Good smell but bad taste

heihachi

Nov 13, 2023
Turkey
Hello, fellow vapers!

I am experiencing a weird problem and want to get your insights on how to solve it. I read similar threads on the forum, but none of the themes were like mine.

I have been vaping for about two months. The kit I am using is vaporesso Target 200, and the coil is a 0.2 Ohm GTi one. I generally use it at 60W. The coil recommendation wattage is between 60 and 75 W.

Before changing to a new liquid, I remove every part of the atomizer, wash every part with warm water, and let it dry. After this process, I prime the coil carefully, like dripping two drops of liquid into the coil from every hole on the coil until the liquid starts to overflow from the coil. Lastly, I fill the glass reservoir with liquid and let it sit for 30 minutes in order to let the coil absorb the liquid.

For about one month, I used lemon tart. I did not have any problem with it aside from the fact that the lemon flavour decreased when I reached the last bottle of three.

For three days, whatever flavour I use, I can smell the dominant flavour of the liquid, but when I vape them, they taste bad, like they are decayed. The liquids I use are from trusted providers in my country, so no one complains about them. Aside from that, I have a liquid that you may be familiar with: one hit wonder Muffin Man. I can clearly smell the apple, but it tastes nothing like apple or cinnamon. I checked every time I change the coil to see if it was burned or not. The cotton in the coil was as white as it should be, with no burning or any brownish parts.

These flavours have a VG/PG ratio of 70–30 and contain 9 mg/mL nicotine.

From the process of elemination, the problem must lie with me. I wonder if anyone has experienced anything like this. What could be the problem?

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    With a new liquid (flavour) I changed to a new coil. I did not reuse the coil.
    The liquid could be too fresh, a bad batch, or you have vapor’s tongue (you temporarily lose your sense of taste).

Last edited:

heihachi

Nov 13, 2023
    Turkey
    @smacuser ,
    Thank you for the reply. As your suggestion, I will let the liquids, which taste bad for me, sit still for a while for steeping - I don't know "steeping" is the right term here. I will occasionally shake them to make them sreep better. After that, if they still taste bad, I will trow them.

Ad for vapor’s tongue, I have been using asap grape since morning, and I can taste a little bir of grape and something mentolish, but nothing tastes bad like the other flavours. I am confused :)

@Letitia ,
    Although I didn't write in my first message, I tried different wattages and airflow. Unfortunately, nothing changed. I will try to use a 0.4 ohm coil. Thank you!

Last edited:

heihachi

Nov 13, 2023
    Turkey
    I mentioned that the taste of Asap grape was not unpleasant, but it began to change slightly towards the evening. The mentholish flavour continues, but instead of grapes, a nasty taste that I've had in other liquids began to emerge. I suppose the problem is with me. I started to think that anything fruity tastes bad for me. I will try some liquids with honey, coffee, cookie etc.

Last edited:

no|ah

Dec 11, 2023
    Connecticut, USA
    Deep cleaning wouldn't hurt. After being in use for over a long time without periodic cleaning, stubborn residue can build up and persist after washing. Seems like it can alter flavor, especially with more mild juice.

I like to wrap a toothpick in paper towel or a thin clean rag, and use it to get into all the cracks and crevices in the sink with soap and water (with a drain stopper so you don't lose anything down the drain). Then I'll do it again dry (i.e. dry atomizer, dry or damp paper towel wrapped around the toothpick); if the toothpick comes out discolored, I use grain alcohol, being mindful to keep it away from o-rings.

Some people use ultrasonic cleaners IIRC. They are expensive though.

Reactions: Letitia

Users who are viewing this thread