The Totally Wicked Tornado - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

berktt

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
NYC
I've been using the Tornado for about a week now, and I'm pretty happy with the unit. Long battery life - I would say that is the best thing about it really. Other than that, everything is slightly better than the 510. I just ordered some low resistance attys, I'm guessing that will make everything even better.

BTW, does anyone know if it's safe to use my USB-passthrough for the 510 with the Tornado?

g33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
North of Pittsburgh, PA
I've been using the Tornado for about a week now, and I'm pretty happy with the unit. Long battery life - I would say that is the best thing about it really. Other than that, everything is slightly better than the 510. I just ordered some low resistance attys, I'm guessing that will make everything even better.

BTW, does anyone know if it's safe to use my USB-passthrough for the 510 with the Tornado?

You should be perfectly fine using the pass-through because the TW Tornado / eGo use standard 510 atty's. The connection will be the same as your normal 510 would be. This IMO is a great step for the Tornado / eGo as there is no proprietary hardware requirements to run the sucker. If I can find cheaper 510 atty's from somewhere other than TW I go for it. I do notice that the TW ones seem to last me slightly longer though....from my experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread