Why I don't like the new Aurora BFT - a newb review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
I like the concept of the Aurora BFT, but it looks like it is cheaply made out of poor quality materials- like most made in China products. I'm sure someone will take the same concept and develop a quality bottom-feeder that will be worth trying out.

Sorry, but I need to respectfully disagree, on your estimation of the materials quality of the BFT and on your generalizations...

I have the BFT in my little fist at the moment - or at least I would have, if I weren't typing - and it is VERY well made. Very good quality materials, accurately engineered. Vision is known for this, with good reason. It is definitely worth trying out - as several of us have. Go take a look at Mike Todd's youtube review...

Vision, like KangerTech, joyetech and innokin, and myriad others, are top-rated Chinese designers and manufacturers. Their products are not shoddy in the least. But if you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em.:vapor:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Sorry, but I need to respectfully disagree, on your estimation of the materials quality of the BFT and on your generalizations...

I have the BFT in my little fist at the moment - or at least I would have, if I weren't typing - and it is VERY well made. Very good quality materials, accurately engineered. Vision is known for this, with good reason. It is definitely worth trying out - as several of us have. Go take a look at Mike Todd's youtube review...

Vision, like KangerTech, Joyetech and Innokin, and myriad others, are top-rated Chinese designers and manufacturers. Their products are not shoddy in the least. But if you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em.:vapor:

It may be great for something that costs $25. That's the issue, though. I'd rather pay significantly more for something I consider to be of good quality and looks.

I like the ProTank2, but the drip tip and bottom cap are junk. They may be the best that can be produced for a clearo tank that retails for $20, but adding $25 worth of well-machined parts to the ProTank2 makes it a quality device, to me.

Maggie3199

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2013
Ohio

Vision, like KangerTech, Joyetech and Innokin, and myriad others, are top-rated Chinese designers and manufacturers. Their products are not shoddy in the least. But if you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em.:vapor:

That video is exactly why I ordered mine from the UK before they were available here. I don't have it yet because the Hubs and I travel for our business and a stop over at home may be another week or two away.:unsure:

Oh and hello Maggie from Maggie in Ohio....US! :vapor:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Peraspera, can you post a photo of yours with the o-rings showing so I know exactly what to replace, and where they should be seated?
I initially missed seeing one of the o-rings. There are two of them. The top washer seems to be seated quite tightly in a channel. The bottom washer comes out easily.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For what it's worth, I just found this announcement that Got Gripes has them now. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/462585-its-here-folks-gotvapes-premieres-new-aurora-bft-bottom-fed-tank-top-atomizer-kit-all-colors.html

At their selling price of $27.95 I just can't see it. I'm just gonna wait for the next Vapage sale and get a lot more for less than twice the cost of this very low capacity device. That's how I see it. Maybe if they came down to twenty bucks, but at these prices... not for me anyway.

Wonder whatever happened to their exclusive naming rights? Oh well...

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
People on that thread are wanting more of that atty and GV said they would be getting them and I believe he mentioned bottles too.

One person shows a picture of it on a pipe mod. What a good idea!

Mine is working fine, especially after I realized I'd goofed and turned my voltage up way to high in error :blush:

Just keep practicing.

When one is feeding they are feeding directly into the bottom hole of the atty connection, not into a chamber, like the vmod design. As I have a 510 threaded atty I like, I've been using that.

While I was waiting for my first feeder to be made, I learned how to drip. That skill enabled me to avoid dry hits and overflooding and made the learning curve to a feeder much easier. There is a big thread with people who drip all the time that's pretty active and Ocelot has a good blog on the subject, for anyone who wants to learn more on dripping technique.

Last edited:

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I initially missed seeing one of the o-rings. There are two of them. The top washer seems to be seated quite tightly in a channel. The bottom washer comes out easily.

Thanks for doing that! OK so I do have the o-rings - mine are just a lot harder to see because they are clear (where yours look white).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread