ikenvape (Ajustable at both ends) is out of stock
even that one, and the others I see ate at least half an inch long, and I like myBuzz to be as low profile as possible.

If you Fuzion people tell me it is THAT worth it, then I will buy a 10pack of them while they are in stock and a new chrome 801 cap from Notcigs.

Since you ALL seem to absolutely swear by them I am willing to try it them. And if i understand correctly, a 801 cap with a fusion is a much lower profile for my M1A1.

If you guys are wrong, I will hunt you down and make you use Smoketek tripple coil cartomizers!

2 orders placed.
10 SR Fusions
1 Chrome 801 Buzz Pro cap
1pair Powerizers (the ones that fell into the smoker wash water look discolored, and the paper is swolen and discolored)
1pair vvpv 14500 (My vvSplash uses these)

Last edited:

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
They're good enough for me to have ordered an 801 cap also, Ark. And you are correct, much lower profile with a native 801 connector. Also, the draw is noticeably different as compared to a 510 connection with an 801 adapter. Tighter draw with the native. You might wanna get some of the slotted screws with the cap (can't remember right now if it comes with the slotted or the phillips head screw).

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Also, the draw is noticeably different as compared to a 510 connection with an 801 adapter. Tighter draw with the native. You might wanna get some of the slotted screws with the cap (can't remember right now if it comes with the slotted or the phillips head screw).

Hrm, an airier draw is one of the reasons I wanted the Fusion...
and regarding the screw, I'll quote the description from Notcigs.com

801 Buzz Pro chrome top cap
Product Description
Type a description for this product here...

EDIT: Used the "Contact us" and asked that they include a slotted and philips screw with the cap

Last edited:

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Well Dang! The 510-801 stealth adapter doesn't work with Fusions...
The 510-801 at Ikenvape (Ajustable at both ends) is out of stock
even that one, and the others I see ate at least half an inch long, and I like myBuzz to be as low profile as possible.

If you Fuzion people tell me it is THAT worth it, then I will buy a 10pack of them while they are in stock and a new chrome 801 cap from Notcigs.

Since you ALL seem to absolutely swear by them I am willing to try it them. And if i understand correctly, a 801 cap with a fusion is a much lower profile for my M1A1.

If you guys are wrong, I will hunt you down and make you use Smoketek tripple coil cartomizers!

2 orders placed.
10 SR Fusions
1 Chrome 801 Buzz Pro cap
1pair Powerizers (the ones that fell into the smoker wash water look discolored, and the paper is swolen and discolored)
1pair vvpv 14500 (My vvSplash uses these)

DOUBLE DANG IT ( and believe me I'm not thinking "dang")
I just placed my order for an IPro 510, various adapters, fusions, cartos, tanks, etc from 3 different vendors last night. And now I'm finding out the fusions don't work unless I use the 1/2" adapter?!?!?!? I also wanted to keep this sleek and as low profile as possible so I also ordered the low profile adapter!

I guess the only choices I have now is to pay to return everything or order a 801 cap? And knowing me ruin my Ipro by screwing up changing the cap before I even get to use it. It really would have been nice to know this before I spent all this money. I would have just ordered an 801 Ipro. My order is "awaiting shipment" so I suppose it's to late to change it now. :mad:

So let me get this straight. Everything I ordered (except the fusions) were for 510. So if I want to use the 510 accessories I will have to use the 510 cap and if I want to use the fusions/m1a1 tank I will have to change to the 801 cap. It's either constantly changing caps or adding adapters? WAPITA!!!!! I bought this because it was supposed to be so easy to use and sleek looking.

Now to really make it worse it looks like the only 801 caps they have are in brass which will look terrible with the chrome I'm getting. Maybe I can sent an e-mail and get this order changed.

Thanks for the information!

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
Mookie...you don't have to swap out caps. I have an IPro with a 510 connector and use Fusion 2.5's....sure, I bought a couple of 510/801 adapters from Ikenvape and they work flawlessly. Does it add a little to the length of the overall unit? Sure, but no so much that it is an issue. Using the same set up on the BuzzPro...........it is fine.

I also get great life out of the Boge 3.0 cartos as well (stainless). Here's a shot of my Ipro set up with a smoketech tank (3.5 mil)

i-n4CN7Cj-M.jpg

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
I ordered a stealth and a 1/2" one. Damn this is all messed up now!

If I stay with the 510 than I'm going to have to change caps or use a rather large adapter since the stealth won't work with the IVK fusions. The brass cap won't match my chrome equipment. If I change to an 801 mod than all the accessories I've ordered from various vendors will also require an adapter. I did order a few adapters but was hoping to not have to use them very often.

I think I'm just tired and getting overwhelmed now. Best to just go to bed and hope this all looks easier in the morning. :cry:

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Mookie...you don't have to swap out caps. I have an IPro with a 510 connector and use Fusion 2.5's....sure, I bought a couple of 510/801 adapters from Ikenvape and they work flawlessly. Does it add a little to the length of the overall unit? Sure, but no so much that it is an issue. Using the same set up on the BuzzPro...........it is fine.

I also get great life out of the Boge 3.0 cartos as well (stainless). Here's a shot of my Ipro set up with a smoketech tank (3.5 mil)

i-n4CN7Cj-M.jpg

Wow - that looks fabulous! Thanks, I feel much better now.

Are those the boge cartos they sell at notcigs? I ordered some but don't remember what color they were.

How do you like the smoketech tank? That looks so sleek!

tsbman

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
utah
They're good enough for me to have ordered an 801 cap also, Ark. And you are correct, much lower profile with a native 801 connector. Also, the draw is noticeably different as compared to a 510 connection with an 801 adapter. Tighter draw with the native. You might wanna get some of the slotted screws with the cap (can't remember right now if it comes with the slotted or the phillips head screw).

Hmm..... I am on a fusion quest as well. Guess it comes from hanging out here. I have a 510 connection on my PZ and I have been using an 510 to 801 stealth adapter with some success with 801 "fusions" from same supplier and 801 real fusions from IKV.

I say some success because I have one issue with the adapter and it happens on the ElectroNicStix fusions AND the IKV Fusions. Sometime the adapter center pin does not seat properly between the carto and the batt causing the BP to show a short when fired. The center pin is isolated from the body by a plastic(ish) washer or grommet. If you screw the adapter into the carto FIRST and then twist the assembly onto the batt, then all is good. I have been experimenting with this for about a week now.

I don't have a 510/801 stealth from IKV, plan on trying one anyways next time I order fusions from them. Try fiddling with and see if it works.

As far as ENS Fusions vs. IKV Fusions. I dunno yet. I have been comparing the SR ECS vs. the LR IKV. Hoping to get some SR IKV when they are in stock again. Right now, it's not a fair fight and the IKV just seem to draw better.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
This particular tank pictured is the smoketech with a dual coil cartomizer (1.5) as it came that way with 510 threading...I bought another that was a 5 mil capacity.....the Smoketech's require a longer cartomizer as one would use with the Notcig's M1A1 1.5 tank. What I did with my 5 mil Smoketech tank is cut it down so I could use regular length Fusions in it. Since Ikenvape only had the 801's in stock, I bought a couple boxes of those and 2 adapters (510/801). That tank is now a very functional system, albeit the only difference in length is the added adapter.

I'm really fussy about my photographs and would just die if I had to post something from my phone.....LOLOLOL. In any case, get some sleep....you'll be fine....Mike is out of town at a trade show this week and if I understand correctly, there is a part they are waiting for to build new IPro's. If you would rather have the other top piece instead of the 510 in order to use stealth adapters as Mark had suggested, I would imagine that wouldn't be a problem....since the build will take a bit anyway. Don't know if someone is there to man the phones or not but worth a shot.

I just stayed with the 510's as I do use Boge's often as well whether in a tank or straight up. The Stainless from Notcigs are Boge's if I'm not mistaken.

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
DOUBLE DANG IT ( and believe me I'm not thinking "dang")
I just placed my order for an IPro 510, various adapters, fusions, cartos, tanks, etc from 3 different vendors last night. And now I'm finding out the fusions don't work unless I use the 1/2" adapter?!?!?!? I also wanted to keep this sleek and as low profile as possible so I also ordered the low profile adapter!

I guess the only choices I have now is to pay to return everything or order a 801 cap? And knowing me ruin my Ipro by screwing up changing the cap before I even get to use it. It really would have been nice to know this before I spent all this money. I would have just ordered an 801 Ipro. My order is "awaiting shipment" so I suppose it's to late to change it now. :mad:

So let me get this straight. Everything I ordered (except the fusions) were for 510. So if I want to use the 510 accessories I will have to use the 510 cap and if I want to use the fusions/m1a1 tank I will have to change to the 801 cap. It's either constantly changing caps or adding adapters? WAPITA!!!!! I bought this because it was supposed to be so easy to use and sleek looking.

Now to really make it worse it looks like the only 801 caps they have are in brass which will look terrible with the chrome I'm getting. Maybe I can sent an e-mail and get this order changed.

Thanks for the information!

Here's the difference in height. Left pic is 801 cap + Fusion (on a Buzz Pro but you get the idea), Right pic is 510 cap (on an Infinity Pro) with reg size 510/801 adapter + Fusion.

The 801 Fusion has a "ledge" at the bottom whch adds extra length but acts as a "stop" for the tank so it does not slide any farther down. If you just use the 510 cartos then the overall length decreases a lot since you don't need the adapter.

801_510.jpg

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
There is a reason I suggested the 808, because it can use both 901/510 & 901/801 stealth adapters.

If you get a 510 connector, I believe avidvapor has a stealth 510/801 that works with fusions, though am not positive about this

I was going to order 808 as you suggested but when I started looking for accessories to go with it I found a lot of 510 things I liked and then wouldn't have to use an adapter. So I figured it might be good for me to get away from all 808 batteries/ equipment.

Do you agree that the 801 cap has the lowest profile?

I'm going to sleep before my brain explodes!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I got both caps and I ran the 801 cap for awhile but alas I put the 808 cap back on. My Original Infinity is the last 510 PV i'll ever own and I started with 510. They just have more issues with different cartos not working right than the 808 so I stick with it. I can still use 5r10 cartos with an adapter and do sometimes.
The reason I like the M1A1 is all my other tanks have them thick top and bottom Delrin Caps that make them a half inch longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread