NEW Member needing some Hardware Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks for the links Sailor I will look into those i dont have my volt anymore im currently vaping with a tornado tank from TottalyWicked .

Oh... Excuse me. I saw the tank part and missed that it was on a Tornado. My bad. The battery should be sufficient to do a decent job if it's an eGo clone, especially if it's 3.7V and not 3.4V.

Fringeoflunacy

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Iowa
Ok so your saying i can use the Visions with my current Batteries ??? Sorry for all the Noobness

No problem, I know it can be confusing in the beginning. Yes, the Visions should work fine with your current battery. The Tornado is an eGo-clone. There are a bunch of clones of the eGo style batteries: Riva, KGO, Tornado, etc. Basically the same battery type, just renamed depending on who's selling it. You'll be fine with most cartos on the market.

Sailorman thought you only had the Volt, which are smaller batteries that can't handle LR cartos and such (although Visions do work fine on those as well).

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Ok so your saying i can use the Visions with my current Batteries ??? Sorry for all the Noobness

Yeah, any carto compatible with an eGo will work. Actually just about anything with a 510 connector will work, but if you have a cone you might have to leave it off. What size is the Tornados battery? 650mah or larger?

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
From what I'm reading on their site, buying a Riva or KGO or whatever wouldn't be much of an upgrade for you, if any.

Just an apology for this part of my previous post; I'd had a little brainphart wherein my mind swapped "Rio" with "Riva". The Rio would indeed be a tempting upgrade if that's what is needed.

Happy Vaping! :toast:

azvike

Mar 7, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've done a lot of trial and error on hardware set ups. Part of the fun of of vaping is trying different hardware combos, but it can get expensive (though a pittance compared to analogs). Currently I have a dual coil tank on my Ego passthrough, another Ego with a Boge 2.0 cartomizer, and a small Ego set up to drip with a generic atomizer. The tank (Madvapes 5 ml) rocks, though it is a bit ugly on the Ego. The Boge cartomizers have been the most reliable I've found, and are cheap enough to be disposable, and vape very well. Dripping is the absolute bomb, and if you clean your atomizers daily, they last a very long time. I also have a 5 v boxmod, but I don't use it that often. For reference, I run a 24 mg 555 or RY4 in the tank, a 0 mg 555 in the Boge, and 6 mg fruit in the drip as a pallet cleanser, I alternate between the three setups.

BTW, I've had horrendous luck with dual coil mega cartomizers, maybe just bad luck.

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
BTW, I've had horrendous luck with dual coil mega cartomizers, maybe just bad luck.

Not sure what resistance they are but if you can try 'em at close to 5 volts & they don't blow they might rock. From my experience the Smoktech DC 1.5 Ohms wimp out big time at 3.7 volts (which is all I have available - E-Power, 1050mAh). I've read other posts where folks said they cook pretty well somewhere over 4.5v. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread