Why do people keep comparing LT to Provari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
I own a provari and played with a lava tube. The lt feels very toyish in the hands and has a lot of the same style of the provari. The circle cut outs show enough proof to me that it is a provari knock off made in another country. In my mind provape has one of the best customer service and device out there and is made in the USA by people living in the USA. The provari has taken a beating and still works like the day it got in my hands with very very little damage. Even with it in its naked polished state id have to point out the dings from it breaking concrete after its fallen. I can't say I have proof that the lt would hold up the abuse my vari has taken but from just holding it I would guess no. I'll take a "heavy" all stainless steel mod over a thin aluminium and plastic mod any day of the week

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I don't own a Provari and I have a LT on order processsing at this moment. I did have the fortune to use a Provari thanks to a customer/gentleman at the local vapeshop here on the westside of Indy. As soon as I picked the mod up I knew it was a high quality piece and I personally love the finish or lack thereof on the satin silver model. I must say everytime I see a review that mentions the weight of this mod or a mention of the weight in a negative light I have to chuckle because it's just proof of the build quality of the Provari. I eventually see one in my future but being relatively new to vaping and very new to vvoltage I went the inexpensive route of the LT and hopefully it measures up to its advertised claims that's all I expect.

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
Ok i don't get it the OP is asking why people keep comparing the LT to the Provari - now i woud have thought would be a good time to say yes i agree they are two totally different devices and although they are both vv devices with a screen that take the same style batteries that's where the similarities end or i disagree they are similar devices so they need to be compared - Instead of that your answering with the exact thing the OP is stating - there are a few replies in this thread which just compare the LT to the provari and that's not what the question is about it's not even stated why you would or wish to compare a mid priced VV mod with a higher end priced mod .

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
I keep saying:

Its like comparing the Bombshell to the Silver Bullet. Bombshell retails at like $60 and the Silver Bullet is about $100 (these are the prices I've seen. There may be cheaper prices, but this is just for a metaphor). Essentially the Silver Bullet is twice as much.

If I went by the logic of people who compare the Lavatube and the Provari, then the Silver Bullet is a overpriced scam on vapers, and the company that makes them are evil men in trenchcoats plotting away. But there's a reason that there more, and there one of the most talked about and liked mods. Do they each have there place? Yes. Does it really make sense to compare the two? No.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I had an original VV Buzz and really didn't care for it because it was such a hassle to change the voltage. I've been thinking about getting a Provari for sometime but didn't want to spend that much money unless I was sure it would be a PV I would use all the time. The LT was what I was waiting for. It only cost 69.00 for the tube being as I have everything else. If I find out I really like VV this time I won't mind spending a couple of hundred for a Provari or something better later.:2cool::vapor:

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I'm pretty pleased with my LT though I've only had it a day. Does as I expected and it's a definite step-up from my Ego-T which is pretty darn good in its own right. I've been pretty fortunate since I started vaping back in May that every unit I've purchased has been an improvement upon my previous purchase. I began with a 510-T kit and actually still use it from time to time...Like I said not a bad purchase yet and I owe alot of that success to the folks here at the ECF.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
I had an original VV Buzz and really didn't care for it because it was such a hassle to change the voltage. ...

Is it really that much easier to change the voltage on the Provari? :confused:

Serious question...

It seems every review I've read said you had to press button X Y times to check resistance or to alter voltage...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Is it really that much easier to change the voltage on the Provari? :confused:

Serious question...

It seems every review I've read said you had to press button X Y times to check resistance or to alter voltage...

Well I was talking about the original Buzz where you needed a tiny screwdriver and a voltmeter to change the voltage so I'm sure the Provari is a step up from that. I do like how easy it is to change the voltage with the LT and why I ordered one.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
The Mods and people Who KNOW me are shocked I have avoided posting in this thread for so long. I am a strong Anti Provari crusader for many reasons. No One, no one to me has Ever justified the price is not just a huge markup over a reasonable profit markup. Take a the 20 dollar end cap for instance. I have machined stainless steel for years. I can easily buy SS in bulk like they do and make that end cap by hand, the expensive way and sell it for 9 bucks making a large profit. These guys are making at least twice as much profit.. and that's getting over 100 % of your of your cost back and making a 75% profit on top of that. That's just Bad business. I am a sheet metal worker. Don't tell me you have to charge 20 dollars for that cheesy end cap, and, I don't have the buying power the manufacturer does.. they can get it for much cheaper and make it for much less.

The other issue is that all the components the Provari use also come from China. They are only assembled in the USA as far as I know. Are their components really better than the Lava Tube components? Possibly Yes, but.. does this justify the price? I say No. sadly, Provape wont tell you where all the parts come from or what they pay for them, so they can stop anyone from examining them too closely just because they have a great product.

If you want a true comparison of the Provari and Lavatube find out who makes all the parts of each and their rated specs. No one has done this. Both companies are gutless cowards for not giving us the consumers this information.

I haven't even mentioned the very bad design of the Provari menu system or the very ugly 60's style design.

Simply put the provari may be a better mod in the long run but the price is not justified unless those things are known. I believe the Provape company are a bunch of thieves. Please don't tell me no company has a right to disclose to the public the parts they use or the price they pay for them. Companies have been taken to court over this issue many times before - you simply cannot charge anything you want - you can make a profit with a large mark up within reason yes, but that mark up has a cap on it under fair market value laws. I do not believe Provape is following these laws and so far they have gotten away with their thievery. I challenge anyone to prove me different by actually finding the costs Provape pays for these parts and assembling them. I bet Volcanoecigs could make (contract out of stainless steel and better components) a better Provari clone and only have to charge at most 40 to 50 dollars more. ( still under 100 dollars) This would put the Provari thieves in their humble place.

Gimme a break. I just paid 62 dollars for a Provari clone called a LavaTube ( has all the same functionality save one, the ohms meter) and it can be made much better than it is. Volcanoecigs made MONEY on this unit. You gonna tell me the Provari people list the official price at 200 dollars BUT ALWAYS give a ongoing sale price of 159.95 ?? People.. that's a come-on. Retailers do it all the time to get top dollar. They are still making a Killing on that price because 159.95 has a huge markup !

It mattes not that the unit is rock solid ( to some) and is the best performing VV, those people are still being taken for a ride because Provape can get away with it.

If I'm wrong and Provape can prove it, and this post hurts their business, let them sue me in Court. That's how sure I am that I am right. They won't do that for many reasons.. but mostly because they know they will lose. Wait and see.

Last edited:

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah
Well I was talking about the original Buzz where you needed a tiny screwdriver and a voltmeter to change the voltage so I'm sure the Provari is a step up from that. I do like how easy it is to change the voltage with the LT and why I ordered one.

Thanks for the clarification. I can see how that would be annoying.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
If I'm wrong and Provape can prove it, and this post hurts their business, let them sue me in Court. That's how sure I am that I am right. They won't do that for many reasons.. but mostly because they know they will lose. Wait and see.

I'm pretty sure Provape doesnt care about your post in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread