Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
The guys and ID 10 T or just plain fibbing. That coil would pull over 50 amps.
Here's the video I saw this on. He comments on the battery and .08 ohm coil at the 8 minute mark.

and one of the comments when someone said he must have misspoke about .08

"Below .1 is a ohm range a lot of Sub ohm "cloud chasers" vape at to get an insane hit. Just got to makes sure you have an awesome battery"

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I like 1.2 to 1.4 ohm. per coil. and I like lots of coils.
hit a .35 ohm quad micro coil and tell me that isn't some of the most flavorful vapor you've ever had.
My next build is going to be 4x parallel micros at .18. The guy at the local vape shop showed me this coil, keeps wire temp low for the power level. I can't wait to build it. too bad I melted down my quad genesis.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Insane is the operative word here. Not because he's vaping at 220 watts but because he's pushing that battery at 175% of it's rated amp load.

With all due respect (and we both know there's tons due for you, old friend), he does mention the 60A pulse rate. I believe pulse ratings are in the 6 second range for this specific battery. Seems like he's playing it safe, but only in the same way a nuclear facility worker is by wearing a hazmat suit; if the thing blows, nothing is going to protect him.

Last edited:

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Ok, for those still following....

I built a .9 coil, put a fresh Orbtronic 30A HD battery in it. Wow, big difference from the 1.4 coils I normally build. No warm up time, that's for sure :) Lots of flavor, a bit harsher. Definitely have to lower the nic content. Going to add some VG to what I've got in the bottle, should take care of the harshness and nic concerns. I know it's on the high side of sub-ohm but it is under an ohm...

How low can you go on a stock Grand or Mini? I'm waiting, like many of you, on the new kit. But for now, they're stock.....

Thanks!

Ok, had half a bottle in the grand with 80/20 pg/vg 24mg juice. Filled it with an equal amount of pure VG. Mmmmmmm..... Good :vapor:

Last edited:

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Depends on how long you hold the button down. You'll have no issues going down to .7, going lower is when you run into possible issues.

Ok, thanks for the info. I think I'll be happy around .8 or .9. Might try lower when the kit comes out but for now I think I'm set. I'm trying to clone a juice called "menthol sensation" and haven't been successful yet so I'm still buying it. If I cut it in half with VG that will be a manageable monthly expense, without sacrificing the taste I like, until I find the recipe for what I'm looking for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread