I just want to share this vape shopping adventure...

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
So, because my country has so many bans, as online sales ban, flavour ban etc, etc.
I thought, lets go to a good vape shop in Germany. It was a bit of a drive, but I found a nice one.

I was browsing and then my wife (who does not vape or smoke) said, "Look, a bargain bin"

I found around 13 older RTA's from the bins that said 5 and 7 Euro. Everything brand new in boxes. Most were in plastic.

Some Dead Rabbit (not mtl) RTA's
some dotmod dotmtl? RTA's
a couple of Vapefly Brunhilde RTA's not MTL
Some Vapefly Galaxies' mtl RTA's
A OBS Engine MTL RTA
A Digiflavor Aura RDA
Vandyvape Mesh RDA, dont see a name on the box so maybe its called Mesh RDA.
I also found some funny coloured Digiflavor Helix mods

And I bought a Dead Rabbit MTL RTA for full sticker price. Which was what I was actually looking for. I liked the reviews.

I thought most would just go into my "Museum", and for 5-7 Euro's each, I would not really care. So I just bought all boxes.
When home however, I build 5-6 (lost count) of them, and they are all good or some even awesome.

Tried the Galaxies, Bit drippy when filling, thought the airflow would be fiddly, but turns out good. Looks nice, Good flavour. Nice airflow.

Tried Dotmod dotmtl Plastic tank? wont crack? be careful not to knock of the glass when filling, tank is locked by the drip tip. Looks nice, good flavour. Nice airflow.

Tried Brunhilde, looks huge, more bulky but less tall than the Kayfun 5. Bit crazy with the 4 SS Cable wick. I never liked this system, but reviews say it wicks. Put in the two coils that came with it. Not sure, have CSS, but i think staple or multiple core clapton. Vapes just fine, just a bit crazy.

Tried the OBS Engine MTL, Actually no negatives. Nice stumpy look, vapes great, good flavour. Good airflow. Solid tank.

And of course the Dead Rabbit MTL RTA. I like it a lot. This tank made me realize that my Kayfun 5 does not tight enough. So after years of use, i modded my Kayfun to go tighter, still testing though
The Dead Rabbit delivers. I like the real tootlyness. Big drip tip, tight and looks great. Using it on the second smallest airflow, perfect.

All the ones I tried are top fill (or side fill Brunhilde)
All easy to build, most are like Kayfun 5. Only the Dotmtl has the wick gap in the threads, don't like this system, but was not an issue. Also has a strange wire clamp that clamps both leads with just one screw.

And then the craziest thing. I also bought a disposable to just try. A SKE Crystal Bar with the flavour Blue Fusion. It was a bit of a disappointment at first, on the way back in the car, it didn't want to start. But after blowing on it, it started. And my first drag was like WOW. It was like my first time i tasted Coca Cola. No, this does not taste like cola at all. But the flavour is such a huge explosion. Nothing I ever tried. I like Vampire Vape Heisenberg, I thought that was strong, but this was like vaping pure flavourings, and the worst part was that i really liked it. Awesome throat hit and flavour. So I am going to try to get this as a juice (it exists, but very hard to get in my country)

Will add some pictures later. Oh and the Crystal bar died when home, battery was under 3V, I fixed that.

Dotmod.jpg

Dotmod

Brunhilde.jpg

Brunhilde
Galaxies.jpg

Galaxies
ObsEngineWithDigiflavormod.jpg

Digiflavor strange mod with the OBS Engine
DeadRabbitMtl.jpg

Dead Rabbit MTL
AuraRDA.jpg

Aura RDA
MeshRDA.jpg

mesh RDA
Crystal_DeadRabbitMod.jpg

And last but not least, Dead Rabbit RTA with my Crystal Bar Mod!

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I also found some funny coloured Digiflavor Helix mods
Those are a favorite mod of an ECF member who's a good friend. She has a variety of ProVaris, Geek Vape Aegis, Eleaf iSticks, many Innokin mods, etc., etc....and she still prefers the Digiflavor Helix as an everyday, all day mod. She was lamenting awhile back that she only had 3 of them now and wished she'd bought more.

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
Watch out for those disposables. They're highly addictive. I bought some to take on a trip to Italy. I justified buying more, saying I'll only use them at work, but I used them all the time. I finally had to quit buying them.
Oh, for sure. And not only because of the high nicotine. I can feel the rush from it. I hear they only last for a day for some people.

I am always very careful with nicotine salts. These bars for me last about a week and a day. After the battery is empty, i open them up, and refill it with some fresh PG and connect it to my Dead rabbit crystal bar mod (see picture). It will last a few more days like that. Half flavor is still a lot.

Most of the day I just tootlepuff my KayfunV5 and my new Dead Rabbit MTL with 6mg nicotine.

Oh, forgot to mention, these bars in my country can only have max 20mg nicotine, but still for me it is a rush. But nothing like the 50mg bars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falconeer

Darksand

Oct 27, 2013
Europe
Those are a favorite mod of an ECF member who's a good friend. She has a variety of ProVaris, Geek Vape Aegis, Eleaf iSticks, many Innokin mods, etc., etc....and she still prefers the Digiflavor Helix as an everyday, all day mod. She was lamenting awhile back that she only had 3 of them now and wished she'd bought more.
They are nice, if it was a bit nicer color, I would like it. It is very lightweight and still sturdy. It just has a funny color for me.

Users who are viewing this thread