What Tasty Vapor flavors haven't been popular and have been pulled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
I'm sorry if this seems negative, it isn't my intention. In another thread, Mr. Tasty Vapor said that they hold back on offering doublers of their new flavors until they are sure they will sell adequately. This got me thinking: I don't remember any flavors which didn't go over well, and I certainly don't remember any flavors that were discontinued due to unpopularity. Granted, I have only been using TV since about April, so maybe further back there were flavors which didn't work out.

Do any of you long-timers remember any TV flavors that got pulled from the product page? Thanks, and a big thank you to Mr. Tasty Vapor, you guys make all my juice...

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
There have been three premium flavors that didn't do well and were pulled: Creme Brulee, S'Mores, Pistachio Ice Cream.

Also flavorings that were requested maybe once every couple-few months that have been pulled:

Horchata
Apricot
Plum
Pistachio
Ginger

Licorice also suffered this fate for a while, but we were using solely Lorann's flavoring for this one. It has been re-developed by Tasty Vapor and put back on the store.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Now that you have Gingerbread in the premiums, doesn't that mean you keep ginger in stock? If so, why not put it back on sale? Also, while I'm not interested in Gingerbread, I'd love a Ginger Ale flavor.

ETA: Geoff, if one were to buy TV's unflavored liquid from the CYO section and wanted to add a single flavor of Lorann's or Capella's that you do not carry, approximately how much of the flavor would you recommend adding to an ounce of liquid?

Last edited:

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
I am getting dangerously close to being out of my gingerbread that I am seriously addicted to now (especially using my LR801). I got a full bottle (along with caramel popcorn) in a swap, and just can't put it down. What's with the doublers? Flavor with no nic? I don't know if it was used or not in what I have, but should I used sweetner? I need to order or find some by tomorrow morning and need to know these things before I do.

Amazing job btw!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cskalash

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Portugal
Doublers are a way to keep juice costs lower. flavor no nic. Lets say you vape at 18mg nic juice. You buy 2 1oz 48mg liquid for 30$ plus 4oz doubler for 15$, total 45$ for 5oz/150ml (147,8 for picky ones :D) 18mg nic after everything mixed of course. Just buying liquid with nic you would spend 75$. Obviously you are supposed to order doublers from the same flavor as liquid :D

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
You know, I don't think Geoff is being all that honest with you guys on this here thread. He had a bunch of early mixes he doesn't like to tell people about because, well, I think he's ashamed... I don't know why he's ashamed... I thought his Yak Spit & Rotted Barley juice was just as tasty as his Bug Guts & Black Mold combination! :)

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Thanks Geoff for the info, I had forgotten about Pistachio Ice Cream, which was pulled recently (within last 6 months). Too bad I didn't try that one, sounds good to me! (Maybe that one could someday make a comeback like Licorice did)

I second this Geoff! I have some Pistachio Ice Cream and although not bad, it definitely could use an upgrade! Maybe you could work on this one and try it 1 more time. If it doesn't go over well the 2nd time then BYE BYE forever! But at least another shot at it would be cool. I would definitely buy it again if it were upgraded to try it.

CV

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I second this Geoff! I have some Pistachio Ice Cream and although not bad, it definitely could use an upgrade! Maybe you could work on this one and try it 1 more time. If it doesn't go over well the 2nd time then BYE BYE forever! But at least another shot at it would be cool. I would definitely buy it again if it were upgraded to try it.

CV

I can certainly understand this. But consider things from my perspective. We pump out thousands of bottles of hand mixed liquids. We see what's ordered, we see the reports of what does well and doesn't do well.

We don't mind keeping a flavor or recipe around that doesn't do particularly well, but we can't see keeping shelf space available for flavorings that clearly sales of that flavor/recipe are so abysmally low, keeping the shelf space available for those flavors while the flavors that DO sell are sitting on a table somewhere else because there is no shelf space....

I can see your points, but I see mine sitting on a table on a daily basis and have to ask "why am I doing this?" It's easier to outmode a flavor and stick the sellers on "the mantel" instead of the back table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread