What is the most reliable non-dripping system available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
So I'm not too thrilled with my KR8 and cartos. The taste just usually isn't there. If I haven't touched a carto in a few days, I get a few tasty hits, but then it turns to bleh (I suppose it's the taste of nicotien and cotton). I was all set to buy the Boge Leo, but it turns out cartridges are even worse than cartomizers.

If you're not in to dripping, what is the most bullet proof system available (that doesn't look like a .... pipe)?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I found this true for kr8 cartos too. I use a 510 primarily with Boge cartos, which I've read were filled with higher-grade material than some kr8 cartos, and I love them. They have very little of their own flavor, and flavored juices are as true as dripping, and more consistent. Their are improved (Premium) kr8 cartos out there, which I think use the same material as the Boges. They do seem better than the original kr8 cartos.

Another option, although I have not tried them, are the E2 ceramic cartos. People here love them, and find them a significant improvement over "cotton"-type cartos. I intend to try them at some point.

Other vets may have other suggestions. Don?

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
There is the new tank system for the eGo and Tornado e-cigs. I haven't personally used them, but you can read on the forum from people who have. Here is a large thread about it - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/139915-new-ego-tank-system.html - there are also some reviews posted.

Then there are juice feeder mods (click the link to a post that tells you all about them). Generally quite expensive, but I'm a convert to them now. Examples include the Ali'i, the Phidias, the Reo's, and various others. I don't think they look like ".... pipes" but it's true, they don't look anything at all like an analogue.. A reasonably complete list is here - Juice Feeder | e-Cigarette Mods by Specs

Also I don't know what cartomizers you use now, but there is some variation in them, depending on the manufacturer. Not all KR8 cartomizers are equal. The bog standard Kanger KR808D-1 carto's I've had from China have not been anything more than adequate, although I believe they might have improved lately. Have you tried the various "premium" cartomizers around which should perform better (for example the Vapor4Life Coolcarts etc.).

The E2's seem to polarize opinion :) Some of them can taste not good at first (possibly something on the wick that affects the taste at first) but I've found they often do end up working well once fully broken in. It's true there is no filler so nothing to burn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread