Where to next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
A Bolt with two extensions and a Kick should run about $95ish not cheap but many happy users running that setup, and user repairable except for the Kick, but Evolv has stood behind their products to this point.

I dont consider a month or three long term testing. I'm glad the Vamo has been drop tested though because I am prone to forgetting my PV in my lap when I hop out of my truck, my LavaTube v1 hit more parking lots than I can remember and it lasted 9 months till I lost it, but my LT v1.5 bit the dust from one waist high fall on vinyl flooring. So far I have only dropped my ProV on carpet off the couch, maybe the added cost has made me more careful;)

I guess my issue is more that I dont have personal experience with any of the newer budget devices(except the Bolt) and the LT v1.5 left a sour taste in my mouth. I was happy with the LT v1 while I had it even though it had issues such as the plastic cover on the battery cap came off and the plastic top cap would come off from time to time, it did continue to work fine. I really hope the Vamo will be a survivor like my first LT was. I am worried it will turn out like the v1.5 and the first drop will render it a paper weight.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
A Bolt with two extensions and a Kick should run about $95ish not cheap but many happy users running that setup, and user repairable except for the Kick, but Evolv has stood behind their products to this point.

I dont consider a month or three long term testing. I'm glad the Vamo has been drop tested though because I am prone to forgetting my PV in my lap when I hop out of my truck, my LavaTube v1 hit more parking lots than I can remember and it lasted 9 months till I lost it, but my LT v1.5 bit the dust from one waist high fall on vinyl flooring. So far I have only dropped my ProV on carpet off the couch, maybe the added cost has made me more careful;)

I guess my issue is more that I dont have personal experience with any of the newer budget devices(except the Bolt) and the LT v1.5 left a sour taste in my mouth. I was happy with the LT v1 while I had it even though it had issues such as the plastic cover on the battery cap came off and the plastic top cap would come off from time to time, it did continue to work fine. I really hope the Vamo will be a survivor like my first LT was. I am worried it will turn out like the v1.5 and the first drop will render it a paper weight.

Sure, it hasn't been long term testing, but after a few months I have a pretty good idea. Sigelei Zmax is made sturdier than the Smoktech. I have Smoktech stainless steel and that is sturdy. Sigelei Zmax is more like a provari for robustness.
Phil Busardo's review has more on its weight and so on.
I have an anodized Bolt, not chrome. So it feels light but solid. If some-one wants to kick an anodized they'll need to sand inside though.
Some people have had issues with the kick. One thing for me is the Vamo will work good on vw with an 18350 - which is a nice smaller size. Whereas an 18350 and a kick.... Kicks work better with the bigger batts. With a Bolt its kick an 18500, or an 18650 - makes a long mod with two extensions tho. Also you are going to get less battery life with a kick. If I did get a kick I'd go for the kicklet as well - but kick and kicklet is looking at $100 or so. Some don't like the kicklet because it adds length to the mod - which is true. I don't see the point of a kick unless you're into mechanical mods and are going to use the kick with them all. Then I think its a great addition to have. Otherwise, vv and vw both on one device at around $40-$50 - get a Vamo.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Just got a look on tasteyourjuice of the Anyvape CVI. That is another nice looking mod at a good price. Looking forward to pbusardo's video review.

Anyvape CVI Ecig Mod APV Looks to be instock here.

Waiting for the review too. I know one batch of these arrived at a vendor with scratches and without the additional short tubes. They are supposed to also have a shorter tube - so you can use an 18350 or an 18650. And I think the idea is you can buy different tubes to mix up colors. I emailed a supplier of these a couple of weeks ago - he said it uses RMS (Edit - got my supplier mixed up - he did say RMS). I'm very interested to see how the test results look if that's the case. Maybe its the colors - it doesn't look sturdy. But it might be.

Last edited:

Hokus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Woodstock, GA
Thanks for all of this info guys! This is my I love this forum! I definitely like the 3 button concept better than the single button just for the user friendlyness of it.. but I think ill wait and see how this new cvi turns out and go from there. . It seems like it could be amazing.. or just suck wind :p

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Since you are a verified member and you want to keep the cost down, sign up for a Co-Op for either the Stainless Steel Vamo, Sigelei Zmax or a CVI. There lies your best bang for the buck. You trade instant gratification for significant financial savings.

I bought a Sigelei Zmax (Stainless) with a zippered carry case,cheap charger and 4 IMR 18650 batts and a CE4 (not the greatest)for $67 and change delivered. That was a good deal IMO.

jkim5708

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
So Cali
So I've been vaping for a bit now, and I want something new and exciting I guess. I currently have an ego-v + vivi nova setup and I absolutely love it. I would like to get into a good APV but I don't want to spend too much right off the bat. I'm looking into the VAMO, VMax, Zmax, e-Vic, or Anyvape.

Anyone have any guidance of a good starting place?

Thanks! :)

went from a cheap 510 then ego twist..then provari mini...this obsession is breaking the bank..now m looking to get a mech mod...will it ever end. I know u said budget is tight....but the provari is worth every $$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread