Whole Tobacco Alkaloid (WTA) A users experience and insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

div

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2010
So California
interesting on the 0 nic wta, no idea where to find that. But I do have a wta bottle from aroma 18mg. It's thick and I'm clumsy with my diy still but hope to get a good mix going. I use 2-3 drops right now with my existing liquid to not change my original flavor. It works for me, don't need it all the time, but it does work. I can put the pv down for a while, I do get the ahhh relaxed feeling with it.

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
New Zealand (Middle Earth, lol)
I wanted to comment on this responsible upfront snippet from the vapelicious website:

"You should note that WTA, like all electronic cigarettes are not a cessation product. A few people who use strong painkillers or other anti-depressants have claimed that the relaxation effect is extra strong, so please consult your doctor before trying WTA. Regular users haven’t reported this effect, but it sounds similar to the feeling when we have tried up to triple the strength which is sold."

Smoking itself has some of this type of effect for sure from my research. Certain less common tobaccos produce these effects quite strongly, even on their own. Even roll your own tobacco has more mao inhibition (and thus wta's in likelyhood) than factory pre-rolled.

Snus has been shown in studies, and consumer experience to produce more overall non-nicotine alkaloids in the urine, than smoking (but effect itself seems to be released over time, instead of all at once vs smoking). vaping wta is IMO probably very comparible to snus, effects/mao-i wise, if I was to stab a guess guess.

This sort of interaction, if its "something", is probably only occuring with very broad spectrum anti-depressants and very strong pain medication etc. It could be related to lack of tolerance to wta's etc

(I really wouldnt discount this entirely, lack of tolerance, re: these scattered reports either. When not smoking, a single cig hits you quite hard. That effect could be a lot stronger on heavy drugs where the effects are synergistic, and made worse by a nic-only vapers instinct to hit the PV harder than a cig. Imagine popping a strong snus, when ud only been using nic gum, in this circumstance. This is a theory worth consideration too IMO. I imagine all these folks tried a puff here and there and found it too much. Its hard to say if they had established tolerance, like a smoker, if the same thing would have occured)

And if you use WTA less frequently or in a lower mix, this might not apply so much- all kinda guessing .....but...

But for now I would echo this statement, and suggest just to be on the totally cautious side - if you use WTA e-liquids, specially a stronger mix of WTA frequently and you see your doctor, or are prescribed a medicine - tell them you are using WTAs, and explain that it is a _mild_ mao inhibitor extracted from tobacco.

(If they ask for details, its both mao-a and b and reiterate that its mild -only people on heavy drugs like strong opiates have noticed anything at all, and then just basically feeling sleepy)

They wont know what a wta is, or about the minor alkaloids in tobacco (anabasine is a good one to give them if they want to look it up), but they'll know what a mao inhibitor is for sure. So theres there point of academic understanding.

In practice all this most likely means (if it indeed means anything!) is that for some using people using lots of WTA, you may need a little lower doses when using certain medicines (or at least being aware of some level of interaction, however small)- basically a little awareness on your medical professionals side cant hurt right?

And I know, that even chain smoking can make u a bit sleepy, especially on heavy sedative drugs, and its really as much speculation, caution and hearsay but just thought id say, it might be smart to bring it up with ur doc, just like anything else that might or might not be relevant to their work and your health.

Peace,
Drael

Last edited:

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Since I was a 50 yr smoker I purchased 30 ml when I started as I thought I may need it. I have been at it now for 13 days (no cigs at all). Well, on the 3rd day i felt a little 'antsy' so I remembered the WTA. I tried it & it WORKED! I am using about 1/2 ml a day. Maybe once a day I add some to my juice as I have found I do not need it straight. So I supplement with it which keeps the cost down. BTW, it does not interfere with the juice I add it with. I have not used any in a couple days. It works for me. Maybe do a coop on it?
Keith

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Since I was a 50 yr smoker I purchased 30 ml when I started as I thought I may need it. I have been at it now for 13 days (no cigs at all). Well, on the 3rd day i felt a little 'antsy' so I remembered the WTA. I tried it & it WORKED! I am using about 1/2 ml a day. Maybe once a day I add some to my juice as I have found I do not need it straight. So I supplement with it which keeps the cost down. BTW, it does not interfere with the juice I add it with. I have not used any in a couple days. It works for me. Maybe do a coop on it?
Keith

What's up fellow -gander?

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
I wanted to ask, does anyone have any personal experience with vaping WTA (the stronger ones, like aroma's standard, or vapelicious' x-tra high) AND getting drunk, OR taking medications?

Its not advisable to vape WTA with medicines (as it may or may not potentiate slightly stronger than smoking does), as I said above.

- but if anyone has done so already, or just gotten drunk, and has something to report, or not, that might help clear up for others what is actually kosher and isn't or if this is an issue at all.....

For the record, I noticed no interaction whatsoever with diazapam 5mg, or codiene 30mg that I was prescribed at various points (but I did start both those medications at lower doses at first, just in case). I know someone on stronger painkillers, and they didn't notice anything there either with WTA.

But the scattered reports make me suspicious that perhaps the stronger mixs of wta, may have slightly more mao of some form (a or b) than smoking does - which might only matter with very strong medications etc (speculation).

But either way, it would be very worth knowing what we can, if we can establish anything about all this. Would really help IMO, if people gave feedback on this.

NB Lemme know mods if this topic isn't kosher here. I am sure you can understand why I am posting it :)

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
The only time I actually notice WTA is when I haven't had it for a long while. Ive had to take Vicodine a couple times for a few days. I know I vaped more than usual and I vaped WTA 90 % of the time back when I took the pain pulls. I was pretty much bed bound. There doesn't seem to be anything too exciting going on with WTA except when you don't get any for awhile and then do some. I started snus last week to see how it worked exactly for WTA because maybe they're going to ban it in e juice or something and it works fine. I have to watch my spending lately and in fact probably for a long time. So far snus seems to be more effective, use less and get more for my money....which I suppose will go to teeth whitening supplies! I think anybody on anti depressant that you are not supposed to mix with MAOI s might be concerned but in fact I do take an antidepressant like that and have been for a very long time. Nothing weirder than usual going on with me. It's a mild natural dose believe it has a short life. Not as short as nicotine but short. Hey. I don't really know but it's no big deal as far as I can tell. I don't drink so won't be able to help you there. I think there is plenty stuff you should not mix with ethanol but people do it all the time

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
Well see that just adds to the picture, thanks :)

I tend to agree that likely any potential differences there between WTA and smoking, in regard to interactions would be not huge (probably small, if they exist at all), based on people I have talked to (like my freind who is on pretty serious pain pills), and myself, and also after hearing your account, who have all noticed nothing at all.

But it helps to have a clearer picture, either way, so thanks for your input :)

And I think your right, just like with tobacco smoking if youve been away from it for a while, you feel it more.

GinTnt

Jul 10, 2012
Midwest
Hi all, I just got some aroma wta juice, and am glad I found this thread. Lots of great information! I tried the 24 mg vanilla and 24 mg mahola, since they seemed to be like my two favorite flavors I get from DFW. The Ja Makin You Crazie is a fruit blend, and it's similar to the Mahola. I tried the wta's both straight at first, and it did seem that I got a slight tobaccoish taste, but it could have been the woody taste you folks are describing. The throat hit seemed stronger than I'm used to though, so I decided to mix. I had a 30 ml bottle of 24 mg DVW vanilla ice cream and mixed it with 10 ml of 24 mg vanilla wta. The vanilla from aroma is very buttery, so this helped the flavor a lot. I also mixed the 10 ml 24 mg Mahola with about 20 ml 24 mg of DFW Ja Makin with no perceptible change in the flavor.

I decided to try the wta to see if it would help my chain vaping. So far it has helped. I was vaping around 2-3 ml a day, and in the last 2 days I've vaped less than 2 ml.

I will probably try to get some of the DIY when it becomes available, and mix it with my other favorite flavors. Does anyone have a recommendation on proportion? I'm worried that I might mute the flavor too much if I use as much as I did with the flavored wta's I got. I'm wondering what might be a good mix, since I don't think I need the full jolt of a wta-only juice. They don't have all the comparable flavors and I'd hate to mess up some of my favorites with a bad mix of flavored wta and my current non-wta juices.

Thanks so much for any info!

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I bought WTA in a 24mg at 2 weeks. It did not seem any different than regular e-juice. I also dripped it to see if that would make it any better, it did not. I think it just boils down to the individual. I have seen on ebay where it appeared to give a cigarette like effect to the user. Think about it before ordering, it is expensive

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
They should really give some instructions with the DIY WTA. I flavored the DIY WTA with my favorite Recipe. Then I made a batch of same flavor and mixed 1/3rd WTA flavored with 2/3rds non WTA. I didn't give a care about nicotine content because I get plenty of that from other e juice. The DIY WTA has 20 mg nic and I had my favorite in 36-ish mg.nic so that's 2x36 plus 1x20 ( doing 3rds) came to about 30 mg nic. Even though they don't say how much WTA is in the stuff I can tell about it and a few drops of it would be totally wasted on me. In fact I would've done 50/50 but it was all VG and I like more pg. so as far as DIY goes that's about $1.00 worth of non WTA and about $11.50 for the WTA. This way you see how you can create three times more DIY. It is a 30 ml bottle right? $12.00 for 30 ml instead of 10 ml. That's why I say 50/50 would be best for me. Next time Diy WTA is available I'll ask if it's doable to put in PG or mixed pg VG. Hope this helps. You can call the owner and get his imput. It seems the amt of WTA required to make it "work" varies between people much like the nic, but I wouldn't overestimate it's strength. In fact I vaped it plain often and nothing radical going on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread