Smells and tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
I was in the shower and had this thought, perhaps you guys can help me out.

A while back ago i was vaping this new juice, a local juice from Amsterdam and one of them made me think about it. The juice was called Vincent van Gogh, a famous painter and it tasted like chocolate mixed with other stuff.. Then i thought, why not absinthe, because the painter cutted his ear while being intoxicated. Then i thought... why not sun flowers? Why are there no sun flower tastes on the market? (he made a lot of paintings with sunflowers on it) I mean it smells nice, can't taste that bad. Then i realized, we only vape food/drink like things. Is there a particular reason for that? Is it because those aroma's are available and fda approved and sunflowers and other stuff are not?

Why can't we vape, fart smells? what's the taste of mustard gas? or even gasoline smells? Not that we want too, i'm just talking about if it's possible to make these tastes/smells without the harmful effect? [removed]

I'm no scientist or chemist by any means but the next thing i could think of is because that's not how smells and tastes work. In order to get a certain smell, it must be that particular chemical, which we will taste/smell hits the nose and mouth and then convert it into our brains as a certain smell? In other words, it's impossible to make a true genuine mustard gas vape, without the harmful effect?

Hope i'm making any sense over here, this is just some brain play from my side.

Last edited by a moderator:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Forum Rules

15. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

The First Amendment refers to the Government, not private sites.

Ongeslepen

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Amsterdamaged
Forum Rules

15. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

The First Amendment refers to the Government, not private sites.

yeah, i tried to delete my post, and then thinking of something good to say but figured there was no point. I'm not an american and quite frankly don't care about the amendments ;)

Anyway, i comply for the sake of the vape. :) No hard feelings!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The original purpose of taste is to help us figure out what to eat and what to avoid. Some tastes you'll gag on. Hint hint, don't eat that. I want to keep my vape as simple as possible. I'm used to a very small amount of one flavoring just to cut the taste of the other ingredients. I smoked one brand of cigarettes, not 20. It doesn't need to be any different with vaping. I'm told, when anyone notices, which is rare, that my vape smells vaguely like maple syrup.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I was in the shower and had this thought, perhaps you guys can help me out.

A while back ago i was vaping this new juice, a local juice from Amsterdam and one of them made me think about it. The juice was called Vincent van Gogh, a famous painter and it tasted like chocolate mixed with other stuff.. Then i thought, why not absinthe, because the painter cutted his ear while being intoxicated. Then i thought... why not sun flowers? Why are there no sun flower tastes on the market? (he made a lot of paintings with sunflowers on it) I mean it smells nice, can't taste that bad. Then i realized, we only vape food/drink like things. Is there a particular reason for that? Is it because those aroma's are available and fda approved and sunflowers and other stuff are not?

Why can't we vape, fart smells? what's the taste of mustard gas? or even gasoline smells? Not that we want too, i'm just talking about if it's possible to make these tastes/smells without the harmful effect? [removed]

I'm no scientist or chemist by any means but the next thing i could think of is because that's not how smells and tastes work. In order to get a certain smell, it must be that particular chemical, which we will taste/smell hits the nose and mouth and then convert it into our brains as a certain smell? In other words, it's impossible to make a true genuine mustard gas vape, without the harmful effect?

Hope i'm making any sense over here, this is just some brain play from my side.
Hot Chinese mustard..

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I also smoked one brand of cigarettes. When I first quit smoking it was Buck Naked American and Turkish Tobacco Flavors that I mixed. Until that wonderful day I actually found a Flavor I could tolerate which was Fruit By The Drop Tropical Fruit but that started to kill my coils from sweeteners I believe. So now with DIY and flavors I have found I have over 60 flavors to choose from between store bought and my own concoctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread