No taste no smell only for some aromas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadrian21

Dec 3, 2016
Romania
I have some strange issues about taste:
I recently had some issues with capella and egoist:
took the bottle, read the mixing ratio, did the mix.

With capella orange juice:
first try after 2 days - like there was only base in my atty with no flavour. Smell almost not present. Went back to the store - no more capella orange juice flavour. Bought from another brand put flavour in my mix and now it is too strong.

With egoist no 23 grand reserve :
first try immediately after mixing: taste much too strong, almost like vaping pure flavour
second try after one week: very good, loved it
third: loved it too
fourth: taste almost disappears. Smell still good
all next: no more taste - like I vape just the base. Even when I squeeze the bottle I barely feel some smell. The mix is less then 1 month old and kept in a special dark cabinet.

With egoist no 8 White castle:
First try after 1 day: pure base not even smell from the bottle squeeze present.
Even more interesting - after 5-10 draws my whole mouth gets numb - like eating very hot soup.
so not feeling any taste by first draw pretty much excludes the vapours tongue.

In the whole time in my other atty I had pinkman. Taste and smell great and constant even after 70 ml vaped. Use both atty's all the time.
Both atty have the same build - kanthal of 0,4 mm coils at 0,7-0,8 ohm and 15W mtl
All mixes with a base pure vg with 13,5% water (mixed by manufacturer)
egoist no 23 mixed 20 ml flavour and 80 ml base - so 20% flavour
egoist no 8 mixed 20 ml flavour and 55 ml base - so 26% flavour - more flavour thinking vg base is the missing taste problem.
Nicotine about 6-9%.
always drink something while vaping.
Initially I vaped at 20W and thought the vapour was too hot and burning my tongue. Went down to 10W nothing changed except vapour production.
All expiration dates checked, bottles were sealed...

I can't explain all this and it gets frustrating and costly as I made the mistake of using 100 ml bottles for mixing and with the ones I don't like I have now 1/2 litre of e-juice to trow away!
I really tried to make everything by the book!
Any help and advise is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread