Which supplier uses in-house extracts in their e-liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Spanker

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2008
Toronto
I recently purchased one of the cigar flavored juice from Want2Vape called Acid Blondie(a phenomenal juice btw), after reading a lot of positive feedback here on ECF.

When I received the juice, I first noticed that the fluid was very dark in color, almost like a tar.

My initial reaction was like "Hm, why the hell is this juice black? What the hell?" I was very skeptical about vaping a black colored fluid(I thought I got a defective batch or something), so I decided to contact Want2Vape about it, and it turns out that the dark color is in fact, the cigar extract that they put it in there.

A cigar extract in an e-liquid? I thought all e-liquids flavors were derived from synthesized molecules so I was very surprised to hear this. No wonder it tastes so good!

Does anyone know any other vendors that also use in-house extracts as flavoring? Or is Want2Vape the only vendor who does this?

Last edited:

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
Backwoods Brew house-extracts their tobacco flavors.

Vaperite house-extracts their tobacco flavors.

Want2Vape house-extracts their tobacco and coffee flavors.

Tasty Vapor house-extracts their tobacco flavors.

Prime Vaping house-extracts some of their tobacco flavors.

Alien Visions may not house extract (I don't know for sure and don't think so) but you'll not taste a better juice than Boba's Bounty.

Remember, house extracted does not necessarily mean a better-tasting juice. However, all of the the above suppliers do provide tasty juices of exceptional quality. You'll find some you like and some you're not so crazy about between the different vendors and even within a single vendor's offerings. That's a lot of the fun (and expense) of vaping, finding juice you can love.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I haven't sampled any of Prime Vaping's extract-flavored juices, but I heartily agree with rrayda about the others: BWB, Vaperite, Want2Vape, and Boba's.

All those vendors make some extraordinary tobacco juices. While I don't like every single juice from these vendors, most of my Top 25 juices are from this group. Each vendor's offerings carry a distinctive flavor signature that is consistent across their lines.

The cigar vapes from Want2Vape are unique. Blondie, Alcazar, the recent Tabac Especial, and the first three of the new and supposedly-available-today-but-not-yet-on-the-web-site Vapenstein Blends. Also Red Pirate, a chewing tobacco extract. Alcazar is my favorite of that bunch.

I have grown to love the chocolate-tinged Casablanca blend by Backwoods Brew. Don's RY4 is justifiably famous (and nearly impossible to get---every time it appears on the site, it sells out in about five minutes). Well-steeped BWB 555 is divine. I'm awaiting an order of his new Hazelnut Tobacco with great anticipation. On the other hand, I found Don's attempt at a "pure" analog replicant---called Smoke---to be just awful. I should add that BWB's non-tobacco vapes are often exquisite: Café Mocha is fabulous, and Malty or Malty Toffee as mixing liquids make just about any juice better.

Vaperite's Organic Honey Tobacco is to die for, in my opinion, but VR's 777 didn't do a thing for me. Vaperite's VR4 is a stunning RY4 variant, with a caramel flavor that's so rich it's almost gooey. Deee-licious.

I like Tasty Vapor's tobacco flavors across the board: Frisco is a scrumptious departure from more standard 555s by using hazelnut rather than peanut. Tampa is sort of like Frisco without the nuttiness, but quite wonderful. Tennessee adds a yummy flue-cured note, while Phoenix aims at a lighter-toned English Pipe tobacco. Texas (the Marlboro Lights knock-off) is the least of bunch on my palate.

Last, Alien Visions' Bobas' Bounty defies description. I still haven't figured out what the flavors are in that amazing juice.

I don't mean to be snobbish in my praise of these juices. Lots of other non-extracted tobacco juices from other vendors are very good---including some of Dekang's many variations---but the time, care, and artistry of the extracted-base juice-makers makes their tobacco vapes quite special.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
I like Tasty Vapor's tobacco flavors across the board: Frisco is a scrumptious departure from more standard 555s by using hazelnut rather than peanut. Tampa is sort of like Frisco without the nuttiness, but quite wonderful. Tennessee adds a yummy flue-cured note, while Phoenix aims at a lighter-toned English Pipe tobacco. Texas (the Marlboro Lights knock-off) is the least of bunch on my palate.

Those aren't Tasty Vapor, you're talking Vapor Station here. I'm not sure if they house-extract or not. Either way, I ordered a big old batch from them a few months back after hearing the hype around these parts. Big bottles of Frisco, Tampa, Phoenix and VS4 showed up at my door and....gotta say I was quite unimpressed. I'm not sure what it is, but VS just doesn't do it for me. There's just no accounting for taste.

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Vaperite's Organic Honey Tobacco is to die for, in my opinion, .
You are not alone. The honey is sooooo subtle, that I find myself chain-vaping it, just to keep chasing that little tiny hint of honey essence. If there was any more honey, I probably wouldn't like it. The little whisper is just....I dunno....perfect.

Eager to hear your thoughts on the BWB Hazelnut Tobacco. I definitely see this becoming a must-always-have-on-hand favorite.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Those aren't Tasty Vapor, you're talking Vapor Station here.

You're right, of course, rrayda. I had those two vendors mixed up inside my head. Chalk it up to brain damage. LOL.

Tasty Vapor is from Geoff, who also sells the flavor doublers, right? Geoff sells two juices---Tobacco and Tobacco Menthol---made from macerated tobacco. Funny thing is, I was about to buy his Tobacco juice a while back, but the reviews I found of that particular juice (if memory serves) seemed weighted markedly toward a thumbs down. Lots of people gave positive reviews of Tasty Vapor's non-tobacco juices and were especially pleased with the doublers as a very good deal, but the unfavorable and occasionally harsh reviews of his tobacco version didn't inspire confidence in me, so I passed. YMMV.

I think you're right also that Vapor Station doesn't use house-extracted tobacco. My confusion stems from discovering Vapor Station through Dr. Vapenstein's reviews. As we know, the good Dr. LOVES real tobacco. Eric's Vapor Station juices do have a unique signature, but as I now recall (and re-confirmed on the Vapenstein review), it's because VS tobacco juices were developed with a flavor company in India and are manufactured there, probably using flavors sourced from the Indian subcontinent. Thus the somewhat unusual tastes. Different cultures do have markedly different palates.

You didn't like Frisco, et al, eh? Well, to each his own. The "one man's ceiling" rule applies in vaping, as with most things.

Looks like Want2Vape missed the advertised and anticipated roll-out date for the first three Vapenstein extracted-tobacco juices. May 16th is waning as I write, but the site remains unchanged. Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread