MyECig.com Penstyle and Supermini

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP2008

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, VA
Mr.Darcy said:
ok VP...4 days smoking on 1 minicig cart?are you actually inhaling anything?must be the ecig equivalent of an everlasting gobstopper from willy wonka...hey-i think you have the first magic electronic cig there.either that or your vapour is pitiful or more likely non-existent...i mean you did post 2 days ago that your mini wasnt working very well :lol:

Just a little over three days, not four (sorry I don't do math - I teach writing!). And I'm not using just the mini -- I only use it maybe 4-5 times a day and I use the pen style the rest of the time. I have three atomizers and five batteries for the mini (got the new atomizer Tuesday) and so I keep fresh batteries and atomizers -- maybe that's the difference? I switch and clear out the atomizers mid-afternoon and then again in the evening. One mini atomizer is just deader'n'a doornail but the other two are working great now that I figured out how to clear them out. I also put on a fresh battery twice a day whether it's still smokin' or not :)

I also keep the e-cigs in a case when not in use. I read somewhere (maybe here? not sure) that leaving the e-cigs out all the time can dry out the carts faster. So I keep them in cases when I'm not using them. I do the same with the pen style -- I keep it in a case when not in use and I change the atomizer and battery twice a day, whether it needs it or not :)

Preventive maintenance maybe? I don't know but it's working nicely since I started doing that. Earlier this week and over last weekend it seemed that both e-cigs were not working well. One was a battery problem and the other was an atomizer problem. But I'm also convinced that when I just let the batteries run down before changing them that it was affecting how the atomizer worked. And anytime the mini atomizer starts getting hot (which both seem to do quite easily) I stop using it for a while.

I think that the atomizers, especially the mini e-cig ones, are pretty fragile. At least that's been my experience. So I don't use it all the time and I put a fresh battery on twice a day and I'm real careful not to draw too hard on the mini so the atomizer doesn't heat up too much.

I get plenty of vapor for about 3 days, give or take a little either way because the carts are not all the same. This one lasted from Monday morning till mid-afternoon today so just a little over three days of 20 min or so about 4-5 times a day, give or take a little either way. I'm just real careful with the mini and with the pen style, keep the atomizers clean, and use fresh batteries twice day. It's been my experience that letting the batteries run down is what makes the atomizers run hot and then they just quit working. I'm a "once an hour" smoker so maybe that's light use?

VP

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i have the pen-style and after just one week of fairly heavy use, a battery and the atomizer went. im getting replacements but be warned the warranty from my seller for these devices is 1 week. thats fairly lame, but probably accounts for the price you pay. im gonna be more careful with the replacements, probably pad out a tin for them. i also ordered more back-ups, dont want to have to buy a a pack of ciggies like i did today. do other users out there think there is much of a co-relation to dripping and broken atomizers?
peace

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
dc2k08 said:
i have the pen-style and after just one week of fairly heavy use, a battery and the atomizer went. im getting replacements but be warned the warranty from my seller for these devices is 1 week. thats fairly lame, but probably accounts for the price you pay. im gonna be more careful with the replacements, probably pad out a tin for them. i also ordered more back-ups, dont want to have to buy a a pack of ciggies like i did today. do other users out there think there is much of a co-relation to dripping and broken atomizers?
peace

it depends on the atomizer/battery.. dripping puts more liquid around the base of atomizer.. if the liquid gets into the pressure switch it will kill it.. but some stand it more than others.. as for the one week guarantee.. its honest and its wise.. in essence they are being sold as disposable items..

they should normally last longer than a week but some fail pretty quickly.. some last a bit longer.. again it depends how much use they get.. a heavy smoker will get thru more than an occasional party smoker..

the batteries also wear out with regular heavy use.. when they start to run down quick between charges u need some more..

also when fresh off charge they are 4.2 volts.. they dont say i am flat till 2.7 volts.. one fresh off charge will power the cig better than one half run down..

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Dustin' if oyu got hte cash- could you tryout a SmartFixx Penstyle and videotape it? (just be sure ot buy extra pack of carts as the ones that shipo with hte kit tend to be a bit dry) (I don't really recommend the Mini Smartfixx- hard to draw, ok vapor (probably like the MyEcig) but Carts don't last). The Penstyle- I've hd mine 6 days now and I'm getting really good vapor for 300-400 full draws off one 'factory' prefilled Cart- I just wish I had a video camera to document it, but I don't- would be interesting to see a Vapor comparison side by side with other pens- As you've probably seen- I've been documenting my experiments in the SmarFixx thread for vapor per prefilled cart & am quite impressed & would be interestign to see if others get this kind of performance too.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i like the 901.. a cart does hold about half the amount a classic does but when topping up it dosnt matter.. simply using the carts it puts the cost up a lot..

based on three heavy smokers using them for two months i recon an atomizer is good for about three weeks on average in good condition.. a battery loses 2/3s of its capacity after a month..

we are now smoking pipes and i recon using between two and three ml of 24 mg liquid per day.. we are all ex half an ounce of high strength rolling tobacco per day addicts..

no way on gods earth could we afford five dollar per cart njoy prices.. it would also be expensive using 901 carts as well.. i recon six per day the way we now smoke.. ..

lots of smoke means lots of liquid.. we do waste the stuff a bit thow.. at first it all got inhaled so as not to waste any now some get blown around.. i like to see the smoke every so often.. i know i am getting my dose then.. u also get more smell and taste.. he he

for those not topping up the classic style makes more sense.. the batteries will last a bit longer as well.. they are bigger..

trog

ps.. and nazareth.. the important thing is from a nicotine intake point of view one e cig puff does not equal one real cigarette puff even with 24 mg liquid..

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Yeah I realize the nocotine certainly doesn't equal one cigg per 10 puffs on ecigg- My experiments weren't testign hte nico- I was just going for vapor counts as soem liek myself are concerned with vapor- Smokign hte Eciggs normally, I woudl certainly be topping off the carts way way before the draw counts I achieved for Cart vaopr as I am quite addicted to nicotine as well - it was just experimenting on draw coutns I was doing and vapor productions that remained very billous for around 400+ full draws for one Cart- which If I can wean my nico down would mean a Cart wil last roughly two days- but that'll only be if I can win the mind battle with nicotine lol- The carts are expensive for usre, but if they last a day nad half at least, then using E-liquid will be less as well so savign a bit of money there too- meh- too many variables to figure out lol.

You E-Pipe smokin now? I was thinkin bout tryign that- gotta read more on it htough- see what pipes are good- how logn they last etc- what's your experience been on the pipe smokin? Can vapor be inhaled and exhaled? Or is it all absorbed in mouth liek hte cigars?

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
off topic but to answer the question.. we have three pipes with three spare atomizers.. we have only been using them (all day and every day) for nearly three weeks.. we had one atomizer die after around a week.. i think it was a bad one..

when dripped with ten drops and no carts fitted they produce plenty of nice very consistent smoke.. they are the easiest of the lot to draw thru.. better than the 901s.. the bigger battery is well up to the job.. how long they are going to last on average as yet we dont know..

we hope they last long enough to justify the extra cost.. cos they are the best e devices we have tried so far.. we like them..

trog

ps.. what one does with the smoke is up to the user.. we need to inhale ours being the nicotine addicts we are..

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
just one comment about the 901 atomizers we have received as spares dusty.. and about paint coming off when boiled.. the originals have a nice shiny enamel finished with neat little lettering on them.. very durable i am sure it would stand being boiled..

some replacements dont have the lettering.. a more matt finish and the paint chips off with use.. these do not seem to be as good as the ones with lettering on.. when we order more we ask for the ones with the lettering.. just an observation..

i would agree with everything u say.. but would add.. the ones u have demonstrated are good smoke producers (except for one) ) not all e cigs are.. u need to demonstrate some bad ones just to show what bad is.. assuming u havnt and are keeping quite about it.. ??

trog.. he he.. :D

ps.. i just boiled one to see.. it came out looking like new.. it was one i had put aside as being past its best.. it might have even made it work better.. after a good prime its puffing away nicely.. he he he

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread