• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

510 Vapers Magazine (get your digital copy now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rttch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Edmonton
It's in my head and will remain there until I submit it.

Once again, nice job & congrats on everyones contributions.

I read it as, "It's in my "end-fittings such as atomizers and cartomizers" and will remain there until I submit it. hehe ;-)

I caught the few "corrections to be made" as well that have been mentioned, but I read it from start to finish and found it very enjoyable. Nice work everyone and I look forward to reading the next one. :thumbs:

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
No doubt GreenSmoke is overpriced for what it is, but everything I've heard about it has been fantastic. It was written by Jenna of Jenna's Vapor Journey, and I can assure you she is not an employee of GreenSmoke and that it is her honest opinion on the product. You can find it here on her website, she is our sponsor this month: Green Smoke Electronic Cigarette ReviewJenna's Vapor Journey

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Glowing 2 page review of an extreeeeeeeeeeeemely overpriced kit is a little suspicious.

That had come from our sponsor actually, and if it worked for her then all is well. In Fact she had approached me and asked if i wanted to see reviews of two piece kits and i said that was more then fine.

I am not looking a gift in the mouth :p

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Great first edition, overall! I am excited to see someone come up with, and create, an e-cig magazine!! I do have a few comments and observations, if I may add my 2 cents:
-There is a need for a proofreader or spelling/grammar checker/program.
-In the 510 K-9 Unit article, I had no idea it was BWB (Backwoods Brew) that you were reviewing until the middle of the article. Perhaps referencing the shop, and their web address, at the beginning would help.
-Because there are so many new vapers every day, a glossary of terms to go with the articles would be very helpful. (For instance explaining what PG and VG are, cartomizers, atomizers, the abbreviations used for flavor vendors [FW, TPA], etc.)
-The mod info was good, but I truly have no idea what Li-Mn batteries are or what protected and unprotected means in reference to batteries.

I hope this helps, and is gentle. I don't handle criticism well, so I try not to be harsh.
Great job!!!

I thought I actually did go into what PG and VG was....I may have clipped it out in a revision, my bad.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
The Article i got forwarded to me, which is what was copied and pasted in it's entirety is;

E-Juice Review: Boston Cream Pie from The Gentlemen’s Reserve
By: Chris M. (therealcmac)
Okay, so this is the initial release of 510 Ezine and I was asked to contribute to the
publication! I am by no means an expert in any aspect of vaping, but I am an e-juice reviewer
on YouTube so I figured I would put a review in writing. Here we go!
This month I am going to be looking at Tasty Vapor's Boston Cream Pie from The
Gentlemen’s Reserve, located in beautiful British Columbia. First off, I should say that I am
mainly a fruit/candy/drink-flavored vaper and this juice is a little out of my comfort range but
let us try it out anyways. The sample I am vaping is a 70/30 PG/VG ratio juice with 16mg
nicotine content. It is a dark colored juice with a very nice Boston cream smell. I will be
looking at the three main staples in this review. First is vapor production, second is throat hit,
and third (and possibly the most important) is the flavor. I am using an I06 atomizer on my
EVO at 4 volts.
First off is the vapor production. It is good, right where it should be in a 70/30 juice. No
huge clouds of vapor but a respectable amount that is satisfying.
Second is the throat hit. I usually vape 12mg so 16mg should have a stronger throat hit
than I am used to and to some extent it does, although I did expect a little more thump in my
throat from 16mg. I find this with many of the Gentlemen’s Reserve juices. The 16mg seems a
tad bit higher than a 12mg but not by much and is quite acceptable for my throat hit needs.
Yes, I said needs. Throat hit is very important to me. I have come across a few juices that
have virtually no throat hit; no matter how great they taste I will not vape them due to the lack
of that satisfying hit on the inhale.
Finally, we get to the taste. Now I really want to stress here and I am sure some of you
are familiar with the phrase, “taste is subjective.” What do I mean by that? Well, not everyone
is going to "taste" everything the same way. I may like a juice that you may find repulsive, or
you may have a similar "taste profile" to me, meaning we may agree on what is a nice tasting
e-juice. Got all that? Okay -- back to the Boston Cream Pie! I find that some bakery type
vapes are heavy on the baked goods and light on whatever else is supposed to be in the
juice, and this usually turns me off. When I vape this juice I get an underlying taste of that
typical baked goods flavor which is sweet and rich with vanilla. It is hard for me to describe
this taste, but it seems not to differ much from vendor to vendor. To my surprise, the Boston
Cream flavoring is leading the way in this juice. I always like to compare my vapes to a real
world thing and to me this juice tastes just like a Boston Cream donut from Tim Horton’s. I
even get a little hint of chocolate. It is pretty tasty, though not something that I would vape on
all day. Someone that enjoys this type of sweet baked goods vape would be quite pleased. I
am really impressed with how nice the Boston Cream tastes just like the cream in the donut.
You may notice that I did not compare it to a pie. I have not had a Boston Cream Pie in
many years and could not run out and get one for the purpose of comparison, but I really feel
that it is a match to the donut. So overall, it is not a bad e-juice. There is good vapor, decent
throat hit, and a very nice Boston Cream flavor, which takes center stage over the richness of
the baked goods and vanilla flavoring (a big plus in my books). If you were a fan of the donut
(or the pie), I think you would be very happy vaping on this e-juice.
You can find my various video reviews here: xtherealcmacx - YouTube

I am thinking therealcmac (or hoping?) what was meant was that a explanation for n00bs on what carts/atty's/pg/vg all means when it comes to a vaping experience of juice in any flavor?

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
So in going through the comments and emails about how y'all would like to see a issue #2, i wanted to announce that if you want to submit something please either email the magazine, PM me or chelly and will get it in there. The Cut off for all submissions is going to be July 4th 2012 @ 1pm EST, after that we are going into editing and production phase.

I thank everyone that was able to submit something for this issue, and i look forward (and hope) you would want to do it again, and again to those that can write a joke, draw a cartoon, want to help get the word out we have a vaping magazine, and so forth, your services are being called upon now :D

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Hi Constantine and ChellyNelly - I read your magazine from top to bottom and I have to say I am impressed! You guys did an excellent job and I definitely hope that you do continue. I'd love to see a regular fixed publish date and it will be fun to see what else you come up with! Thank you for providing valuable info to the vaping community! Its easy to see you worked very hard and put your heart and soul in this. Keep up the good work! :)

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
First off Autum Wolf i need to say love the name :D Second off thank you very much for the comments, third, keep an eye on this thread, as i will make a special surprise announcement to the either this issue or the next.....i was in honest awe of the idea presented, and right now my old tired eyes are wanting sleep before i poor over the details.

But i can in fact say we now have two sponsors. What is funny was before this surprise was presented, Jenna and myself were talking and she joked about something and now i guess i am in awe again as it may come to pass in time

Trailer

Jun 13, 2011
Parry Sound, On Can
Quote Originally Posted by Oriana871 View Post
Ok gently, you need a designer. Haven't read anything yet, just took a quick peek. Otherwise good work everyone!

We are aware of that but nobody stepped up to do it and none of us have experience in design. We did the best we could with the skills we have. We had one person say they would do it if we paid them... We have no budget for this, this is a completely free mag made for the vapers by the vapers and we don't have a fund for it. We're just normal people, most of us with less than average incomes, who liked the idea of a project like this for new and veteran vapers alike.

With that said, if you know anything about design, please be our guest

I'd be willing to give it a go. You can pay me in smiles and virtual handshakes. ;)

I'll rework some of the original into a layout and then if you like it you can decide.
If not then - No harm no foul and I won't take it personally.

PM me if you want to discuss :)

Trailer

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Glowing 2 page review of an extreeeeeeeeeeeemely overpriced kit is a little suspicious.

This is my problem with your mag as well. Noobs get trapped into buying overpriced and underpowered kits due to "reviews" just like this one. Personally, and I really mean me personally, I could not include any reviews for any product I didn't truly believe in. Sorry, but IMHO your magazine lost credibility with me for this review...

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I'd be willing to give it a go. You can pay me in smiles and virtual handshakes. ;)

I'll rework some of the original into a layout and then if you like it you can decide.
If not then - No harm no foul and I won't take it personally.

PM me if you want to discuss :)

Trailer

thank for very much for the offer, but i am looking in my inbox right now, and it seems sponsor #2 has just sent me something they worked out, i am going over it and soon to pass it on to others for final approval to have it listed for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread