All Bully/scuba/gen Style v1,v2,v3,v3.5,v4 Rebuildables in this thread- Pictures Inside...Arriving next week Updated 9/8/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
I was having a small issue with the lquid pooling around the ring just above the threads on the inside, so i made a thin wick and arranged it in a circle on the ring with the tail sticking down just below the bottom of the atty shell, now no issues!

Also, does anyone elses get REALLY hot? Im alkin after about 4-5 drags its very hot to the touch.

Lastly my itaste keeps registering my bulli as 0.0 ohms and wont work, not sure why but it works fine on my gripper...

how do you read ohms with the itaste? thanks ahead

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
The iTaste reads the ohms but doesn't display them for you. Instead it displays a range of settings suitable for whatever atty/carto you're using. :) I don't know what he is reading on his iTaste :confused:

That's how mine works, hoping maybe the ones they just got in had a ohms readout

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
So for the experts, whats better nichrome or kanthal? Cotton or standard wick? SS mesh or wick, and if SS #400?

Ive been rebuilding, stardusts, phoenix BC but im kinda overwhelmed with where to get the wire, wick and SS nd what kins to get.

There's a HUGE thread in the modders forum about wicking materials. The OP raised a question about the safety of silica wicks and showed microscopic images that indicate that shards of silica can break off from the wick. It's questionable weather any such shards would make it to your lungs but if they did the body would have a hard time removing them. Cotton fibers may do the same but the material is organic and your body will clear it out. I haven't tried cotton yet but people say it's got a better flavor and wicks better.

Here's the thread for those with the time to read it (I've been following it off and on for a while):
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX

I might have to try that. I use the bully almost exclusively at work. I don't like to cary it because it will leak a bit from the air hole if it's not kept upright. I think it'd be great if there was maybe another air hole and an air flow control ring for adjusting it. Then when I wanted to stick it in my pocket I could just close off the air holes all together!

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I might have to try that. I use the bully almost exclusively at work. I don't like to cary it because it will leak a bit from the air hole if it's not kept upright. I think it'd be great if there was maybe another air hole and an air flow control ring for adjusting it. Then when I wanted to stick it in my pocket I could just close off the air holes all together!

You could always just tape it when carrying it, or a wide rubber band. My only prob with this thing is it gets fricken hot, burnt myself a few times now...

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Care to share the link for the Dual Coil, 2 vertical coils that you copied?

Errol

I actually ended up going back to a single coil. It seemed like it built up gunk a lot faster and since its a dripper kinda hard to keep up with the juice consumption, it went through a lot of juice fast and if i wasnt paying attention dry hits. The single vert coil is almost as nice, less vapor and TH, but similar flavor, but still a lot incomparison to anyhting else ive used.

Between this and my SRT, which i need to put thicker wicks in, im pretty much set and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread