Your favorite type of atomizers?

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Im curious,

I think i asked something similar before but i feel like doing it again for fun lol since i see some new faces here...

Question is what type of atomizers do you like the most and why?
rda, RTA, RDTA, Subohm tanks, or Pods?

For me i love a real good RDA,
its something i just cant be without, but a RTA comes close second place as my favorite atty,
i also use sub tanks but usually when i go places so if i drop it it wont be a rta haha

You guys?

My current favorite RDAS are Valhalla v2 micro 25mm, the new Dead Rabbit Pro (awesome airflow) - usually dead rabbits are just OK but the new pro one is killer! Almost on par with my valhalla that has a ultem insert prob cause of the bottom and side airflow it has, 2023 rdas has gotton crazy good imo..
Wanna try the wasp nano plus next the new dual coil one probably really good too.

On rta anyone tried the osiris 25mm?
Should i order one is it good?

Ok i talked enough for now lol

Reactions: Fidola13

mr cumulus

Sep 29, 2023
USA
I love the Wasp Nano. RDAs are still the best for flavor in my mind. But I don't like carrying ejuice around when I'm out of the house so I usually use either a Fireluke 4 or a XROS 3 Mini.

I never have figured out how to properly build and wick an RTA, but I have an Alberich II and a Berserker V3 coming so I'm excited to start flooding coils again.

Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I use RDAs exclusively except for an occasional RTA. The flavor and density is par none especially if the top is concave that keeps all that great flavor from dissipating. The mouth I’d closer to the coils as well which again helps keep the flavor in the chamber for a fantastic taste.

My favorite RBAs are hands down the dead rabbit v3, THC solo or max, definitely the Nitrous and Atlas.

Anyone who hasn’t tried a single or double RDA is really really missing out on some incredible flavors. And what’s more the flavor notes are accentuated by using different atomizers. I’m still get surprised at how low flavor notes can be with different attys.

Some accentuate high flavor notes others low flavor notes. It’s fun to experiment and see what you stumble on.

Vaping is so awesome especially this forum where you’ll get all kinds of advice including battery safety.

Enjoy!!

Reactions: MLEJ

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Rdta or RDA. By a mile. The key is the r, and the reason is price. The math is crazy.

All the non rebuildable are multiple times more expensive long term than anything else.

That they are even used by people not able to quit quickly stuns me.

If they were even only somewhat more expensive it could be reasonable, but they’re not. Not even vaguely close. A rebuildable pays for itself inside 6 months, so if one is going to be Vaping that long (so not quite everyone, but close), and even most people trying to quit are, there is zero reason to use anything else. Yes. They DO have a higher initial cost, and they aren’t actually any better Vape quality wise, sometimes even a bit worse if you build badly, but unless cartridges were well under a dollar a piece and my memeory is they’re more like $5, they beat cartrige tanks, by multiple times. If they were a buck apiece they’d STILL be multiple times more expensive. The number where “only somewhat more expesive”is for me is more like a dime apiece and while that is STILL multiple times more expensive, it’s a low enough number I can ignore it for a few years. Everything else is worse. Often much worse than even a cartridge tank.

I’ve bought a few disposables over the years, but ONLY because I didn’t have access to anything else where I was. Once I was stuck in a mall for multiple hours and I’d forgotten my mod. The others were so many years earlier I have forgotten why.

I can see why a kid would buy a pod. If you get something confiscated it’s better to lose less. I’m not illegal though so it doesn’t happen to me.

As it is if I have to buy a mod as a kit I leave it in the box and STILL save money. The cost of the entire cartrige tank is saved by the time the cartridges it came with run out. So there’s literally no point. It’s THAT much pricier.

Wicking anything is 1/3rd of a cotton ball and 6 inches of wire. Less than a penny. Or maybe a few Pennies. It depends on the cotton quality. And if you have a cartridge tank or a pod system that is what you are paying for (plus a bit of metal or plastic that costs even less). EVERY TIME. It’s insane. Non rebuildable HAVE gotten better. So much so that to equal them I’ve got to use fused Claptons that are a massive pain in the ... to make. A store bought fused clapton coil still lasts multiple times longer and is multiple times cheaper than a non-rebuildable though. The only place disposables make sense is prisons and public schools where the entire device is regularly confiscated.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Rdta or RDA. By a mile. The key is the r, and the reason is price. The math is crazy.

All the non rebuildable are multiple times more expensive long term than anything else.

That they are even used by people not able to quit quickly stuns me if they were only somewhat more expensive it would be reasonable, but they’re not. A rebuildable pays for itself inside 6 months, so if one is going to be Vaping that long, and even most people trying to quit are, there is zero reason to use anything else. Yes. They DO have a higher initial cost, and they aren’t actually any better Vape quality wise, sometimes even a bit worse if you build badly, but unless cartridges were well under a dollar a piece and my memeory is they’re more like $5, they beat cartrige tanks, and everything else is worse. Often much worse than even a cartridge tank. I’ve bought a few disposables over the years, but ONLY because I didn’t have access to anything else where I was. Once I was stuck in a mall for multiple hours and I’d forgotten my mod. The others were so many years earlier I have forgotten why.

I can see why a kid would buy a pod. If you get something confiscated it’s better to lose less. I’m not illegal though so it doesn’t happen to me.

As it is if I have to buy a mod as a kit I leave it in the box and STILL save money. The cost of the entire cartrige tank is saved by the time the cartridges it came with run out. So there’s literally no point. It’s THAT much pricier.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Nothing wrong with lazy, only problem with blister pack coils for me is that they keep changing 'em so the ones I would need are (mostly) not available. I prefer to rebuild primarily for that reason. Definitely prefer larger easy to build on decks though, my eye sight ain't what it once was.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Nothing wrong with lazy, only problem with blister pack coils for me is that they keep changing 'em so the ones I would need are (mostly) not available. I prefer to rebuild primarily for that reason. Definitely prefer larger easy to build on decks though, my eye sight ain't what it once was.

Some of us got a little carried away with the "Stockpile" concept, back in 2016 & 2019. Let's just say that I'm "Kinda okay" on coils*. :facepalm::blush:

Thankfully, three of my kids vape too. At least the stuff won't go to waste when I leave the planet! Although, I'd pay to see them fighting over who gets what... :lol:

* and mods, and nic, and tips, and cotton, and wire, and-and-and...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Yup. I have a few tanks that came with the mod, no other way to purchase (at the time), and none of those use the same coils. Nope, not going to stock tons of boxes for 10 different ones for the long haul. Kanthal and rayon for me, never run out, always compatible with the RTAs I use :)

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Some of us got a little carried away with the "Stockpile" concept, back in 2016 & 2019. Let's just say that I'm "Kinda okay" on coils*. :facepalm::blush:

Thankfully, three of my kids vape too. At least the stuff won't go to waste when I leave the planet! Although, I'd pay to see them fighting over who gets what... :lol:

* and mods, and nic, and tips, and cotton, and wire, and-and-and...
    Well if you already got em no reason not to use em I guess. My issue with them is over time it can become a really pricey way to vape. Nearly 100x the cost of rebuildables. Pods are even worse. If they’re paid for though it ceases to matter.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Well if you already got em no reason not to use em I guess. My issue with them is over time it can become a really pricey way to vape. Nearly 100x the cost of rebuildables. Pods are even worse. If they’re paid for though it ceases to matter.

I've been doing a combination of both (builds & blisters) for many years now. In fact, one of the coils I stocked up are the rebuildable CLRs. I just find myself leaning more and more towards the pre-built ones lately (over the past year or so).

That said, I doubt I'll EVER not have at least ONE build active, because the Erlkonigin is STILL my favorite all-time for flavor.

Anything's possible though.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2014
    Northern virginia
    I've been doing a combination of both (builds & blisters) for many years now. In fact, one of the coils I stocked up are the rebuildable CLRs. I just find myself leaning more and more towards the pre-built ones lately (over the past year or so).

That said, I doubt I'll EVER not have at least ONE build active, because the Erlkonigin is STILL my favorite all-time for flavor.

Anything's possible though.
    I still roll my Erlkonigin!!

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    The thread is certainly just as relevant.
    I've never had a Pod, nor disposables.

Everything I have has always been a stock coil atty, or rebuildable. I've used / tried nautilus, z coil, pnp, dotmod, the only one I've kept is Innokin's Z Coil, I'm trying to phase it out as well. Adding that the Z coil is a 1.2 ohm. I love Innokin since it was one kit from them + Kayfun Prime that got me off the cigarette in 2020. Prime is still a very good mtl atty, even if it has many years behind it.

I have lots of RDA, RBA, RDTA, and even more RTA's, right around 50.
    My favorite is Steampipes Cabeo in mtl, closely followed by Fev vs dual, with Tripod v2, Aer, GG Caspardina, Dvarw 16 close behind

Users who are viewing this thread