What replaced the zennith 2 as a mtl tank?

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Ive been away from the vape world awhile. But i really need to kick these cigarettes. When I last vaped, the zennith 2 was the go to tank for mtl. Has anything surpassed it yet? I was trying to replace the o rings as they are all old now, and i see that most of my g to stores are gone. Figured it would just be easier to buy new tanks at this point. But I am so out of the loop these days i could use advice.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
The Zenith 2 is still going. There's also Innokin's newer Zlide Top & Zenith Minimal. They use the same coils as the Zenith 2. Those Z-Coils are still regarded as among the best for MTL.

Aspire's Nautilus tanks are also still going and are another good MTL choice. I doubt they'll top the Zenith line for you, though. If you're already in the Z-Coil ecosystem, there's no reason to change. In your place, I'd go w/ Zenith 2 or check out the newer models.

There's also RTAs, if you want to consider those. i believe you can still get Innokin's: The Ares 2. There are other MTL RTAs as well. Search any online retailer.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Ive been away from the vape world awhile. But i really need to kick these cigarettes. When I last vaped, the zennith 2 was the go to tank for mtl. Has anything surpassed it yet? I was trying to replace the o rings as they are all old now, and i see that most of my g to stores are gone. Figured it would just be easier to buy new tanks at this point. But I am so out of the loop these days i could use advice.
For O rings you want the diameter of the “rubber”, the material (usually silicone), and the diameter of the ring. If you have those you can just order them.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I was trying to replace the o rings as they are all old now

I'm not familiar with the seals on that tank, but if you mean orings as in actual, real orings rather than proprietary seals...if you have a vernier millimeter caliper (preferably digital) you can carefully measure the outer diameter and thickness and buy them from oringsandmore.com They have both nitrile metric orings and silicone metric orings in just about any size they are made in. Reasonable prices and shipping charges.

Of course there's nothing wring with buying a new tank. You've been given probably the best alternatives already.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I might just buy some new tanks for now. but that's a good website to have on hand. Most of my go to shopping places disappeared.

Yes it is. I buy all my orings from there because they carry every size that a vape tank/RDA would use, it's easy to shop (but could be better) and everything is reasonably priced. And no waiting for some aliexpress package that seemingly never comes lol.

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Zenith II is the best mtl tank Innokin has made in my opinion, on the coil side I feel that they have had less development over the years.
    The only gasket I haven't found yet is the refill gasket.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Like I said, when I cannot get anymore z-coils, I'll go back to my k'funs.
    I have a juice I never got to sing in an rta, that's the only thing the zenith II is used for with the 1.2 coil.
    Everything else is rta's.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I have a juice I never got to sing in an rta, that's the only thing the zenith II is used for with the 1.2 coil.
    Everything else is rta's.
    Those are what I use at 9 watts. Though, I've become lazy and have been vaping unflavored for the past year.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Those are what I use at 9 watts. Though, I've become lazy and have been vaping unflavored for the past year.
    Liqua Traditional Tobacco, 8.5-9w.
    There's something special about the sweetness the 1.2 coil gives that I can't get in an rta, and I've tried many different cottons.
    Now that I think about it, what I haven't tried is khantal wire in the search for the combination.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Liqua Traditional Tobacco, 8.5-9w.
    There's something special about the sweetness the 1.2 coil gives that I can't get in an rta, and I've tried many different cottons.
    Now that I think about it, what I haven't tried is khantal wire in the search for the combination.
    You haven't tried kanthal? Okay.

As for cotton, I've only used our drug store chain of organic cotton balls. David sent me some rayon, and, sorry David, I've only tried it once before I gave up.

So, you're a tobacco lover, eh? Unflavored has often been compared to Marlboro Lights.

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    You haven't tried kanthal? Okay.

As for cotton, I've only used our drug store chain of organic cotton balls. David sent me some rayon, and, sorry David, I've only tried it once before I gave up.

So, you're a tobacco lover, eh? Unflavored has often been compared to Marlboro Lights.
    Yep, 90% tobacco, 5% unflavoured, and 5% other things like fruit and dessert.
    I've always been with ss316 for rta, but should try kanthal soon to see if I can get my most used tobacco over to rta's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread