Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Nicfix sorry to say but it has got to be something your doing heads and rba section need to be screwed in tight but as I said the tank itself not so much also are you absolutely sure you've got authentic subtanks not the clones as the cheaper clones do leak a fair bit but of the 25 subtanks originals, plus and minis that I and friends own none of them have leaking issues.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
they have the scratch off. I would assume they are real. I bet it is something I am doing. I have no idea though. I am really disappointed in myself now. otherwise the things are really super. just leave a puddle on my desk probably due to my ineptness. the only thing that is definite is kanger never has a full size drip tip hole but that is no big deal. the hole is actually as big as the two on the mini. I did not look close enough. I guess I am just fudging this somehow and have no idea how. I agree though it is most likely my doing and not kangers product. kanger would not release a tank that drained in 15 minutes. I heed to what you say but to no avail. perhaps they are fake. that would be nasty because I paid full price for each one at nice storefront. I do appreciate your advice however.

I also apologize for multiple posts in this thread. I am just baffled and frustrated. I gather I am the culprit nonetheless as you say.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
they have the scratch off. I would assume they are real. I bet it is something I am doing. I have no idea though. I am really disappointed in myself now. otherwise the things are really super. just leave a puddle on my desk probably due to my ineptness. the only thing that is definite is kanger never has a full size drip tip hole but that is no big deal. the hole is actually as big as the two on the mini. I did not look close enough. I guess I am just fudging this somehow and have no idea how. I agree though it is most likely my doing and not kangers product. kanger would not release a tank that drained in 15 minutes. I heed to what you say but to no avail. perhaps they are fake. that would be nasty because I paid full price for each one at nice storefront. I do appreciate your advice however.

I also apologize for multiple posts in this thread. I am just baffled and frustrated. I gather I am the culprit nonetheless as you say.

probably it is authentic as they just came out, possible manufacturing defect, see if u can get it exchanged

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
figured this out sort of but very odd. the coil does not screw to the chimney as I thought with out looking. the bottom airflow assy. screws to the frame. the coil slips over the chimney. now, the bottom screws on fine without the coil. the coil slips over the tube fine. together they won't budge. I am guessing the tube is bent which I suppose a can easily fix. the entire unit assembles fine with the plus base on the subtank v1. which leads me to believe the tube is not straight enough. fyi, all parts of the v1 and plus are interchangeable. all you get is a slightly better airflow base and the mini rba. nice trick kanger.

as I thought I called the gentleman and he informed final sale. if I cannot bend the tube right I will get strong with him unfortunately.

as for the leak it stopped once there was no kink in the tube(using v1 tank). duh. I am off to attempt to straighten the tube then.

base, fixed. leak, fixed. should not have required diy. I will now rethink patronizing establishments with such draconian polices other than they have everything. that, and I just pulled a bad coil out of the box for my newly remodeled subtank..
in the end it is all good but required a lot of bs. I hope I did not drive you guys nuts. thank you for the advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: vjdossey

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
I've got a bunch of ST Mini's and 2 of the new ST Plus...only time I have had leaking issues with any of them was when I didn't screw down the occ coils tight enough, never had any issues with the rba...loving the new ST Plus, threading seems even better than my mini's, slightly better airflow...and absolutely love the 7ml capacity...great tank!! Picked mine up for $29.99...unbelievable deal for what you get.

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
Mine is still on the way from Sweet Vapes.

I've had very little problems with any of them. I have the original ST and two minis. I passed on the Nano due to no rebuilding. The only time I had leak problems was with the o-ring being put back in upside down. Other than that, no leaks.

The one other problem I had was with the barrel on the rebuildable part of one of my minis. I couldn't get it off after using it when I got it. I ended up ruining it trying to get it off. ...... me off, but I still could use the OCC.

Here's hoping that problem got fixed with the ST Plus.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it is completely fixed. I am sorry I made such a big deal. I should not have to had to use my tools. on the other hand it was my choice to shop at such a place. the chimney is actually larger diameter on the plus. the thing is great now.

edit: if it were not for bad luck I would have none. now that I have it screwing together. ni200 coils are lasting one tank 7ml. in mini or v1 they lasted tank after tank. perhaps bending the chimney messed it up anyways. oh darnit. I think I will just put plus base on v1 tank even though chimney diameter is smaller. seems to work the same. my fault though for knowing final sale. that's all.

Last edited:

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
Quick question....so any battery 30W and up should be ok with this tanks, right? I'll be using the rebuilt coils, not the RBA. (And obviously the higher W battery the better). Any suggestions on reliable batteries? I'm a newb here considering I'm coming from a nautilus mini and a 20W istick. I honestly just want a bigger tanks that produces more flavor.

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
Quick question....so any battery 30W and up should be ok with this tanks, right? I'll be using the rebuilt coils, not the RBA. (And obviously the higher W battery the better). Any suggestions on reliable batteries? I'm a newb here considering I'm coming from a nautilus mini and a 20W istick. I honestly just want a bigger tanks that produces more flavor.

It's not the battery you should be wondering about. It's the wattage of your APV device. If you use that 20W iStick with the new Plus, you should be fine. I currently have it sitting on a Sigelei 150W using the RBA section. My coil reads at .9 ohms..... and I have it set to 17W.

The OCC's that come with it vary. It says on the side about the wattage range. If I remember right, the .5 OCC is good to 30W according to Kanger. Others may pump it higher. Get a dry hit, turn the wattage down.

Last edited:

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
My Subtank Plus should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait to get it. I have the original and the Mini, and love them both! I especially like the juice capacity on the larger ones. It's great for when you are going to be gone all day and don't want to bother with refilling!

You'll like it. No leaks, no problems. And yes, the additional 2 ml of capacity is nice.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
You'll like it. No leaks, no problems. And yes, the additional 2 ml of capacity is nice.

Thanks! I've got a Sigelei 150 for one of the larger tanks, and going to put the other on the E-Mech. I've got a Sigelei mini 30 watt coming with the plus, and I'll put the mini on that.

Those combinations, plus spare batteries should last me for at least a week when we are up in the woods of Maine without electricity this summer, and I won't have to worry about refilling them all the time, or losing the fill screws on the Kayfuns and Orchid!

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it's fine now. I should not have to have bent the tube but whatever. there defects but shame on that store. my fault for shopping there. I bent the tip of the tube hole a tiny bit but it does work fine. to me it seems tricky how tight you screw the base. this thing is super though. if I want to spend the money there is really no reason to use the rba.

I do feel the plus was a slight but reasonable upgrade from the subtank. just wish they had full size drip tip 510. I take it the 2ml is in the base? the parts are all interchangeable. I kind of like the two screws on top but not sure if I get the 2ml. plus it has smaller chimney but does not seem to make a difference. would you use the plus base on the subtank glass or not?

I did have a question though. the rba is tiny. how many loops should I use? they are $5 here so I really do need to go try the rba.

I appreciate your guys help and you were all correct in fact.

Reactions: darin khath

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
Thanks for the answers guys! One more question. Should I order the extra coils as 1.2 or .5? I'm not too sure. I will also be getting the iStick 50w if that makes a difference

Do the 1.2 first. If it's not enough for you, then get a set of .5's. Also, if you use the .5's, you'll go thru juice twice as fast.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I just screwed on another coil. it jammed again on the new coil. I am going back to him even though he said final sale. I will be polite. if things go downhill I will risk getting arrested with this guy. I have had it with him.

I am sorry I involved you guys in this. it is not the subtank but an issue between a store and myself. in fact it is very possible these all do not work because they are not authentic. this guy is a crook but I am not naming names. no one had these issues.

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
Do the 1.2 first. If it's not enough for you, then get a set of .5's. Also, if you use the .5's, you'll go thru juice twice as fast.

Awesome, that's exactly what I did. I couldn't sleep last night so I took a gamble and ordered the 1.2. Looks like I made the right choice. I'm not looking to blow through the juice twice as fast. The whole reason for getting the subtank plus is higher capacity and better flavor. Hoping it all works out. The nautilus mini and istick have been great to me.

I should also mention that I ordered a 50W istick as well, just incase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread