Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Thanks Raynman. Yes, black6host, you entirely misinterpreted my post. My apologies.

In my defense, my current build is only 0.20Ω. The thing about the juice is true, though. For convenience purposes, I've replaced my 6mL bottle with a 60 gallon keg that I just sort of lug around.

Edit: Here are some pics from a few weeks ago. The build below is 0.28Ω.

Cool! What can I say...... No apologies needed, sorry for not understanding. Thanks for the pics. I lmao when I read the first sentence of the post below yours and looked at the last pic you posted. I ain't never seen an analog come out like that :)

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
On a fuse modded Reo! The reason that the new rebuild kits are eagerly awaited is that running a regular Reo like that will kill your springs and so on.

You also need to use high drain batteries, 30A are usual, to power it, on a Reo or any mod you do that on. That's a little safety warning in there!

I run sub-ohm coils all the time, but the lowest i can go on a stock grand is about 0.6Ω and that's a good ADV, but the mod needs cleaning every couple of days. Since i make my own juice, rather than pay huge amounts for bought ones, i am not bothered about juice consumption as much as i am about keeping away from cigarettes!

T

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
On a fuse modded Reo! The reason that the new rebuild kits are eagerly awaited is that running a regular Reo like that will kill your springs and so on.

You also need to use high drain batteries, 30A are usual, to power it, on a Reo or any mod you do that on. That's a little safety warning in there!

I run sub-ohm coils all the time, but the lowest i can go on a stock grand is about 0.6Ω and that's a good ADV, but the mod needs cleaning every couple of days. Since i make my own juice, rather than pay huge amounts for bought ones, i am not bothered about juice consumption as much as i am about keeping away from cigarettes!

T

Ah, good point T. Should have mentioned: Don't try this at home. I am using the fuse mod, a brass FP, and Sony VTC4s. Thanks for that.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Ah, good point T. Should have mentioned: Don't try this at home. I am using the fuse mod, a brass FP, and Sony VTC4s. Thanks for that.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the fuse mod, I'd like one. I saw a picture of a Reo with a 10amp fuse like those found in cars. Thought they came stock that way :) Where did you get the brass FP? Batteries I'm good on. Got a bunch of quality 30amps on hand including VTC4s. Did your brass FP take care of arcing issues I've heard of with flat top batteries?

Thanks again!

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the fuse mod, I'd like one. I saw a picture of a Reo with a 10amp fuse like those found in cars. Thought they came stock that way :) Where did you get the brass FP? Batteries I'm good on. Got a bunch of quality 30amps on hand including VTC4s. Did your brass FP take care of arcing issues I've heard of with flat top batteries?

Thanks again!
Cut and bend a .010 or .012 inch brass feeler gauge. But if you can wait a few weeks the kit from Rob will perform even better.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Cut and bend a .010 or .012 inch brass feeler gauge. But if you can wait a few weeks the kit from Rob will perform even better.

Correct. A regular old pair of scissors will do. Make sure you have a rebuild kit handy. And yes, the fuse people use is generally a 10A car fuse. Mine is 15A, as a 10A blows in about a second with my build.

Search: "what spring" by title only, author "pdib"

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Correct. A regular old pair of scissors will do. Make sure you have a rebuild kit handy. And yes, the fuse people use is generally a 10A car fuse. Mine is 15A, as a 10A blows in about a second with my build.

Search: "what spring" by title only, author "pdib"

Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for that beefed up kit like a lot of folks, I'm sure. Think I'll see/do that first and then go from there. Hope to hear you chime in on the kit when it becomes available.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks for the info. I'm waiting for that beefed up kit like a lot of folks, I'm sure. Think I'll see/do that first and then go from there. Hope to hear you chime in on the kit when it becomes available.

If all goes according to planned, there won't be anywhere from there to go.

Koudotai

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Canyon Country
I sub ohm cause it keeps me from smokinh. I enjoy the intense hit

Also with the vape being really warm it helps the feel of a hit.

By sub ohm and having thst intener warm vape I have dropped my nicotine from my start of april 2013 at 32mg to now at 1 mg and doesn't bother me.

I truthfully enjoy not vaping for a long time then getting that super intense vape.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

This sums it up for me as well. Better throat hit, warmer vapor, better vapor production, flavor tastes just right for me. With sub-ohm I feel fine just vaping for 15 mins every 2 to 3 hours or so.

When I started vaping I was at 12mg. Dropped down to 6 when I started using RDA's. Dropped down to 3 when I started sub-ohming. Now I'm slowly cutting my way down to 0. :D

If I try anything higher than about 4-5mg on my drip sub-ohm it has me coughing more than a 13 year old trying his daddy's cigarettes for the first time. Hahahaha. :vape:

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
May I suggest something really basic and uncomplicated?
Have you tried decreasing your PG ratio in your juice? Try perhaps 50/50 PG/VG? VG increase will mellow out the throat hit harshness AND produce more clouds of vapor!!!!
Just sayin'!

50/50 as a decrease? How curious... Us sub-ohmers prefer 80/20 or above.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
He mentioned that he vapes 80% PG and 20% VG. I'm simply saying if he added more VG to the mix it would mellow out the harshness!

Actually, I gave that a go last night. Both to cut the nic level and see if the vape was less harsh. A good experience all around. I'll be doing all my juices with a 30/70 (pg/vg) split in the future.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Actually, I gave that a go last night. Both to cut the nic level and see if the vape was less harsh. A good experience all around. I'll be doing all my juices with a 30/70 (pg/vg) split in the future.

Wow, went from 1 extreme to the other. :)
Glad I could help with the suggestion!
Much mellower hit and much more plumage!
I suggest you dry burn your coils more often and replace wicks more often now with heavier VG as it's so much thicker and will gunk up the coil more than high PG juice.
You may need to either d

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Wow, went from 1 extreme to the other. :)
Glad I could help with the suggestion!
Much mellower hit and much more plumage!
I suggest you dry burn your coils more often and replace wicks more often now with heavier VG as it's so much thicker and will gunk up the coil more than high PG juice.
You may need to either d

Yeah, I tend to extremes from time to time :) I change my wick pretty much daily anyway, so shouldn't be a maintenance issue. One of the advantages of cotton, it's so easy to rewick. So far my coils last until I want to try a different res. Still trying to figure out what I like in the way of how I wick my cotton. I've tried a lot of different things, as seen here on ECF. Most I've been pretty happy with, but they all seem to have their own personality, so to speak. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way!

rarruda7

Feb 24, 2014
new jersey
The harshness mainly lies in the nicotine content, if I am running a .4-.6 ill run 0 nic or 6 if im feeling like a good bite. 12 or 24 would kick like a mule in a dripping atomizer. The reason people sub-ohm (mainly in drippers) is because you can get enormous clouds and VERY full flavor out of your liquid. Some liquids you try in testers and may like or not like do the exact opposite when you drip them. As SavePaperVapor said though they go through liquid at an alarming rate, especially if you are chain vaping.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
I was poking around today finding information on the Sony VTC5 batteries and ran across a video and this guy is running .08 ohm coils. Comments were this is super sub ohm coils. Seems a little ( a lot) crazy to me. Each to their own I guess but I hope no one blows their nose off. Yes thats point zero eight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread